2019 Riviere du Loup Area Trail Conditions

mikerider

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

I saw a couple 850's this year with 16plus k, still running well. I rode 3k plus on the original belt, it still looks new, no need to change it yet.

16,000 miles on a 2 stroke is a ticking time bomb! Not worth taking the chance grenading 800 miles away from the truck. No thank you!

21 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

Well the report is in. He Had a great time and loved my sled. His normal ride is a 1200 and he liked the lighter front end. His words. Said the trails were hard and fast and all went well.  I  think I will get off my ass and head to Mont laurie on Friday night.  Either the gouin Reservoir or Clova. 

Spoke to my oldest last night about his ride. 8 of them went and they had a blast. He did blow a belt but it was bought at the same time as our other 850's and we had a problem with that belt also. They were Dayco 5034. We have used Dayco for years without a single problem.  Now wondering how long they were setting on the shelf.  

Something else wondering if this has happened to others is the trails were very hard and fast. He said the rev limit would come on with 3/4 throttle.  Was going to 8200 rpms.  I guess the limit switch was doing its job. Just wondering if anyone else has had to adjust clutch clickers or has anyone experienced the same thing. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

Spoke to my oldest last night about his ride. 8 of them went and they had a blast. He did blow a belt but it was bought at the same time as our other 850's and we had a problem with that belt also. They were Dayco 5034. We have used Dayco for years without a single problem.  Now wondering how long they were setting on the shelf.  

Something else wondering if this has happened to others is the trails were very hard and fast. He said the rev limit would come on with 3/4 throttle.  Was going to 8200 rpms.  I guess the limit switch was doing its job. Just wondering if anyone else has had to adjust clutch clickers or has anyone experienced the same thing. Thanks 

I don't run Ski Doos, but It sounds like the belt was either slipping badly (was it doing it before/after the belt blew) or you for some reason need to add weight to the clutch.  maybe the belt was so bad that it was slipping and causing the over rev.  ??  Maybe that helped in causing it to blow. ??  But I don't know if it did it before or after the belt blew or both.  if not then weight needs to be added or clutch is not opening/closing fully for some reason.

That's funny. Might of happened tho because I haven't been able to see the motor that came with it. Not like any 1972 models I use to work on. 

1 hour ago, Triggerhappy said:

I don't run Ski Doos, but It sounds like the belt was either slipping badly (was it doing it before/after the belt blew) or you for some reason need to add weight to the clutch.  maybe the belt was so bad that it was slipping and causing the over rev.  ??  Maybe that helped in causing it to blow. ??  But I don't know if it did it before or after the belt blew or both.  if not then weight needs to be added or clutch is not opening/closing fully for some reason.

It was after the belt issues. The replacement belt only had 400 miles on it from the last trip  year ago. Going to try something different this weekend.  Going to stop at a dealer tomorrow.  There is a parts guy there who is pretty nice to talk to.  The boy bought me a new ski doo belt and I will try that first. 

23 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

It was after the belt issues. The replacement belt only had 400 miles on it from the last trip  year ago. Going to try something different this weekend.  Going to stop at a dealer tomorrow.  There is a parts guy there who is pretty nice to talk to.  The boy bought me a new ski doo belt and I will try that first. 

if it was after the belt blowing check to see if any remains of belt are wrapped around or stuck in clutches which wouldn't allow the clutches to fully shift out.  It just seems to much of a coincidence that it was after the belt blew.  either bad replacement belt or old belt pieces causing clutch issue.  good luck with it. 

I would try a new arctic cat belt (and everything else that is attached to it) and it should run like a rapped ape.  lol  ;)

Thanks for sharing.  Good thought about belt pieces. I'll check on Friday.  

As for the Arctic belt I'll discuss it with Jimmy my like a son Arctic Cat rider. If it could be done he could do it it. Lol

5 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

When mine was over reving it was right before the clutch grenaded

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update of George. He has settled into what may be his forever home after I found him hitchhiking on trail #5 this winter.  He keeps asking for EddieSkiDoo and SkiDoo420;  wants another weekend in Amqui with them. 

He is getting along with everyone in the household  just fine. Still likes to monkey around and get himself in trouble occasionally. Says he likes the tropical weather of Maine better than the arctic cold of Quebec. He does miss happy hour at the Universel Hotel bar.  He is currently appealing his illegal immigrant status.

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

Edited by mikerider

Thanks Triggerhappy.  Josie is a rescue from Tennessee and we were told maybe part lab.  We got her at 4 months old back in September and don't see any lab in her looks or traits. Someone suggested she looks like she has a lot of Feist breed in her. We had never heard of that breed, but after looking it up, she does appear to have a lot of Feist in her. She is fairly calm, but there is no tiring her out.  She needs constant exercise. And she is one extremely smart dog.  We are running out of new things to teach her. The wife hopes to maybe get her into agility training someday. 

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG