Ride Report 8 regions

Andyman

This trip started in Bathurst NB and ended in Point A la Croix. We drove to the Host and stayed the night of the 7th. smclelan had to attend The Presidents ride and while he did I went for a ride to Popple Depot and back. The trails were excellent and I stopped at the Nepisiquit Clubhouse and had a nice visit with the Godfather of Grooming Don Kenny on my way back. Upon completion of the ride we loaded up and headed to Matane as we had reservations for the 8am ferry to Godbout. On the way we started to talk about all the snow and why don't we ride so we unloaded at Point a la Croix and headed to Matane. We stopped at Groomers club in Albertville and had a beer with one of the hardest working volunteers you will ever find. We even managed to get a picture of Groomer! After our visit we carried on the TQ5 and Rt591 to Matane ending the day with 467km. Here is a pic from the presidents ride with Ross Antworth talking to the group and I am sure many of you will see some familiar faces in the crowd! Ed Klim the president of the International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association addressed the group as well.

We caught the 8am ferry and arrived in Godbout right on schedule. On the ferry we met some sledders from NS who were on their way to Timmins so we had a great chat and the time passed very quickly. Steven and I headed east on the TQ3 and it was perfect with amazing snow cover. We stopped at Odanak relais for lunch and arrived in Sept Isle mid afternoon. Today was only 212 km as the ferry chewed the day up. We stayed at the Comfort Inn with food and gas next door. Here is a pic east of Godbout and Odanak relais. The sign from Port Cartier is at the beginning of the trail to Fermont and Labrador City.

We got up the next morning and headed toward the west. We rode to Forestville on the TQ3 and had great running even with the wind and snow. Today was 515 km and 10.5 hrs on the trail including a couple of local trails for sight seeing and gas. Here is a pic of the excellent snowcover and trails in the Baie-Comeau area and a cabin west of Baie Comeau.

We left the next morning for Jonquiere via TQ3 local trail from Les Escoumins to Mont Valin and TQ93. Great riding again and tons of snow. Total was 363 km approx. Here is a pic of the drifts outside Forestville.

Next pic is TQ93 in Mont Valin superb!

We stayed at the HI Jonquiere and had a great visit with Saguenay Bill and company. We left early the next morning and rode to Hebertville for breakfast and then to Lac Bouchette for fuel. Here is a pic of the lake.

We stopped at Relais 22 for lunch and they reported the traffic is down especially the American sledders and their business is also suffering due to the fact that the logging activity is way down in their area this winter. The majority of the logging is taking place west of there near Parent and Clova.

We stayed at Windigo Outfitters and Martine and Daniel were excellent host's as usual. Here is a pic of the road leading to Windigo where it leaves TQ83 and the lodge. After arrival we rode on the St Maurice river as we arrived early for supper. A pic of smclelan on the river. 342km today.

The next morning after a great meal we headed toward Quebec City The TQ73 was fresh groomed all the way to La Tuque and it was perfect!

Lunch in La Tuque and then on to the Colibri to catch the shuttle.

The next morning we headed toward Riviere du Loup. I had sled trouble and we had to make an unscheduled stop in Montmagny. The Ski Doo dealer took us right in and we were on our way in a couple of hours. Excellent service and fair price from GP Performance. Ended the day at the Universal in RDL 372km. Pic east of Quebec city tons of snow!

Next morning we headed down TQ85 to Cabano for breakfast table top and lots of snow!!! After breakfast we rode RT548 and 587 591 Tq5 to Point A la Croix.

The next day we rode TQ5 to Carleton and did some local trails and back to the truck.These pics will give you an idea of the snowcover on the Gaspe.

We had a great trip and one last pic to show Steven checking out the snow depth!

Andy

Great Report as well Andy and Steven.Excellent pics.Looks like you guys found where the snow was.

Btw I saw in Clova Mr.Paul Gélinas,a well known sledder in Québec.He was riding a 2009 e-tec di.Apparently it does 30 mpg and oil consumption is 1 liter per 800 kms.

He was heading to Balbuzard Sauvage then Chibougamau all by himself.

here s the truth mustang .we had to hurry up to take the pics ,waitresses were running for us !!! ha !! ha !!! :) :lol:

groomer !!!

Glad you guys are quick runners.

Great report!!! and Photos. Where doo we sign up for the next trip?

Also I'm suprised you were able to catch Groomer off the trail...hope you bought a lottery ticket cause you were lucky.

Glad you guys are quick runners.

Great report!!! and Photos. Where doo we sign up for the next trip?

Also I'm suprised you were able to catch Groomer off the trail...hope you bought a lottery ticket cause you were lucky.

hi rfm !!!

lucky in a way, because the last 10 days have been very busy for me .with the storms and the wind it has been many hrs of grooming .it was my second time that i met andy and the 4 th one with smclelan i think.did nt want to miss it .

i was awake since a few hrs only , because i took a 15.5 hr run the night before ,that s why you can see a bit of ''fatigue ''

but the 2 beers at the clubhouse helped to sleep at night !!!

groomer !!!

hi rfm !!!

lucky in a way, because the last 10 days have been very busy for me .with the storms and the wind it has been many hrs of grooming .it was my second time that i met andy and the 4 th one with smclelan i think.did nt want to miss it .

i was awake since a few hrs only , because i took a 15.5 hr run the night before ,that s why you can see a bit of ''fatigue ''

but the 2 beers at the clubhouse helped to sleep at night !!!

groomer !!!

Always happy to have a beer with you Groomer!!!

Andy