Delta to Auberge 31 - Sightseeing / lookouts??

sledzz

Part of our trip is from Delta Saguany over to Auberge 31. It is not a big mileage day, was hoping to take in some scenery as we have never been north of the river in the Valin area. Any "must see's" ?? I have seen "blueberry fields" mentioned, is this something to see? And where is it?

Thank you,

Sledzz

Top of my head:

Find Bill at the Delta (Check Lobby after 5)

-Broke Back Mountain (over look for Jonquiere\Chicatoumi\Sag River) 

-The Cave (Towards Scooby Raid\Mount Valain)

-Trail from Onachaway to Bra Louise

-Frozen Waterfall, a little down 93 from A-31

Others will chime in i'm sure.

Later

GutZ

The lookouts are great but you need a clear day to appreciate them.  You would be hard pressed to see all of them in one day so pick out a couple that are close to each other.  If it is a bad day, check the groomer map and head for Auberge 31 via the recently groomed trails.

Try to stay off of trail 93 on weekends.

The blueberry fields are not scenic, just nice trails around the Labrecque area, i.e. trail 328.  Some nice long runs.  This would be en route to Relais Vilain and not Auberge 31.

Jack & Sandi

How many miles do you cover in a day? Jack is right on the lookouts, clear day, or a waste of time,same with Blueberry fields, not a lot of fun on a cloudy day. You can do the Fields to Valain relays, take the orange trail 484 to Onachaway, 477 to Bras Louis trail 267 which is a site to see on a sunny day. People always talk about it. There is a look out at the bottom of it before you get to 93 if weather is nice. Then up 93 to Auberge 31. Under 200 miles. 93 on the weekends can get very bad, but with snow everywhere now it may hold up better. The waterfall is on 252, its a nice 50 mile loop from 31 and great pic opportunity, but get directions, because its not marked very well. 

Edited by 800steve