Last minute info:trail#33 between Rouge-Mattawin and St-Michel des Saints closed...

towing

Will keep you inform if I get others details...

I was wondering if the Lac Taureau is open/staked for crossing. With the trail closed for logging the lake would be nice alternative rather than going through St. Michel. That trail gets a little rough from all the tour groups using it.

The reservoir was not staked in the last years but you can easily take it from St-Michel Village behind the Central there's a trail that goes up to the shore of the reservoir and from there it's pretty easy to get up to the Auberge du Lac Taureau by following the tracks.. lots of them. Going farther on the lake is more adventurous and I would not recommend unless you are with someone who know the area.

This said, the trail closure is completely west from the lake toward Rouge-Mattawin relay and does not interfere with the trail that goes around the lake/reservoir Taureau. Passing on the lake is not an alternative in any way to the closure.

Edited by towing

Best news Ive heard all day! Heading up Sunday morning from Virginia.

Teet can't go wrong here, best group on the web. Post your findings on trail conditions, please.

Have a safe trip.

We skirted this area Monday and a couple told us with sign language (they spoke french) about the big rollers on that trail at the intersection of 63 and 33 north. He was touching the ground and motioning his hand all the way over his head and back down again insinuating some big ass rollers. We elected to not make the trip to Matawin this week because of these trails in poor condition leading to the area.

We also heard the groomer was down in St Donat this week and was stuck on the trail so we stayed north on the freshly groomed trails. Ill post some details today

I rode this yesterday from LaBelle. There is an 15km stretch from 40kms out of SMDS that hasn't been groomed in weeks and is 2-3' moguls with 4' holes.

Yes I read about this on french forum and some people recently flag me about this, this is really this segment on the #33 between St-Michel toward Rouge-Mattawin relay(cafeteria) where Hydro do woodcut. I still don't know why they had not groomed but I know that they are working to move this segment more west where it was a couple years ago but they encounter huge snow amount, mechanical an others problems that delayed their progress. don't know more for the moment