EXPLOSION AT BRP! LOOKS LIKE AN ACCIDENT.

lindasledgirl

They were working on one of their 2 strokes for sleds. The "bomb" went off. Next generation E-Tec.

Seriously though i do hope the guys recover from their injuries.

They better be close to having my Turbo ready!!

I hope they are ok too!! I met a couple of them at the races but can't remember their names.

2 injured in Canada explosion at Bombardier plant

The Associated Press

VALCOURT, Quebec -- Two people suffered serious burns during an explosion early Friday at a Bombardier Recreational Products facility in Quebec.

The victims, a 38-year-old employee and a 54-year-old security guard, were taken to a hospital and remain in a medically induced coma. Hospital spokeswoman Genevieve Dupuis said one of the victims is considered to be in stable condition.

The complex was closed to employees on Friday but investigators from the province's workplace health and safety commission and the fire department were investigating.

Employees were notified of the explosion and an information telephone was established to offer support to employees and their families.

Vincent Morin, vice-president development of Can-Am products, said the incident was a shock for everyone.

"Today our thoughts and resources are to support the families," he said.

Without knowing the cause of the incident, Morin said it's difficult to say when the facility will reopen.

The Bombardier Recreational Products facility produces Ski-Doo snowmobiles, Sea-Doo jet skis and Can-Am all-terrain vehicles.

BRP was spun off by Bombardier Inc. in 2003 and is half owned by Bain Capital, with the founding Beaudoin family holding a 35-percent stake, and public pension plans manager Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec owning the rest.

It is located about 24 miles (40 kilometers) west of Sherbrooke, where another industrial accident Thursday at a health product maker killed two and sent 19 to the hospital.