Trail report for March 9 & 10 [Hopefully]. Take what you can get...

Change of plans, so today we left Shawinigan heading up the river, everything was fine, river still frozen solid, no slush or water. Minor over heating problems early due to frozen trails. The river was a little rougher than two weeks, but still good.

Continued to 360 then back south. Once again 360 was perfectly groomed, for maybe the 6th time I've been on it this year. 23 to 3 was good except for police and a million atvs. Did a 3, 351, C3 loop back to town, that was perfect.

It was very warm today with major melting. Corners are starting to show dirt, but not bad. Anything near a road is horrible and logging roads are very bad.

Logging roads, road crossings and parking lots are usually the downfall when spring sledding, that's when your machine suffers the worst damage of the season. IMO

Sorry to hear about your fuel pump Scorp, glad to see you got a ride in before heading home. Sucks the big drive up to go sledding then sled gives out a few hours into the first day.

JG

Not a bad day today, but it's very difficult to connect the dots and come up with anything more than day trips. Forget St Raymond to Quebec, the river on 3/73 near the old ice hotel is closed. I went across, but it was open water on both sides near land. That whole area south was junk. 23 from shawinigan was fine and st Raymond is good. Heading back west, thing got better near batiscan and those rivers are still fine. Another warm day tomorrow, but no rain, still not worth riding, so I'm heading home.

Can't seem to post pics, I'll try again later...

rode 670 miles out of shawinigan fri, sat, sun- 90% almost perfect . only mud at logging road. groomed and lots of snow 360 to M20 lac repos,345 to kanawata excellent. la tugue thin in town, up to windigo great. still a lot of snow, as long as you can keep gettin to it

Posted Today, 08:37 PM

rode 670 miles out of shawinigan fri, sat, sun- 90% almost perfect . only mud at logging road. groomed and lots of snow 360 to M20 lac repos,345 to kanawata excellent. la tugue thin in town, up to windigo great. still a lot of snow, as long as you can keep gettin to it

Like This

If your toys can't kill you, they are not worth having!

MultiQuote

That's where we were heading and the place to be. How was the ~5 miles of plowed road south of the train bridge and past relais spencer, on 355? I didn't dare touch it...

Hey Gary & John,

Sorry that your trip didn't work out. That's too bad. The first 10 days of March are my favorite time to a do a season ender. This year with all the warm ups made things precarious at best.

Safe trip home on the black trail.

Best,

Tom

I guess your season ender will have to be your "West is Best" ride eh Tom, sucks having to end that early, bet you wish you were with Crazy, i know i do! but lost my shock on the 93 whoops in Abitabi..........will have to tone it down a little more next time.lol

JG