What's the deal with the orange trails between Murdochville & 595, and 595 to Carleton?

PLAYHARD

I'm playing around with a loop, trying not to backtrack too much, with no need to run the south shore from Chandler to New Richmond. Please/thanks,

post-181-0-36881700-1391917907_thumb.jpg

And is the south leg of 597 closed as I think I'd seen on a club site?

Edited by PLAYHARD

I'm playing around with a loop, trying not to backtrack too much, with no need to run the south shore from Chandler to New Richmond. Please/thanks,

attachicon.gifGaspe Oranges.JPG

Thats kinda the loop we did last time we where there taking the tq5 down to pointe ala croix visiting groomer on the way, then the 595 to La Cache, I don't think the orange trail you have highlighted was there 3 years ago,then to Murdochville. Then the 597 South to the Orange trail to Gaspe then tq5 along the North Shore. That route bypasses most of the South Shore. The South end of 597 I beleive is a reroute taking you farher South

hi !!

just checked to make sure on french forum.....few weeks ago,a guy asked the same question......one guy did murdochville---la cache ---- st paulin ....no problem..

but according to map...looks like there s not much action from la cache ...then orange trail toward carleton...

better call ....http://www.infomotoneigistegaspesie.com/fr/condition.php.....

jean-guy

attachicon.gifGaspe Oranges.JPG

What is wrong with the south shore? I have never been there, so just asking. We will be there in a week not sure what we are going to do on the south side.

Excellent. Thanks!

Yes Dale & Patsy are da bomb. Sure enough, that's where I saw the lower leg of 597 closed: http://infomotoneigistegaspesie.com/en/condition.php

600, there's nothing "wrong" with the south shore, it's just that that section from Chandler to New Richmond typically doesn't get the snow that the rest gets, and even in a good season it's just (kinda boring) cut down farm fields.

David,

That Orange trail shown on your map, from Carlton Northward is simply spectacular. Don't recall the trail number, but from Relais Lacache to Carlton, much like the park ride in Maurice except through a deep valley floor, summertime car roads, wintertime awesomeness!

David,
That Orange trail shown on your map, from Carlton Northward is simply spectacular. Don't recall the trail number, but from Relais Lacache to Carlton, much like the park ride in Maurice except through a deep valley floor, summertime car roads, wintertime awesomeness!

Damn Juan you do have a way with words!... "simply spectacular...wintertime awesomeness!"

(And with videos!)

Thx!