Looking to run the west for the first time

JBlavl

Been to Quebec twice in the St. Michelle St Zenon areas and did day trips. This time we are looking to run a saddlebag adventure in the west. Would like to start north of Ottawa area and run up to the Forestel in Val d'Or, then across over to Parent, probably start at the motel there, and back the third day. Looking for info on where to start. Obviously the further south we can start the better as that's less truck time and more sled time. Also any info on better places to stay is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ok sounds good. Where's the best places to stay in Maniwaki? Would it be better to stay in Parent or Clova?

When you say Parent or Clova to stay you mean by sled right? To start in Parent or Clova (going by truck) is crazy.

When you say Parent or Clova to stay you mean by sled right? To start in Parent or Clova (going by truck) is crazy.

lol no sorry I'm talking about doing a saddlebag trip and going through Clova and/or Parent. Just wondering if one or the other was a better place to stay or had better accommodations.

Hey Don,

You never went by truck from Clova did you?

LOL

Been there done that. ice road to Mont Laurier. Got there Unloaded my sled at dealer and it started right up. Was a loose wire on my starter, BTW they could not figure it out there in Mont Laurier, but Pierre did.

Been there done that. ice road to Mont Laurier. Got there Unloaded my sled at dealer and it started right up. Was a loose wire on my starter, BTW they could not figure it out there in Mont Laurier, but Pierre did.

I remember that story. That's not the best ice road to truck down eh? Put your seat belt on & hope the airbag works.

Pierre is the best!

I remember that story. That's not the best ice road to truck down eh? Put your seat belt on & hope the airbag works.

Pierre is the best!

Quite a ride. Kinda Like going to Old Forge to ride " everyone should do it once". Then your done.

My "Ice road ride" from Relais 22 to La Tuque was enough for me. Driver did not speak a word of English and I am sure he was wondering what I was screaming about. Then I got a really strange look when I put my helmet on...

My "Ice road ride" from Relais 22 to La Tuque was enough for me. Driver did not speak a word of English and I am sure he was wondering what I was screaming about. Then I got a really strange look when I put my helmet on...

I been up there to start there by truck. That is another nice one, but no where near the run from Clova Down, i should have though about the Helmet. lol. Great Idea.

I remember your ride well Phil. Never heard that you put your helmet on! That's some funny sh*t right there! We met you at the dealer later that morning on our sleds. Pierre hooked everything up for us. Unfortunately that repair wasn't the last one for your sled on that trip!