St Zenon - St Michel des Saints Area Questions

Fuse6

4 of us from Ontario will be staying arriving at St Michel des Saints on Wed for 4 days.

Will be doing day rides from the Aubege Pied La Chute.

1. Is the #63 trail that goes across the N end of Mont Tremblant park a good ride. On the interactive map appears you have to go fair ways W to find gas?

2.Hotel Sacocomie looks like an impressive place. Is it worth making it a destination for a lunch stop. Is there groomed trail that goes right into the hotel.

3. Saturday is the free weekend. I assume the farther N we can ride the chance for less traffic?

4. Any suggestions for day loops in the area? Reading on here and seeing pictures by Towing, Iceman and others looks like conditions can vary from excellent to poor. Hope they get a decent amount of snow on wed.

Thanks, Steve

4 of us from Ontario will be staying arriving at St Michel des Saints on Wed for 4 days.

Will be doing day rides from the Aubege Pied La Chute.

1. Is the #63 trail that goes across the N end of Mont Tremblant park a good ride. On the interactive map appears you have to go fair ways W to find gas?

2.Hotel Sacocomie looks like an impressive place. Is it worth making it a destination for a lunch stop. Is there groomed trail that goes right into the hotel.

3. Saturday is the free weekend. I assume the farther N we can ride the chance for less traffic?

4. Any suggestions for day loops in the area? Reading on here and seeing pictures by Towing, Iceman and others looks like conditions can vary from excellent to poor. Hope they get a decent amount of snow on wed.

Thanks, Steve

Ok

1. That trail 63 is a nice ride, yes gas is scarce until you get west nothing up there but bush. Not further then you need though you can easily make it to gas. Just leave St. Michel topped off.

2 Yes it's impressive for sure, there is groomed trail to there but they are not the most snowmobile friendly. You need to park pretty far from hotel and walk to go in. Lac Blanc nearby is nice too. Very easy nice stop.

3 Any saturday near St. Michel will be madness so imagine the free one. If i was planning and had to ride near there that day(thank you baby jesus as I will not be) i would do the 63 ride that day it is the lesser of all evils.

4 many options depending on how big of a day you want.

One day go to Lac Repos either like this(do this thurs or Friday not saturday but up to you.

post-211-0-12002200-1454334659_thumb.png

Another day to Mattawin for gas/lunch then back.

post-211-0-81481200-1454335015_thumb.png

Just a few choices there are options

Edited by iceman

Iceman covered it well

1 63 is a great ride. All in the bush. First gas is at LaMacaza by the airport. 87 octane only last year. We made it into Riviere Rouge no problem

2 Sacacomie is an impressive place. Great beer, they make it themselves. Not too interested in snowmobilers, but the glady accept your money

3 Repos is a popular destination for weekend riders. Expect long wait times for fuel and food. 345 and 33 will be hammered for sure. Add in limited riding areas and free weekend. I would go up Friday. Kanawatta is a nice place further up. I agree with iceman, 63 is the way to go on Saturday.

4 go where the snow is, it's all we have for options this year

We just got back from Riviere Du Loup. Conditions where good to excellent up there. First time to the area but we really liked it. We may make it a yearly destination

Iceman thanks for the awesome reports......We were wanting to arrive in Saint Donat Friday night and leave from there Saturday morning take 33 to 63 east to Saint Michel and the next day leave again from Saint Donat take 33 to 63 west to wards Lac Nominingue. Is this doable with good trails or should i stick with what you suggested? thanks

Iceman thanks for the awesome reports......We were wanting to arrive in Saint Donat Friday night and leave from there Saturday morning take 33 to 63 east to Saint Michel and the next day leave again from Saint Donat take 33 to 63 west to wards Lac Nominingue. Is this doable with good trails or should i stick with what you suggested? thanks

Yes doable for sure

Was up this past weekend started at real masse rode to repos conditions were good then headed over tremblant park and down trails were great stayed near meecoos woke up then headed down to 63 to cut thru park getting to the park was rough once in the park it was great then headed south to la glacier rough trail all the way back to real masse 560 mile in 2 days first ride of the season about 70 percent of trails were really good praying for snow

33 around St Donat not too bad considering. The snow we got Wednesday was only about 4-5 inches....but it has set up nicely. Ice underneath however in spots....but not that bad. Riding into town the trail through town pretty bare as expected but ride able to gas up or get food. Mr Pizza next to the gas station has good food. Awesome club sandwich and poutine! :drinks: