Trail #93 Mont-Valin, Valinouët Alpine Village

Daniel

This just came out today in a local newspaper from Falardeau, Lac St-Jean.

Trail #93 is no longer going through the Valinouët Alpine Village. The trail has been relocated approximately 1 km from the the village. The Department of Transport has required this change for security reason.

Trail #93 is no longer going through the Valinouët Alpine Village. The trail has been relocated approximately 1 km from the the village. The Department of Transport has required this change for security reason.

Too bad. I kind of liked going through there. I wonder if they will still have access to the gas in town?

No more lunch at the Ski hill????

It's more than that!! I translated the article in the newspaper falardeau!

On Wednesday, 07 November 2007

Snowmobiling harm's PARK DEVELOPMENT OF MONTS-VALIN

Cohabitation is impossible.

From Roger Blackburn.

The Daily SAINT-FULGENCE

The presence of snowmobiles prevents the Parc National des Monts Valins to develop and exploit its potential for ecotourism winter.

Ecotourism and snowmobiling can not coexist harmoniously in the same territory. The leaders of this protected area see the problem grow over the past few years and come to the fact that the snowmobile trail that crosses the park should be diverted outside the confines of the Green Zone.

For three years, the park is experiencing a boom in attendance impressive. Thus, it grew by 30% last winter, compared to the winter of 2006 which resulted in a record ridership. "We want to buy tractors transit, build new cabins, organizing activities observation for skiers, snowshoers, hiking or cross-country skiing. That's a lot of people in the territory and there is a single trail to travel in the park, a trail that is used by snowmobilers, "says Francis Guillot, director of the Parc National des Monts.

Over the past year there have been two collisions between the shuttle tracks and snowmobiles. "We get groups of young people from the educational world. When they arrived at the summit of the peak Hut (the highest peak in the region), after a long hike snowshoes and snowmobiles cross in the trails that lead at the top, it does not work. It can not coexist "repeat Francis Guillot.

One of the main attractions of the park in winter is the peak of the Hut. However, the conflict of use of this territory prevents international ecotourists visit this beautiful scenery.

Visitors who attend the conservation parks do not want to meet snowmobile. They are looking for quiet activities, without noise and without pollution. "People who buy these types of packages want peace. They are willing to pay for experiences in nature soothing," argues the director of the park.

The presence of snowmobiling is already causing logistical problems in the park, which are likely to worsen in the winter of 2008. Moreover, adds Francis Guillot, the economic impact of snowmobiling in the park des Monts is almost nil. "The snowmobilers who use the path through the park without paying fees. They go to the peak of the hut and they stay there for 15 minutes. They look at the overall picture and continue their journey without leaving a dime in the Park" , "said Francis Guillot. He also said he was ready to negotiate a bypass road to the park with snowmobile clubs in the sector to develop new heights, and even participate in the maintenance and modifications of the trail.

The massive mountains Valin is a territory of over 6900 square kilometers, which has about 1200 km of snowmobile trails. Meanwhile, the Parc National des Monts is a territory 154 square kilometers crossed by a single road, monopolized by snowmobilers.

"People think we want to go out snowmobiling Mountains Valin. Is totally false. The park is a small territory compared to the overall Mountains Valin which has two ZEC and endless opportunities for hiking off-trail" , supports Raymond Desjardins, vice president Sépaq park, the Crown corporation that manages national parks in Quebec.

"We are not against the development of the snowmobile. Rather we believe that it is a very profitable product for the regional economy. Snowmobile The product will continue to grow without crossing the national park. Order to develop tourism at its winter maximum we should not put all your eggs in one basket. Snowmobilers can use the 6750 square kilometers of "whipped cream" that line the mountain but we must leave the park operate a different clientele who pay packages for three days make snowshoeing and hiking in the park, "argues Raymond Desjardins, which confirms that the presence of snowmobiles constraining investment of several million dollars on the protected territory.

"The snowmobilers did not climb to the summit of Valinouët or at the top of Mount Edward or at the top of Mount Tremblant, and neither at the top of Mount Washington. Yet all these sectors come to actively develop the snowmobile industry," compares Francois Guillot, director of the Parc National des Monts.

"We are not opponents of the snowmobile, far from it. Recognition is the impact of this industry but we must leave the park develop its niche ecotourism to diversify supply winter on the mountains Valin," supports the leader of the Sépaq. The Crown corporation said that he was even ready to participate in the promotion of Valin Mountains in advertising campaigns and to say that the snowmobile can be practiced on more than 1200 kilometers of trails around the protected area.

Mountains Valin do not belong exclusively to snowmobilers. The ecotourists may also be part of the development of winter tourism, claim managers Sépaq.

Source: Tourism Association of Lake St. John

Snowmobilers are paying taxes and should also be entitled to access to parks have otherwise speaks of unjustified discrimination ...place there is for everyone ... live and let live.

In approximately 7 million popullation for an area larger than several countries, I believe that everyone should find his account.

But such article does not help, because it causes intolerance and contempt on both sides ... :diablo::fool:

It's that this idiot who said that: "the economic impact of snowmobiling in the park des Monts is almost nil." It takes a thick without economic education to make such statements! Hey, The noodle, I go to Quebec to go to your park, do you think I parachuted! Hotel, gas, food, restaurants, it's your region, which benefits from that.

Do you think really, I am doing 600 km in my car to make snowshoeing or cross-country skiing! I can do in my court, juste behind my house. Now, I believe that economic stakeholders in the region will awaken this huluberlu because I'm tired to read such rubbish. It is time that snowmobiles Saguenay unite and challenge this intelligently lit!

The ADMDQ must respond to this article! This press because it is running out of time! =@ =@

The coaches do put huge ruts into trail. I never knew the whole story...No matter where you go you always have the greenies trying to make things their way.

That being said I snowmobile I also hike. I have been to the top of many high peaks. We need to learn to share the systems. I bet snowmobilers out spend the hikers 10 - 1...

I also enjoy going to the ski Mt., for lunch.

To say that the economic impact of snowmobilers is nil is a complete diregard for the facts. We all pay registrations, buy gas, food, lodging. I would imagine far more snowmobiles visit the area then snowshoers and agree snowmobiles must certainly outspend the "eco-tourists" who probably arrive from all over the globe via JET AIRPLANE or some other fossil fueled conveyance. Maybe they hiked to Quebec.

I do think it would be sensible to have a dedicated trail for the 2 different uses, notwithstanding any cost analysis of course. Well I'm glad I got to see it once. Put a few logs in that stove on our visit while we enjoyed some vin de rouge. The "Whipped Cream" was incredible.

Those ruts were pretty tough on that road.

Last Feb/March I posted on HCS/ Quebec that this was going to happen. A gal at the Parc told Daniel and he told me and that is when I posted it. About a month ago I asked Daniel if he had heard anymore about it. One reason for doing it is because some pf "all about me snowmobilers" were riding off the trail near the top. At the second small lake, the trail goes off at about 2 o'clock to the top. Well the "all about me crowd" decided to ride off at 10 o'clock to explore. I usually go up there about 5 times per year and I can tell you that everytime I went up you could see tracks going off at 10 o'clock. This isn't the whole reason but it just adds fuel to the fire. Seems like every other time I went up one of the Parc officers would come up to check us out and see if we were where we were suppose to be.There are a lot of signs on the trail with "Stay on the Trail". That's what that means. By the way, about 2 miles down 267, from the jct of 93, just before entering the Parc, there is a trail that brings you over to 264. That trail was cut several years ago, used one season and then never groomed again til last year. I think the club reopened the trail because they knew this was comiing.

It's that this idiot who said that: "the economic impact of snowmobiling in the park des Monts is almost nil." It takes a thick without economic education to make such statements! Hey, The noodle, I go to Quebec to go to your park, do you think I parachuted! Hotel, gas, food, restaurants, it's your region, which benefits from that.

Do you think really, I am doing 600 km in my car to make snowshoeing or cross-country skiing! I can do in my court, juste behind my house. Now, I believe that economic stakeholders in the region will awaken this huluberlu because I'm tired to read such rubbish. It is time that snowmobiles Saguenay unite and challenge this intelligently lit!

The ADMDQ must respond to this article! This press because it is running out of time! =@ =@

I would like to hear the owners of the Chapelle chime in on this statement... That place is always packed full, I can't imagine they would survive without sledders.

If this happens I don't think it prevents access to the Chappell does it? I thought it would just re route us around the village so we stay out of site from the greenies.

Maybe it's actually better to stay away BEFORE it becomes a battle with some group who has way more time and money than us. If they don't see us they won't bother us.

I am reading this as two seperate issues, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Issue #1 is the bypassing of 93 from the Ski area, which to me a good thing. I'm pretty sure there will be a trail off 93 to the ski lodge and to Passion Quebec, but it won't be the main trail, 93. I say it's a good thing because of the traffic and the new places that have been built close to the road. Years back you crossed the road once. Now you cross the road 4 times, if you go in for gas. Let's face it, it is a ski area. The skiers don't have a warm fuzzy feeling for snowmobilers. I've seen this whenever I go into the ski lodge. I have been in the ski lodge with friends who speak French and they have told me that the skiers don't like us coming in with our "stinky clothes" and sitting near them.

Issue #2 is trail 265 that goes between 93 and 328. Trail 265 also has trail 260 off it and that trail leads to the radio tower and the look out. 265 also goes past Petit Sejour, which is the Parc office. If you look at your map of the area they are removing snowmobiles from the green shaded area of Parc National des Mont-Valin. The Parc caters to the cross country skiers and snowshoers.

I'll check with my contact at the Caribou-Conscrits club, wh is member of QR and see if he can shed some more light.

From what I have been reading from the ADMDQ website.Trail 93 in the Valinouet area has to be rerouted upon Transport Québec request due to security reasons.There are talks of a service trail off TQ93.That's all I know right now!!

I am reading this as two seperate issues, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Issue #1 is the bypassing of 93 from the Ski area, which to me a good thing. I'm pretty sure there will be a trail off 93 to the ski lodge and to Passion Quebec, but it won't be the main trail, 93. I say it's a good thing because of the traffic and the new places that have been built close to the road. Years back you crossed the road once. Now you cross the road 4 times, if you go in for gas. Let's face it, it is a ski area. The skiers don't have a warm fuzzy feeling for snowmobilers. I've seen this whenever I go into the ski lodge. I have been in the ski lodge with friends who speak French and they have told me that the skiers don't like us coming in with our "stinky clothes" and sitting near them.

Issue #2 is trail 265 that goes between 93 and 328. Trail 265 also has trail 260 off it and that trail leads to the radio tower and the look out. 265 also goes past Petit Sejour, which is the Parc office. If you look at your map of the area they are removing snowmobiles from the green shaded area of Parc National des Mont-Valin. The Parc caters to the cross country skiers and snowshoers.

I'll check with my contact at the Caribou-Conscrits club, wh is member of QR and see if he can shed some more light.

The National park is run by Ottawa, and the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and when they say you move that trail. Then you move that trail. I am shure they A.D.M.D.Q will not take on the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. However better sell lots of trail passes to move that trail,They will need the money to get the job done. Lots of room up there in the outback. I would move the trail before the FEDS decide to move it. Same shit in the Federal Mauricie Park. Snowshoeing,CrosscountrySkiing, Hikeing Good healthy food. Like all you can eat Sandwiches, Top it of with a good old Apple and botteled WATER. (NO BEER OR WINE) To Expensive. (VERY GOOD FOR THE ECONOMY).

I was talking to to an official from the FCMQ yesterday and as far as the lookout at La Hutte (sp), Bill is correct we will be loosing that trail. However the provincial government will help the federation by developing a new snowmobile trail, with lookouts in the same area.

I forget what he said about the area around the ski hill if we would be routed out of there without gas privilages

If this happens I don't think it prevents access to the Chappell does it? I thought it would just re route us around the village so we stay out of site from the greenies.

Maybe it's actually better to stay away BEFORE it becomes a battle with some group who has way more time and money than us. If they don't see us they won't bother us.

No it doesn't prevent access. My statement was only referring to the economic impact snowmobilers have in the park.