Hey Groomer

Blackcat

Just got my new map of the Gaspe, was wondering what sections of trail you will be grooming this winter?

BC

hi black cat !!

all my grooming runs begin in causapscal ,about 10 miles east of our clubhouse in albertville.so ,when i groom tq 5 ,i turn around about mid way between my town and cross point(quebec /new brunswick border).i groom tq 5 for about 28 miles ( one way ).

pic 1 and 3 ,my town.

p 2 ,clubhouse in albertville.very seldom i go there for grooming.unless they are in big troubles.

p 4 and 5 ,where i turn around at the st fidele cable bridge.pic 4 ,the bridge is roughly 150' behind the machine.

if you need more info ,let me know !!

groomer !!!

Will do, looks like a pretty remote area heading south from Albertville, how is 587? It would be nice to do a loop down to Matapedia. :D

i never groomed or been on 587 !!maybe some members could help you with that .

...but i ve heard the scenery is nice !!

last time i ve been in that area ,back in 92 ,i spent 2 weeks at the 23 miles on the patapedia river.long time ago !!

groomer !!!

Will do, looks like a pretty remote area heading south from Albertville, how is 587? It would be nice to do a loop down to Matapedia. :D

The 587 was rerouted about 3 years back. The trail is now very scenic, travel along the river valleys. I would recommend it for sure.

I am going to try the Gaspe again this year. never been there but the last two years planed on it but the snow was no good when the trip was planed. Will be trying to do it from VT this year if the snow is good. Plan to head straigh north to Canada then east to Gaspe. Anyone ever do that?. if the snow is no good I guess I will drive to the HI and base there. Will be doing eiither or starting end of Jan.

I am going to try the Gaspe again this year. never been there but the last two years planed on it but the snow was no good when the trip was planed. Will be trying to do it from VT this year if the snow is good. Plan to head straigh north to Canada then east to Gaspe. Anyone ever do that?. if the snow is no good I guess I will drive to the HI and base there. Will be doing eiither or starting end of Jan.

I've done it from Sherbrooke, long ways but epic adventure. HI is North of the Seaway, noy a good place to do the Gaspe from unless you go down and cross the ferry and take a left.

A good spot to start from when doing the Gaspe is Riviere Du loup. Leave your trucks at the Universal, they have a locked corral for them. It's about 1100 miles round trip from there. :drinks:

I've done it from Sherbrooke, long ways but epic adventure. HI is North of the Seaway, noy a good place to do the Gaspe from unless you go down and cross the ferry and take a left.

Thats what I was going to do last year but no good snow on the Gaspe. Kinda wanted to do the ferry just to do it I guess.

A good spot to start from when doing the Gaspe is Riviere Du loup. Leave your trucks at the Universal, they have a locked corral for them. It's about 1100 miles round trip from there. :drinks:

I may have to look into that if the snow in VT is no good to get us up there. We are guessing about 2,000 mi round trip from VT so it will be an adventure!! LOL

If I start at the Riviere Du Loup is there good riding in that area once I get back from the Gaspe??