mikerider

RDL 2021: Plan B

5 hours ago, Pipemaster said:

I’ll second that. Just ordered new version.

Ordered mine also. Got the New England Snowmobile Map  X package. It includes 5 states. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the .kmz files on my Iphone and into Guru maps. UPDATE:   Ok got the 5 states that were included on Guru app using Itunes. You can also import using email. Looks like a nice program.

Edited by Snobeeler

2 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Ordered mine also. Got the New England Snowmobile Map  X package. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the .kmz files on my Iphone and into Guru maps. Anyone do it yet?

I have the sd card for my gps so I’m not sure how that works. 

3 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Ordered mine also. Got the New England Snowmobile Map  X package. It includes 5 states. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the .kmz files on my Iphone and into Guru maps. UPDATE:   Ok got the 5 states that were included on Guru app using Itunes. You can also import using email. Looks like a nice program except, Only certain states are included that allow for detailed base map of streets. New York is, Maine is not. Need to purchase upgrade to Guru Pro to get Maine streets. It is $50 for lifetime or $2.50 per month. Has anyone just purchased the Maine snowmobile map and do the streets show up in detail?

I just have the Maine snowmobile map on the sd card and I just looked at it and it does show the roads and streets. 

Edited by yorkxf9000
Found out different information

5 minutes ago, yorkxf9000 said:

I just have the Maine snowmobile map on the sd card but only the snowmobile trails are on it not any streets or roads. 

Actually Maine streets are included in what I got?

On 10/16/2020 at 7:12 PM, Pipemaster said:

Our first trip up North in Maine. We had the same problem with putting together a bag trip. So far our plan is :

2 nights at 5 Lakes lodge in Millinocket

1 night at Hewes Brook Lodge

1 night at The Inn at Acadia 

1 night at Homestead Lodge

1 night 5 Lakes Lodge

Maybe this will help some. Any input is welcome.

Well done.  Thanks for this post.  Been riding Maine for 2 years now and have only done overnight Greenville to Rangley and have been really missing an authentic Quebec tour with places like 100 Lacs and the Richelieu.  

Edited by actionjack