How are trails around St Donat, Tremblant park, etc.....

MXZ700RIDER

They got around 4" to 5" ot fresh fluffy stuff on friday.

I had plan to have a lunch at St-Agathe and try the new trail between st-Faustin and the Black Mountain in the afternoon saturday but after 50 miles done to the ride my venture develop a dragster sound... a major exhaust leak that forced us to come back home. My ride partner continued the ride and reported us extremely good trail conditions, in the best of the winter.

So, go ahead and ride!! it's now or never...

Alain

I rode in St.Donat on Wednesday, rode over to Cabanon, SMdS, Tour du Lac Taureau then back to St.Donat all trails were in great shape and snow on the lakes.

Get up here and ride

JG

10-4 Thanks for the trail update.

I had plan to have a lunch at St-Agathe and try the new trail between st-Faustin and the Black Mountain in the afternoon saturday but after 50 miles done to the ride my venture develop a dragster sound... a major exhaust leak that forced us to come back home. My ride partner continued the ride and reported us extremely good trail conditions, in the best of the winter.

Alain

Thanks.....will try to make it up again to ride before Spring!

Alain

Donuts bad Alain or something else?

Donuts bad Alain or something else?

Something else: the 3 in 1 exhaust tube cracked and snaped-off on the single tube end just near the connection with the rear exhaust tube... 26 500kms

The factory donuts have been changed at 21 000 kms and are still in great shape. The secret for donut longevity is to tighten the colars(modify) at the beginning and keep them tight...

And for dooright donuts longevity...I have no idea... they never last very long at home... :tease:

:drinks:

Alain

3 in1 cracked on me and split in two by the time i got home too last year, I had the option to replace it with the original titanium pipe or a stainless steel pipe, SS pipe a little heavier but will last longer, I chose the titanium original, as the dealer saw I was going to order the ss pipe because it was a lot cheaper he made me really good deal on the titanium one in stock. Plus I wanted my sled up and running quickly. Played my poker face.

Good luck Alain

A small note if you are doing the work yourself you will have to lower the rear suspension by removing only the rear arm bolts on the tunnel, don't have to remove the whole rear suspension.

JG

Thanks JG for the info but I think yours on the four holer is a bit different from mine, but I don't know if mine is in titanium or SS??? I would bet for stainless steel like the first generation of four cylinders but i'm not sure.. as for acces with the boivin skid, I remove the exhaust without even remove I single bolt of the skid, enought space above it, but I had to remove all on the top of the tunnel....

here's the dead body...

DSC06376_zps64cfc0df.jpg

Alain

Thanks JG for the info but I think yours on the four holer is a bit different from mine, but I don't know if mine is in titanium or SS??? I would bet for stainless steel like the first generation of four cylinders but i'm not sure.. as for acces with the boivin skid, I remove the exhaust without even remove I single bolt of the skid, enought space above it, but I had to remove all on the top of the tunnel....

here's the dead body...

DSC06376_zps64cfc0df.jpg

Alain

That looks like an easy fix Alain, you can have it tig welded back together.

Good luck

JG