i phone app

snowfarmer

It works fine and is really cool.

Also shows GPS groomer location.

If you will be riding in an area without cell service, do this. Before your ride, when you do have service, locate the map of where you will be riding, push the home and lock buttons at the same time, which takes a photo of the screen, save it and you can pull up the photo when you are on the trail without cell signal.

It works fine and is really cool.

Also shows GPS groomer location.

If you will be riding in an area without cell service, do this. Before your ride, when you do have service, locate the map of where you will be riding, push the home and lock buttons at the same time, which takes a photo of the screen, save it and you can pull up the photo when you are on the trail without cell signal.

Great tip, Greg. Thanks for sharing.:good:

timbo

• 2 weeks later...

The app is excellent for looking at your route possibilities and distances over breakfast while still in the range of your hotel's wifi. Granted most posters here can ride with minimal reference to maps and GPS. The groomer feature is a neat novelty but what does it really tell you. Are ALL tracked? Do they have beacons broadcast somehow?

I've used Greg's tip exactly for gas and lodging (not relative to motoneige) with the regular iPhone Maps app.

I downloaded this app before our trip around Quebec in early Feb. Best $2.99 I've spent.

Where the trail marking was not the best, it saved us from going too far down the wrong trail.

Bell is the cellular network to go with when in Quebec. I had service for "most" of the trip, while my buddies on Rogers did not.