Riding Out Of The HI/Jonquiere

MrGutz

Well, you can ride out of the HI in Jonquiere. We rode toward Mt Valin and discovered a few reroutes that are not yet well marked.

The first one is between the two bridges, so be carefull as it snakes around the construction site.

The second is in Shipshaw, and you need to take the path on the left and loop out and around, I wish I could tell you exactly where. The blockage is right at the restaurant/road crossing with the sign that has the Elk in the sign. The bypass is about a 1/4 mile before the road crossing.

Unfortuanatly the motor in my Mach has passed on to Warrenty land and were only able to log 50 miles. We are heading home tomorrow.

Later

Gutz

Well, you can ride out of the HI in Jonquiere. We rode toward Mt Valin and discovered a few reroutes that are not yet well marked.

The first one is between the two bridges, so be carefull as it snakes around the construction site.

The second is in Shipshaw, and you need to take the path on the left and loop out and around, I wish I could tell you exactly where. The blockage is right at the restaurant/road crossing with the sign that has the Elk in the sign. The bypass is about a 1/4 mile before the road crossing.

Unfortuanatly the motor in my Mach has passed on to Warrenty land and were only able to log 50 miles. We are heading home tomorrow.

Later

Gutz

Awesome news about the HI being accessible already. Kind of early for that place isn't it ?

Sucks about your sled. Hopefully it won't be too long to get fixed.

Later

Gutz

How many miles on your mach? I just had a new crank, pistons and cylinders and exhaust valves done on my 07" at 6500 miles, thankfully under warranty, will have it back on monday.

Just as a quick note, the trails are being packed and marked. it's a little boney in spots, and the front desk said rain for monday???? it was 3 degrees F yesterday. The closer we got to the Mt the better it was. between the bridges was real thin in the reroute.

Gutz

Just as a quick note, the trails are being packed and marked. it's a little boney in spots, and the front desk said rain for monday???? it was 3 degrees F yesterday. The closer we got to the Mt the better it was. between the bridges was real thin in the reroute.

Gutz

It's still early. A little rain is to be expected, and isn't a bad thing; it hlpes get a really nice base.

Sorry to hear about your motor, mine went out on my 600 SDI last year on the first day of a planed week of riding. Mine was not under warranty though.

Good luck

Bob

Hey, sorry about the motor problems... how many miles on the 600 sdi, what yr? Ive got 11,873 on a 05mxzx 600 sdi. Gonna check the compression. Not sure if I should re-ring or leave alone. My riding partner has lost a 1000 motor (crank on the top of the monk) 3 fuel pumps on 3 different trips, Rail bed 93N Chib (06) wild fire area west of clova (08), moose valley N.B (06). Any problems with the fuel pumps on the 1000 mach?

Hey, sorry about the motor problems... how many miles on the 600 sdi, what yr? Ive got 11,873 on a 05mxzx 600 sdi. Gonna check the compression Not sure if I should re-ring or leave alone. My riding partner has lost a 1000 motor (crank on the top of the monk) 3 fuel pumps on 3 different trips, Rail bed 93N Chib (06) wild fire area west of clova (07), moose valley N.B (06). Any problems with the fuel pumps on the 1000 mach?

Fuel pumps are one of the bigger issues with the 1000SDI. There are two of them, (low and high pressure) and if one goes (usually the low pressure one in earlier models) it can cause a lean condition meltdown. Many of us running the 1000 install a fuel pressure gauge to try and stay on top of a problem about to happen. Many also re-locate and replace the low pressure pump. There's more info. on this than any sane person can absorb on the Dootalk Mach Z forum, if you are interested.

Dozer

Fuel pumps are one of the bigger issues with the 1000SDI. There are two of them, (low and high pressure) and if one goes (usually the low pressure one in earlier models) it can cause a lean condition meltdown. Many of us running the 1000 install a fuel pressure gauge to try and stay on top of a problem about to happen. Many also re-locate and replace the low pressure pump. There's more info. on this than any sane person can absorb on the Dootalk Mach Z forum, if you are interested.

Dozer

I was one of the first ones to figure this out.

The bottom line is the low pressure pump fails and doesn't fill the high pressure pump resevoir.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76678

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44433

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79724

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=163527

If you need any thing further on this, ping me and I can help you out.

Gutz...How long is the Summit? I just love the Blue & White but I felt it was too much sled for mostly trail riding.

Good report. It won't be long now.

it's a 146, and it seemed fine on the trails so far, I rode it from St Amboise (The Giant Motorhome Dealer) to the HI, It picks up the front too easily, but a little strap adjustment will fix that.

Gutz