Cabano/Squatec trail conditions?

snowrider3

Have the trails improved with the recent new snow or should we stick closer to the St-Laurent river going up and back this week? Thanks

If this helps Ya since your heading out soon. I was in Northern Maine last week and they got 13 last wed and another 14 in millinockett area on Sat. :good:

Just got back from a 900 miler in 4 days. Left St Victor to Beauceville to Saint Pamphile to Poheenagamok to Riviere Bleu to Clair to Fort Kent to Van Buren to Edmunston to Moose Valley to Bien Coup to Cabano to Pohenagamook to Lac Des L'Est to Saint Magliore to Lac Frontier to Saint Sabine to Lac Etchemin to Beauceville and back to Saint Victor. All trails except east and west of Lac Etchemin were a perfect 10, most without a sled track on them except ours. Also encountered a very dangerous condition on the trail from St Joseph to St Jacques. Their was a high banked chute about 200 feet long which had a spring at the top feeding water down it and the entire thing was glare ice. Luckily no one coming and rode it out to the bottom. Called the club and they ware trying to come up with a fix for the week-end. Also appreciated the re-route to Beauceville on 75. Only thing is there is just about the same amount of trail on the road and the first warm-up we will be riding blacktop again (or dirt). Looks like they kind of exchanged routes and came up with the same thing.

NB, Maine and QC otherwise is open for business as usual. Normal Febuary conditions!!!

Karl

Just got back from a 900 miler in 4 days. Left St Victor to Beauceville to Saint Pamphile to Poheenagamok to Riviere Bleu to Clair to Fort Kent to Van Buren to Edmunston to Moose Valley to Bien Coup to Cabano to Pohenagamook to Lac Des L'Est to Saint Magliore to Lac Frontier to Saint Sabine to Lac Etchemin to Beauceville and back to Saint Victor. All trails except east and west of Lac Etchemin were a perfect 10, most without a sled track on them except ours. Also encountered a very dangerous condition on the trail from St Joseph to St Jacques. Their was a high banked chute about 200 feet long which had a spring at the top feeding water down it and the entire thing was glare ice. Luckily no one coming and rode it out to the bottom. Called the club and they ware trying to come up with a fix for the week-end. Also appreciated the re-route to Beauceville on 75. Only thing is there is just about the same amount of trail on the road and the first warm-up we will be riding blacktop again (or dirt). Looks like they kind of exchanged routes and came up with the same thing.

NB, Maine and QC otherwise is open for business as usual. Normal Febuary conditions!!!

Karl

How far is it from Jackman, Maine to Riviera Duloop

• 10 months later...

Just thought I would try and get some 2012 conditions?

There doesn't seem to be many people on here?

I will be in the Edmunston area this coming weekend and thought about dooing a loop through MooseValley to Biencourt and back through Cabano to Edmunston?? Has the snow plied up enough to make this trip?

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Groomer and CS

I was starting to wonder if anyone rides in this area any longer??

I think we will try leaving from Edmunston on Friday and go to Moose Valley for sure. I know they are grooming to Biencourt but not sure from there??

I really enjoy the ride to Cabano. Great trail! Maybe more snow this week?

Cheers!

The "Whaler"

That club house in Moose Valley is quite the joint. Bon Feme waitress :mellow: six pairs of bose 802 speakers hanging from the ceiling :blink: great food :good:

You got that right! We always go there for the food and etc......

Hope to go to Biencourt and then to Cabano and back to the quality Inn in Edmunston?

If anyone has any information, we sure would appreciate it!

Thanks

Gents

Had a great weekend.

Left Edmunston and headed to Club du Nord and then on to Moosevalley. Had a great lunch and trails are all good!

Then off to Biencourt. Tried to leave to Sqawtech but trail is closed. Had to detour to St. Rita and the to St Hubert and on to Trail 85 to Edmunston.

The trans Quesbec trail # 85 was excellent! We met the groomer and is was great....just like riding on cream?!

What a super trail!

Don't tell anyone..........

Gents

Had a great weekend.

Left Edmunston and headed to Club du Nord and then on to Moosevalley. Had a great lunch and trails are all good!

Then off to Biencourt. Tried to leave to Sqawtech but trail is closed. Had to detour to St. Rita and the to St Hubert and on to Trail 85 to Edmunston.

The trans Quesbec trail # 85 was excellent! We met the groomer and is was great....just like riding on cream?!

What a super trail!

Hi Whaler

I'll be heading to Edmonston after the gathering in Causapscal and would like to know the milage from the intersection at Biencourt to Edmonston. Thanks JG

Gents

Had a great weekend.

What a super trail!

Hi Whaler ,

How was trail 569 heading to Blencourt. Thanks for any info. drinks.gif

CrazySnow !!!!!

Hi Whaler

I'll be heading to Edmonston after the gathering in Causapscal and would like to know the milage from the intersection at Biencourt to Edmonston. Thanks JG

I would say less than 50 miles? You won't need gas in between for sure!

Hope this helps?

Hi Whaler ,

How was trail 569 heading to Blencourt. Thanks for any info. drinks.gif

CrazySnow !!!!!

It was groomed all the way. The only issue we had was trying to get to Degiles (spelling). Trail was closed and so was the next trail to the north. This is why we needed to go to St. Rita. These trails were less than good. They needed snow. Once you get on Trail#5 or 85 things were great.

Hi Whaler

I would say that if you took our same trip from Biencourt to St. Rita and to St. Hebert and then to Edmunston it would be about 100 miles.

We did it on a gas fill up in Biencourt all the way to the Irving at the NB-Quebec boarder. There are some gas stations along the way as well.

These trails from Biencourt need some signs put up! Be careful and ask for directions.

Good luck!

I would say that if you took our same trip from Biencourt to St. Rita and to St. Hebert and then to Edmunston it would be about 100 miles.

We did it on a gas fill up in Biencourt all the way to the Irving at the NB-Quebec boarder. There are some gas stations along the way as well.

These trails from Biencourt need some signs put up! Be careful and ask for directions.

Good luck!

Thanks for that info Whaler but i don't think i'll be heading that way i was looking at returning to NB through the Biencourt trail. I have not done that one yet. Could you tell me how were/are the trails south of Biencourt to Moosevalley and on to Edmonston? Thanks JG

Thanks for that info Whaler but i don't think i'll be heading that way i was looking at returning to NB through the Biencourt trail. I have not done that one yet. Could you tell me how were/are the trails south of Biencourt to Moosevalley and on to Edmonston? Thanks JG

the trail from quebec is very nice ride to moose valley its old logging rd wide and fast till the last few miles near club de nord in e town then if u go north to rdl its a rr bed 80 miles to rdl club house

Edited by coldsmoke1

the trail from quebec is very nice ride to moose valley its old logging rd wide and fast till the last few miles near club de nord in e town then if u go north to rdl its a rr bed 80 miles to rdl club house

Thanks Coldsmoke1, i am familiar with the railbed leading into NB from RDL. A few years back my dad a i were heading to NB to visit family, i took my sled to do a bit of riding, he dropped me off in RDL at the Universal and from there we both left for Edmonston, me by sled and him by truck. I got there 15 minutes before he did, you should have seen the look on his face.