Winter Grand Gathering

timbo

The just concluded Franconia Gathering hosted by Saguenay Bill had some of the attendees talking about the possibility of actually holding the next "Gathering", of at all places, somewhere in Quebec in the snow!!! Wow.

Riche ("Back") was so taken by the idea that he contacted the new owners at 100 Lakes regarding the possibility of holding the event at Pourvoirie Cent Lacs. Richie and I had stopped by many times in past years, but our mid-winter last year stop found us most impressed with the job the new administration is doing. We got one of the last chalets available when we blew in as they were hosting a group of 30 French riders at the time.

"Back" confirmed the dates we were tossing around in Franconia would work, 20 and 21 January, 09. 100 Lacs would be pleased to offer Quebec Riders a forfait (package) for $200/rider. This would include a dinner on arrival nite (20 Jan), lodging, breakfast on 21 January, dinner, and lodging, and breakfast on departure morning (Thursday, 22 January).

Already, 6 reservations have been made. Obviously, if someone wanted to stay for only one nite, they could do so. The "package" rate of $100/ day would still apply, including breakfast and dinner.

A few observations:

Cent Lacs is located in the high Laurentides; on Lac Adonis, on a Wood Runner Trail, 26 klicks off of TQ 33. Cent Lacs is approximately 120 klicks South of Parent. Nearest Pourvoirie is Club Scott, 70 klicks Southwest.

Their website is www.100lacs.com

Jacques is the father of one of the new owners. He maintains their Montreal base. His phone is 450-261-6075. email; centlacssud@qmail.com

During the day on Wednesday the 21st, following breakfast we would plan a day ride to Clova or Casey, or??????, and return to 100 Lacs for dinner and general silliness.

They can accomodate over 85 people at 100 Lacs and there is plenty of space available at present. They do host a significant number of foreign tour guests who wish to experience hiver dans la belle province, so availability can change with no notice.

This place is one of the greatest snowmobile destination/accomodations in the bush I have stayed in 25 years of touring in Quebec. The Astounding Potato Brothers heartily reccommend it.

Merlot Fluffy wishes you all to know that Cent Lacs has the finest wine cellar you will ever find in the high bush of the Laurentides.

Check out the website. Call or email Jacques if you are "in" for our QR Quebec Rendevous in January. Let me know if you are planning to join us so we have an up to date roster of attendees.

timbo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Sir, I am looking forward to being there. I will have the wife make the reservations ASAP.

Nitro

:good:

Glad you are on board!

timbo

Hi Timbo

Smclelan and I will be there! We are looking forward to this gathering and I hope lots of other riders will come along as well. I will encourage my local buddies to make the trip with us.

Andy

Pic of our January Gathering planner Richie and his drinking buddy Lisa.

Hi Timbo

Smclelan and I will be there! We are looking forward to this gathering and I hope lots of other riders will come along as well. I will encourage my local buddies to make the trip with us.

Andy

Pic of our January Gathering planner Richie and his drinking buddy Lisa.

With stalwarts the calibre of you two on board, the success of the Winter Gathering is assured.

glad you guys can make it.

timbo

Did someone say they were serving beer??? I will for sure. It sounds like a great time and looks like a good spot. I have my room booked already!

I think this is close to where we are going.

Right you are, Steven.

That's the old hydro dam on the headwaters of the Gatenau, outside of Clova.

Looking forward to seeing you there!!

timbo

It is something i will look into it although it's in the middle of the week. :good:

here's map of woodrunner trails network

http://coureurdesbois.ca/Carte_sentiers_2008.pdf

Hi Midrange

We looked at a number of dates and we picked these ones as some of us are travelling from here in the maritmes and others from as far as PA in the states and it is going to take us longer than just a weekend to make the journey. I sure hope you can make it as we all would like to put a name to your face. We all read your posts and we would like to come and play in your back yard!

Andy

Hi Midrange

We looked at a number of dates and we picked these ones as some of us are travelling from here in the maritmes and others from as far as PA in the states and it is going to take us longer than just a weekend to make the journey. I sure hope you can make it as we all would like to put a name to your face. We all read your posts and we would like to come and play in your back yard!

Andy

Hi Andy.........obviously I'd like to meet you all. I know for you guys it's a long way from home.I will talk to my buddies and see what we can do vacation wise and if the boss at work is kind with me.

Btw how far is 100 lacs from Beauregard??

Maniwaki-Beauregard is 150 miles give or take.

Here's what happen when signage is very poor.Trying to find our way to Clova from Nottawissi

Hi Andy.........obviously I'd like to meet you all. I know for you guys it's a long way from home.I will talk to my buddies and see what we can do vacation wise and if the boss at work is kind with me.

Here's what happen when signage is very poor.Trying to find our way to Clova from Nottawissi

BRG to 100lacs is very close no more than 200 miles!!!!!

Andy

Just kidding!!!!

BRG to 100lacs is very close no more than 200 miles!!!!!

Andy

Just kidding!!!!

Hello Andy glad to see that you make it and it was a pleasure seeing you again and tell Lisa I said hello. Rich

Hello Andy glad to see that you make it and it was a pleasure seeing you again and tell Lisa I said hello. Rich

Hi Rich

Lisa and I both had a great time and it was a lot of fun seeing you guys again. The January trip sounds like a blast hopefully we will get a good turn out. Lisa is working on a project with all the pics that she and Steven took and it should be ready in a few days. We will post a link.

Andy

Hey Midrange

It's about 80 Klicks from Beauregard to Cent Lacs.

timbo

The just concluded Franconia Gathering hosted by Saguenay Bill had some of the attendees talking about the possibility of actually holding the next "Gathering", of at all places, somewhere in Quebec in the snow!!! Wow.

Riche ("Back") was so taken by the idea that he contacted the new owners at 100 Lakes regarding the possibility of holding the event at Pourvoirie Cent Lacs. Richie and I had stopped by many times in past years, but our mid-winter last year stop found us most impressed with the job the new administration is doing. We got one of the last chalets available when we blew in as they were hosting a group of 30 French riders at the time.

"Back" confirmed the dates we were tossing around in Franconia would work, 20 and 21 January, 09. 100 Lacs would be pleased to offer Quebec Riders a forfait (package) for $200/rider. This would include a dinner on arrival nite (20 Jan), lodging, breakfast on 21 January, dinner, and lodging, and breakfast on departure morning (Thursday, 22 January).

Already, 6 reservations have been made. Obviously, if someone wanted to stay for only one nite, they could do so. The "package" rate of $100/ day would still apply, including breakfast and dinner.

A few observations:

Cent Lacs is located in the high Laurentides; on Lac Adonis, on a Wood Runner Trail, 26 klicks off of TQ 33. Cent Lacs is approximately 120 klicks South of Parent. Nearest Pourvoirie is Club Scott, 70 klicks Southwest.

Their website is www.100lacs.com

Jacques is the father of one of the new owners. He maintains their Montreal base. His phone is 450-261-6075. email; centlacssud@qmail.com

During the day on Wednesday the 21st, following breakfast we would plan a day ride to Clova or Casey, or??????, and return to 100 Lacs for dinner and general silliness.

They can accomodate over 85 people at 100 Lacs and there is plenty of space available at present. They do host a significant number of foreign tour guests who wish to experience hiver dans la belle province, so availability can change with no notice.

This place is one of the greatest snowmobile destination/accomodations in the bush I have stayed in 25 years of touring in Quebec. The Astounding Potato Brothers heartily reccommend it.

Merlot Fluffy wishes you all to know that Cent Lacs has the finest wine cellar you will ever find in the high bush of the Laurentides.

Check out the website. Call or email Jacques if you are "in" for our QR Quebec Rendevous in January. Let me know if you are planning to join us so we have an up to date roster of attendees.

timbo

10 guys signed-up as of yesterday! we're off to a great start.

hope to see you there.

timbo

• 2 months later...
10 guys signed-up as of yesterday! we're off to a great start.

hope to see you there.

timbo

Lots of good stuff coming out lately regarding long range weather forcasts and the new robust performance of the US dollar. Don't forget the upcoming Quebec Rider January Extraveganza at Cent Lacs in January!!

It will be great for so many Quebec Riders to get together on the snow!!! We have enjoyed desktop sledding for the past six months; soon is the opportunity to enjoy la Belle Province in the snow.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you guys at Cent Lacs.

timbo

• 2 weeks later...
Please let me know when you decide on doing this, I'd love to be there. I have stayed at Cent Lac, and it is terrific. zw

watch a video clip i did 3 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csoTyrXjJsU

Zen

review the thread. all the info is there.

hope you can join us in january.

timbo

• 5 weeks later...
Please let me know when you decide on doing this, I'd love to be there. I have stayed at Cent Lac, and it is terrific. zw

watch a video clip i did 3 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csoTyrXjJsU

Hi Zen

You should try to make it to 100 lacs in Jan. I am doing my best to convince Snowmaster 2112 Chris the man to join us . It will not be boring!!!

Andy

• 1 month later...
Hi Zen

You should try to make it to 100 lacs in Jan. I am doing my best to convince Snowmaster 2112 Chris the man to join us . It will not be boring!!!

Andy

Well lads Its getting closer now will be leaving next thursday jan 15 . It will be a pleasure to to seee you guys again and enjoy an adult brevage with you and tell some storys. Rich

Well lads Its getting closer now will be leaving next thursday jan 15 . It will be a pleasure to to seee you guys again and enjoy an adult brevage with you and tell some storys. Rich

Hi Rich

We are looking very forward to seeing you guys as well. Our fingers are crossed that we get some good snow from this storm so we can have good conditions as things are not the best at this time but the snowfall warnings are posted.

Andy