Moose attacks?

MXZ700RIDER

Hi yes I did it was with mc star and a friend John .the moose was on the trail already and we road up on him , we tryed to pass him but he was not budging from the trail .some how I got passed him but Mario and John could not do it ,so I tryed to push the moose passed them and they got off there sleds a walked 10 feet in the woods when I tryed to move the moose he almost passed there sleds until he stopped and looked a John sled and reared up on two back legs and smashed John windshield looked back at me and said ( that's just a taste of what I can do and just walked by ) I guess we where lucky

How fast can they move? Gallop? Probably faster than you would think. Several years ago I was told by some locals, that a trail groomer came up upon a large moose who was blocking the trail. The groomer stopped and tried to wait the moose out. At some point for some reason the moose began to come at the stopped groomer and was rutting it. Didn't do much damage obviously to a steel groomer...but the moose wasn't intimidated by the size of the groomer at all....imagine if it was a snowmobile it decided to take on. These stories are probably rare, but they are happening. My wife and I came across two large moose as we were just getting on a main trail from our B&B in Greenville Maine. They both stood like statues and didn't bother us at all, but they were huge and it is no exaggetartion to say that their legs were so long we probably could have ridden right under them....but did not! We stayed on trail and they stayed about 20 feet away from us. :hi:

Next time in that situation, a good hard slap on the Mooses ass will get it moving,

Just make sure you have your sneakers on.

hi jackstraw !!!

hahhaha....hmmmmm...i think you re up for a vacation at my camp next october!!!

its not exactly the way it work !!!

you might end up with the slap and a pair of new running shoes !!!

old 35 mm pics...

first one..moose was at 8-10'...when he started moving...one of his front leg was wounded..

p-3...look closely on the right...can see the rack of big bull...saw 13 there in less than 2 mins..

p-4.....going down hill at mile 30 on logging road...la cache is at the 75 ......mount logan , right in front ...and trail 595 front right to left in the last third of pic..

jean-guy :drinks: