la tuque !!

groomer

just read that on the french forum.from latuque to relais 22 ,you won t need to go by la croche .the new trail is under construction.

trail from lac edouard to trail 23 will be groomed depending of the ''grooming money ''.2-3x like last year .

guy should post more info later.

groomer !!!

Yes, looks good, no longer need to go over ice and pass by camping area leaving town. Also, lets hope this may be in preperation of the re-opening of trail 347 back to Mattawin trails? It will help business for the outfitters such as Club Odanak and Relais Chez Black for sure. Thanks for the updates and pictures.

Any new trail is a good trail!! Thanks for the info

Yes I agree any new trail is better then losing one.

Technically speaking this is a re-route for the existing trail #73 so to me is not new

since it goes to the same place Its all good.

Yes I agree any new trail is better then losing one.

Technically speaking this is a re-route for the existing trail #73 so to me is not new

since it goes to the same place Its all good.

Looks like it cuts off some mileage between Relais 22 & La Tuque. Looks like it comes on 347 very near Chez Blacks place.

Yes, looks good, no longer need to go over ice and pass by camping area leaving town. Also, lets hope this may be in preperation of the re-opening of trail 347 back to Mattawin trails? It will help business for the outfitters such as Club Odanak and Relais Chez Black for sure. Thanks for the updates and pictures.

Yeah, it can't come soon enough for Odanak. Last time I was there (2 years ago) it was falling apart at the seams. They had no biz at all other than the 5 of us who stopped by that night. From what we were told a local indian guy had taken it over. When the "original Club Odanak" was there they were doing great. Lots of nights the entire place was filled up with tour groups. Too bad they pissed off (on?) the local club and they retaliated by not grooming to their door anymore after 347 was closed.

timbo

The very first place I ever stayed was Club Odanak back in 98. We actually became very friendly with the owners right up until the son lost his life. The place was so packed that they put us up in workers quaters to stay the night. Had to eat at the bar because the dinning room was packed full.

Went back last year after not visiting in a few and we were solo there. We had a great visit but sad to see what it has become. Hopefully they will turn things around.

Yes I agree Club Odanak was a great stop stayed there a few times. The owner who lost his son had come from Africa to Quebec not sure if he was from Quebec or France. Was a much different place once he was gone, and the new owners took over. With the closure of 347 it was game over. It's a Shame but without the 347 or an access trail that is groomed their fate is sealed not sure if 347 will ever be restored. This new trail 73 maybe will be what they need to make a comeback. We shall see. I will stop there. If it's open and accessible.

• 4 months later...

posted on the french forum around 1 hrs pm.4 '' of fresh snow (fluffy ) and still snowing.

groomer !!!

just to make sure ,it was still snowing at 1 hrs pm, not at the time i posted ......maybe too.will check later.

groomer !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Nouvelle pour la #73N vers Vermillion.

J'arrive du Relais Vermillion en motoneige et avec le 10 pouces et 12 pouces par endroit de neige qu'on à reçu ça va être beau. Dans la partie graveler de 11 km on a frapper quelques roches mais très peu. Cette semaine dans cette partie on va taper le sentier seulement pour ne pas faire resortir les roches et je crois que ça va être ok

fyi...

73 north toward vermillion

that guy is just back from relais vernmillion and he s a director for the club in latuque.10-12'' of fresh snow .

they ll pack the snow only instead of grooming ,not to bring back the rocks.they ll do it this week.the 11km of plowed road i guess,not too bad ,few rocks

groomer !!!