800 miles 3.5 days

Scranton1

12/25- drove all night from Scranton, PA and arrived at Bernards at 6:30 am on Wednesday. Got on the trail by 8:00 am and arrived at the HI at 7:30 pm via Mekinac, LaTuque, Lac Edouard, St Andre, Jonquiere. Trails were groomed but a little hard, 6.5/10. Rode 281 miles. We had breakfast at Auberge Beau-Lieu in Mekinac. Jean was very good host (we stayed here last week too) and served a great breakfast. It is definitely a good place to stop when in this area.

12/27- Rode to Mt Valin and had lunch at Auberge 31 and then back to the HI. Trails were 9.5/10. Groomed flat with ~ 3" of fresh snow on top. I wanted to see how far I could go with my '05 500 SS with fuel before running out. I made it 168.5 miles and gassed up at the station by the HI. I still had 3 L of fuel left. The SDI's and 500SS's have great range.

12/28- Rode to St Raymond via 23 through the Laurentides park. This was the first time we rode these trails and they were great. 9.5/10. Groomed flat wtih 5" of fresh snow on top. The scenery in the park was absolutely gorgeous. We got gas at eltape and we were able to pay with a credit card. We stayed in St. Raymond. Rode ~ 200 miles.

12/29- Rode #3 back to Shawinigan. Trails were in very good shape and we made it back to the truck in 4 hours (a little over 100 miles).

All in all, it was one of the best saddle bagging trips we ever did. The sleds ran great, the food/beer was great and all the people we ran into along the way were very nice. All the trails are in great shape and are ready for everyone. Get out there and ride. I'll post a few pic's when I get a chance to download them from the camera. Back to reality....

Karl

12/25- drove all night from Scranton, PA and arrived at Bernards at 6:30 am on Wednesday. Got on the trail by 8:00 am and arrived at the HI at 7:30 pm via Mekinac, LaTuque, Lac Edouard, St Andre, Jonquiere. Trails were groomed but a little hard, 6.5/10. Rode 281 miles. We had breakfast at Auberge Beau-Lieu in Mekinac. Jean was very good host (we stayed here last week too) and served a great breakfast. It is definitely a good place to stop when in this area.

12/27- Rode to Mt Valin and had lunch at Auberge 31 and then back to the HI. Trails were 9.5/10. Groomed flat with ~ 3" of fresh snow on top. I wanted to see how far I could go with my '05 500 SS with fuel before running out. I made it 168.5 miles and gassed up at the station by the HI. I still had 3 L of fuel left. The SDI's and 500SS's have great range.

12/28- Rode to St Raymond via 23 through the Laurentides park. This was the first time we rode these trails and they were great. 9.5/10. Groomed flat wtih 5" of fresh snow on top. The scenery in the park was absolutely gorgeous. We got gas at eltape and we were able to pay with a credit card. We stayed in St. Raymond. Rode ~ 200 miles.

12/29- Rode #3 back to Shawinigan. Trails were in very good shape and we made it back to the truck in 4 hours (a little over 100 miles).

All in all, it was one of the best saddle bagging trips we ever did. The sleds ran great, the food/beer was great and all the people we ran into along the way were very nice. All the trails are in great shape and are ready for everyone. Get out there and ride. I'll post a few pic's when I get a chance to download them from the camera. Back to reality....

Karl

A tip of the hat to you. Nice ride and report. Thanks

Karl

How was the range on the Nytro n your group? Love those trails......my favorite place on earth.

It got pretty much the same mpg as my 500SS (~ 17 mpg depending upon the snow conditions). The last day it was warmer and the snow kind of sticky- it ran out of gas with 102 miles on the trip meter. We carried extra fuel so the range was not too much of a problem. The ergo's, engine and fit and finish are excellent on the Nytro. It pushed a little in the corners, but we adjusted the limiter strap on the front shock of the rear skid, so that should help give it a little more ski pressure. Overall, it is a much more comfortable sled to ride than the rev- once we dial in the handling it will be an excellent machine.

Cool, that's about the minimum range there though. Cant figure why they skimmped on the tank size.

Tour buddy makes a auxiliary tank that holds about 3.5 gals and fuel is vacuum drawn into main tank. Really cool set-up...About $200. I use one on my 05 600SDI have almost 200 mile range...works perfect.

Keep your eye on the weather, I think there is a huge warm up coming in around that time, I'm supposed to be going up on the 9th, may hold off! :drinks:

Thanks for the warning! I have been watching for the warm-up. I will wait till the last minute to cancel. If I cancel I cannot go up till the week of the 21st. I hate to do that I am really itching to ride.