What are the record cold temps in qc

Scranton1

We rode two years ago at minus 32 c at the bank heading to valin. When we got on the mountains it had to be 10 degrees colder with high winds.

Its hard to describe to someone that cold.

Took my gloves off to take a pic and in 5 seconds hands were numb.

If you got naked at that temp you would freeze solid in 5mins.

My piss froze before it hit the ground?

Crazy cold.

What are the records up there?

We rode two years ago at minus 32 c at the bank heading to valin. When we got on the mountains it had to be 10 degrees colder with high winds.

Its hard to describe to someone that cold.

Took my gloves off to take a pic and in 5 seconds hands were numb.

If you got naked at that temp you would freeze solid in 5mins.

My piss froze before it hit the ground?

Crazy cold.

What are the records up there?

february 5th,1923 in Doucet,Lac St-Jean

-54 celcius

We were at Repos on Wednesday and their thermometer said -40!!! Very cold. Our 4-strokes would not start. Turn over...slowly but would not fire. With the help of a battery charger were were up and running though!

Over 1000 miles in 4 1/2 days...Not to shabby for the temps we experienced!

All part of the joy of riding in Quebec!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were at Repos on Wednesday and their thermometer said -40!!! Very cold. Our 4-strokes would not start. Turn over...slowly but would not fire. With the help of a battery charger were were up and running though!

Over 1000 miles in 4 1/2 days...Not to shabby for the temps we experienced!

All part of the joy of riding in Quebec!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of 4 stroke?

2 Attaks and 1 Rage. Funny thing is while we were dicking around with them, the tour group that also stayed at the lodge came out to start their sleds. Ski Doo's 500ss and 550f I believe. Couple of pulls on the pull cord and then hit the starter and they were running! Oh well! Would not have been a good commercial for Yamaha! Gotta give credit where its due though!

2 Attaks and 1 Rage. Funny thing is while we were dicking around with them, the tour group that also stayed at the lodge came out to start their sleds. Ski Doo's 500ss and 550f I believe. Couple of pulls on the pull cord and then hit the starter and they were running! Oh well! Would not have been a good commercial for Yamaha! Gotta give credit where its due though!

I have to agree with you Sled Dog. I just got back from the LaTuque/ St. Michel area. Got down to -42. Out of 8 sleds in our group, the 5 Ski Doo E-Tech's started and the 3 Yamaha's didn't. :nea: I think the Yamaha's need some sort of decompression mechanism for cold starts.