2013-14 season's opener photo ride report, St-Zenon 30Nov2013!!!

towing

Nice first run, looks like a good time for sure!

Very good time!!! even better you would imagine :yahoo:

Great Report as always Alain, looking pretty good so far. Like you say the weeks upcoming will be interesting to see. This week shows 2 days with Rain or Snow. Let's hope its snow.

Brown snow is normal near Le Cabanon. No doubt.

hoping the best for the next day... At this point, some rain can be beneficial for the already groomed trails to seal down the rock under this base but snow is even nicer for sure... got an other inch of light snow todey up there :good:

Thx for sharing....great pics and report. Now my appetite is definitely wet!!!

sledding is a drug!!! even after that, we're not even satiated.... we just looking foward for the next!!

Excellent report with terrific pictures. Thank you very much. Reports like this provide a terrific incentive to be POSITIVE about the possibility of a wonderful season. I am praying for a wonderful season across the entire region!

Jim

Thank you Jim, hoping your wishes will come true :good:

Great report Towing, Can,t wait for the White Gold all over Quebec :nea:

Coming soon!!!

:drinks: Towing Great as always …. Heading to the Valin next week …I will try and post as much as possible … Thanks for sharing ..

I wish you the best for your ride next week, enjoy and take care!!!

Towing

Great report

What is the orange thing mounted to ur handlebars?

GPS?

You got the answer and yes it is a first generation SPOT, a satellite beacon that can track you or send miscellaneous messages through Globalstar satellite network

Nice first trail report , Great photos I've been looking forward to all summer !

thanks! Hoping you will see alot of my reports (meaning i will ride alot !!!)

Scranton, the orange thing is a Spot connect.

Alain and Kriki!

Great pictures and wonderful report!! And November for a ride!! Like the old days!

See you later!

Linda

You bet Linda, like the old days!!! looking forward to see you again on the trails

Thanks for this report as well as all the others I have read and likely will read over the season. I know its time consuming and you continue to do so with lengthy reports that benefit us all and it is appreciated more than often is said.

With luck I will be out in the next 2 weeks as well. Ride safe.

Mike

I'm glad you enjoyed and your good words are reward for us... well appreciated!

Good luck for the next weeks!!

Thanks for posting the pictures, description and excitement of the new season.

Look forward to all your reports this winter.

mike

My pleasure Mike, hoping it was the first of a long series this winter...

Been waiting to read your first report since you mentioned the trails were opened a couple days ago.

Well Done! Great start

I create expectation!! :p Haha

Thanks gizz !

Nice! I was really looking forward to this report. Thank you for all the time you spend to give us these great reports & pics.

yes great job ,,like usual .lots of time spent with taking pics. and setup after..

Thank you guys !!! it's well spent time for me :good:

Alain

Another in a long list of great reports for conditions and your experiences in Lenaudiere. Your reports are always factual and well illustrated by your many photos. Very much appreciated.

Have you seen the new SPOT device that let's you do short emails from the trail??? Kinda neat device that permits you to stay in touch any time you are out of cell tower range. I just replaced my "old" SPOT with one and am looking forward to testing it out this winter.

A Bientot,

Timbo

Thanks Timbo!!

Keep me inform how you appreciate your new spot... I'm interested to maybe upgrade but still puzzle between which device would serve me the best??? I closely look at the inreach that offer bidirectional satellite messaging, but their tracking plan fees are very expensive here in Canada... Or maybe a satellite phone... still puzzled with my old reliable spot1!!!

It's amazing how the batteries are tought on it, more than one year now tracking full days all last winter and few bikes rides this summer and still alive!! but I will replace them, I think I pushed my luck a bit !!!

Take care :drinks:

Great reporting thank you for sharing Rr

Thanks Rr!!

Alain

Will do. First time I'll get up to ride will be at Christmas (unless I get waaayyy lucky and get a ride in here in PA before). ya, those batteries do hold up well, (especially in the warmer weather on a bike), but I changed em before the first ride every winter, and I carry two sets of spares. I'll be curious how battery life will be with the new "3".

Timbo

Thanks guys!!! :good:

to update conditions here, the warm up and rain from yesterday had put the season on pause, all should freeze back tonight but we will need some new snow to go on... we have some on forecast for next week... let's keep our fingers crossed...

Alain

Too funny Towing!... "BRRRRAAAAAP BRRRRAAAAAP BRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP..BANG!!!"

I remember looking over the knee and seeing the old box-frame trailing arm bent at 90-degrees.

Gotta love the new tech. And there's no substitute for the experience of knowing where to be more reserved.

Thanks bunches for always getting us all on the edge of our seats!