Gaspe trip

FlyBri

Looking for info???? Going on ten day trip to Gaspe last week of january into first week February. We are leaving from Fort Kent Maine area

up through NB into Quebec.

My concern is are we going to need a trail pass in Maine for the two or three miles and then are we going to need a trail pass for NB for the 10 or so miles through their trails before getting to Quebec??

Has anyone any experience with this route?

Thanks

If you want to go thru NB you will need a pass .... and I'm pretty sure you will need one for MAINE as well ...

Here's an Idea I think the first weekend in Febuary you can ride the trails for free in Maine,Quebec and NB , I forget what they call it some kind of winter Festival .

I used to do this route through New Brunswick. I already had a Maine registration and a Quebec pass. What usually happened in New Brunswick is they had someone waiting near the Maine border and Quebec border to collect your money, and like you said, its only a few miles across. I found going very early in the morning solved this problem.

mike

I crossed over the bridge in Ft K last winter thru NB into Pq. Its more like 25 -30 miles west to Pohenegamook. Like you, I always thought it was 10-12 miles straight nord into PQ. Not so. Coldsmoke showed us the local trail to the main trail in - out of St Clair., then went back to Ft K. It had just snowed 2' plus and we had to break the whole trail, all the way west to PQ boarder, no signs @ a few intersections. It got confusing without being groomed because there was sled track going all over, probably a NB local moose horn hunter, who kept backtracking. The main trail runs from Edmundston to Pohenegamook, maintained by the Edmundston club in that part of NB. No active club in St Clair last few yrs. From what I understand, Its been a kinda of no mans land, they have let folks pass thru. I had asked Ft K locals for several yrs about this area. not many locals cross. The Dickey Maine to Pohenegamook trail has been closed due to logging the last 2 yrs. That strip of NB is bigger than it looks on a map. Not much out there, big - big logging roads. Groomed, it would be a fast ride. It took us 3- 4 hrs, We didnt head east towards Edmundston, I will this winter to check it out. You would hit a clubhouse eventually where they would want you to buy a pass. Coldsmoke, on this site, knows this area very well, has a camp in FT K..... Pq, You can get a pass @ the big Pohenegamook clubhouse

Edited by momojohnny

• 1 month later...