West side of Lac St Jean Lodging

schooter

Looking for some recommendations on a place to stay for one night on the west side of Lac St. Jean. in mid January

Not looking for super fancy, but clean, access to trail with reasonable Food and Beverage

Thanks in advance

Schooter

Heard good things about a place in Saint Felicien...but can't recall the name of the place. I'm sure Bill will chime in with it's name.

We stayed at the Chateau Roberval last year. Easy access to the trail (373), sleds parked under tent, decent place.

post-1631-0-83516300-1417355723_thumb.jpg

post-1631-0-64436300-1417355735_thumb.jpg

If you're going around the lake, trail 93 goes way up (northwest) beyond the lake. On the map you'll see some "orange" trails that cut across......shortening the route around the lake.

We ended up taking 93 further northwest (towards Girardville) rather than taking a shorter route via one of the orange trails....and I'm so glad we did.....that riding was a blast with low traffic when we were there.

There is another place in St Felicien that I was at last year on my 5 days with the Tourisme people. It is Auberge Berges. They advertise on the map and he is President of the Snowmobile club in St Felicien. Very nice place. Very accessible of Trail 373. Not far from the Generating Plant. Also accessible from the Ashuapmushuan River trail.

Heard good things about a place in Saint Felicien...but can't recall the name of the place. I'm sure Bill will chime in with it's name.

We stayed at the Chateau Roberval last year. Easy access to the trail (373), sleds parked under tent, decent place.

attachicon.gif100_0389.JPG

attachicon.gif100_0387.JPG

If you're going around the lake, trail 93 goes way up (northwest) beyond the lake. On the map you'll see some "orange" trails that cut across......shortening the route around the lake.

We ended up taking 93 further northwest (towards Girardville) rather than taking a shorter route via one of the orange trails....and I'm so glad we did.....that riding was a blast with low traffic when we were there.

X2 on Chateau Roberval. I stayed there last year and will stay there again the next time I am in the area.

Auberge Berges is a great place to stay, the rooms are large and very nice. And as Bill stated her husband is the club president and a wealth of knowledge for the trails. They don't have a lot of rooms so I would not head there with out calling first.

Thank you for the recommendations,

This will be our last night on the trail from our saddlebag trip. Have all the other rooms reserved with the exception of the West end of Lac Jean - from Jonquiere , Chibougama, Amos, Norandl, Val'Dor, Parent, ???, back to Jonquiere.

Will plan to finalize with one of the recommendations.

Thank you for the help!

Schooter

Hey im4snow that looks like a dinosaur of a sled in that picture. Is that an old Renegade? I bet that thing could barely keep up with you...

The sled was fine.....the rider, well that's another story!!!

Edited by im4snow

Can't blame the rider. He was just following the sled with the ugly sticker on the side and the 2 man purses hanging off the back. Now that could be a long story...

No more ugly sticker on the side (think I have a new location) and I got rid of the man purses. If you struggled last year to keep up, you're really in trouble this year!!!