Updates anybody ????

snowmaster2112

The FCMQ has not updated their website in a week and currently have the following posted on the website:

"Considering the rain and warm weather that prevails now in many regions, trail conditions will be updated Friday the 13th."

I am hoping that whore (mother nature) didn't ruin everything in lower QC too like it did here in New York. After what looked like one of the best snowmobiling seasons in over a decade here, the whore took it ALL away in the first week of Februaury!!!! The only region that will survive is Tug Hill and it wont recover to how nice it has been.

How about hearing from Bill and others how the upper regions like Abitibi, Lac St jean & Gaspe held up.

Heading up saturday to do the Gaspe and it's not like I'm worried, but some good news wouldnt hurt either !!!

The FCMQ has not updated their website in a week and currently have the following posted on the website:

"Considering the rain and warm weather that prevails now in many regions, trail conditions will be updated Friday the 13th."

I am hoping that whore (mother nature) didn't ruin everything in lower QC too like it did here in New York. After what looked like one of the best snowmobiling seasons in over a decade here, the whore took it ALL away in the first week of Februaury!!!! The only region that will survive is Tug Hill and it wont recover to how nice it has been.

How about hearing from Bill and others how the upper regions like Abitibi, Lac St jean & Gaspe held up.

Heading up saturday to do the Gaspe and it's not like I'm worried, but some good news wouldnt hurt either !!!

It's all good. Go to the Lac St Jean subcategory and see the trail conditions. Bill posts daily and right now it sounds like it's perfect....at least as of 1 hour ago :good:

just back from grooming.temps still warm a bit .but wind started to blow about 3 hrs ago .it might ''clear '' all the humidity .

from today till next friday ,temps should be between -4 c and - 8 c till next friday ,with sunny days for next week .a bit of snow for the week end .

a bit of freezing rain yesterday afternoon ,did nt affect the conditions of the trail

don t worry for the snow in my area ,no problems at all .

must go to bed ,might post again tonight .

groomer !!!

I have friends in Gaspe right now. I've talked to them almost every night. So far, as of last night, the conditions were still great.

They didn't get the warm weather that the rest of Quebec did, at least not yet. I will be talking to them tonight when they get

back to Riviere du Loop. I will post what they say about the conditions as of today.

Thanks Greasemonkey & Groomer!!!! Nice to hear good news!! Groomer, Andyman is joing our gang for the Gaspe run so hopefully this trip I will get to meet Quebec's most famous photographer in person!!!!

Chris

Warnings

Amqui - Matapédia Valley

4:36 AM EST Friday 13 February 2009

Snowfall warning for

Amqui - Matapédia Valley issued

15 to 30 centimetres of snow are expected over these regions until

late day Saturday.

A broad low pressure system over the Maritimes will affect mostly

eastern Québec during the next two days. Light snow that began over the Lower North Shore last night will intensify today with amounts

varying between 20 and 30 centimetres through Saturday evening.

The snowfall along with strong northeast winds will cause blowing

snow over extreme eastern regions.

Over the Lower Saint-Laurent, the snow will begin late in the day and

will intensify overnight with amounts exceeding 15 centimetres.

Moreover, with the strong to high west winds that will develop,

widespread blowing snow will affect mainly the Lower Saint-Laurent

and the Saguenay region.

Looks interesting!

Andy

hi andy and chris !!

just back from grooming .it has been windy like HELL all day.began snowing lightly in the afternoon and still windy .an hydraulic hose blew for the steering around 8 am this morning , about 5 miles east of ste marguerite .waited 3.5 hrs before help arrive .took 5 mins to fix .

tq 5 was still A-1 + .my friend went to check the drifts area and it was clean .so i turned around at that 90 ' corner ,i was about 2 miles from there .saw about 30 sleds .

chris ,sure i ll be very glad to meet you !!! hope so !!and i ll have my camera with me for sure .

groomer !!! :drinks:

Just talked with my buddies. They are back in NJ. They said that the Gaspe was all good. They never hit any warm up to speak of.

Trails were excellent. They said as of yesterday around mid afternoon, it was windy but the drifting wasn't so bad yet between

du Loop and Rimouski.