Cains Quest 2012

Andyman

Real time tracking here (ADT Time zone). Team 39 is the one your looking for Linda.

http://www.trackleaders.com/cains

Thanks!! I was asked 2 years ago to join a woman in this race! It's crazy!

Wow!! I am very happy for her! In my heart...I would love to be able to do this kind of thing. I would love to try anyway! Good for them!! Lots of hard work and determination for sure!

Linda

bobler made it to the finsh line 13th great job guys :good: :good: :good:

Anyone know what happened to the other Team Maine #22? they were leapfrogging 1st and 2nd place through all the checkpoints and scratched on the last two.

Anyone know what happened to the other Team Maine #22? they were leapfrogging 1st and 2nd place through all the checkpoints and scratched on the last two.

This is a copy of what Robert Gardner Team Maine #22 posted on Facebook and their site explaining what happened to them. I can tell you from being there the conditions were extremely difficult with the melt down

Andy

"Recap of what happened to us from Kuujjuaq to Lab. We went on clock went to town garage and made the repairs to Andrew sled, left town at 7:10pm Lab time. 1 hour 20 mins behind the leaders. Rode hard to Jake Humes was there 29 min behind #25 and 20 min behind #31. We caught team #26 Romonet but did not pass them as we stopped for our good fuel. Team 29 went by while we were fueling, once on the go we passed team #29 and caught team #26 on Tassey Lake. Andrew pulled out and passed them I should have waited but didn’t. As we all know the lakes were super slippery there. Hit a drift and just lost control of the sled right as I passed Kevin. They stopped #29 stopped for a min. We took our time to patch the sled up as we felt that we could still catch up and maybe get 4th place. After all that we could not start the sled. The impact broke the fuel line fitting off the fuel pump. So with a dead sled in tow we tried to get off Lake Low. As racer’s all know that wasn’t going to happen pulling it up with a race sled. We saw a camp site on Lake Low it was team 41 now out on support. I took a good shot to the ribs in the crash so I was in bad shape they let us sleep a bit then we tried again to get the sled up over with Andrews race sled. No go, so we had to have the #41 crew pull it up to the hill with two 20 wide’s. We could have easily finished the race with sled as when we got to Shefferville we got it repaired and running, but with the tow up the hill we were out of the race. It’s particularly hard to take as we rode the sled back to Lab anyway with no issues. But could not finish the race because of rules against towing would have taken a time penalty so we could finish. I would have to say this years race was a great time, had fun with it. Really wish we could have raced it out with #25, So that’s racing as they say

Friday at 12:59pm"

post-14-0-79176400-1332695840_thumb.jpg