La Dore to Chibougamu

mached

We came from the opposite direction but we fueled at Chibigamau, Barriere Nord and 54(?) Maybe the 54 is this sawmill your referring to? In fact I didn't see any 54 signs but that's what it was referred as. It looked like a logging camp of some kind.

We came from the opposite direction but we fueled at Chibigamau, Barriere Nord and 54(?) Maybe the 54 is this sawmill your referring to? In fact I didn't see any 54 signs but that's what it was referred as. It looked like a logging camp of some kind.

54 is the sawmill, I think it might refer to a distance from somewhere like a milemarker

They are there every day but I think they close pretty early, although I am pretty sure there are people that stay there so in an emergency maybe you could find someone. That used to be a pretty bustling place a few years ago before the economy tanked and the demand for lumber dropped.

Would you remember the milage between LSQ and Chapais?

I know it was exactly 90 miles from lumber yard to gas in chapais, it was either 45 or 54 miles from last gas right on trail in ladore to lumber yard, the relais with gas is 60 ish miles from lumber yard on way to chapais

Last year on our way back from Chibougamou we stopped at a relay about 40 miles outside of town on 83, had plenty of gas to get to La Dore. Are they still open? Sure beats stopping at the lumber yard.

Do you mean 83 or 93? I think you may be referring to Barrier Nord. I have not been through there this year but I think I saw on an earlier post that they are open.

• 2 weeks later...