Money exchange

600IQHO

This is going to be my 1st time staying at the HI, there web site says they exchange currency. Is there rate comparable to the duty free? If so I will keep on going instead of stopping at the border.

This is going to be my 1st time staying at the HI, there web site says they exchange currency. Is there rate comparable to the duty free? If so I will keep on going instead of stopping at the border.

I usually go to AAA before I leave, I just got 17 cents on the dollar there last week. I do go to the place on your right after crossing the border on rt 87 and I got 20 cents on the dollar a month ago. The desk at the HI will give you exchange, but a local bank in town will do better. I did that last year up in Jonquiere. If you want to know the exact rate call the desk since you will be a guest and ask there rate for today. If its under 13 or 14 cents on the dollar you can do better elsewhere. Hope this helps.

1.26368 CAD=1 USD as of today. Use a debit card and you get the right exchange rate.

Never used a Debit card in Canada only a credit card. Do you get charged the foreign transaction fee on a debit card?

The Hi is $1.10CA for $1.00US. I would not recommend going to bank here in Jonquiere unless you want to miss a 1/2 day of riding. Where are you coming from? What day of week are you coming up? What time of day do plan on crossing the border and on what route?

The Hi is $1.10CA for $1.00US. I would not recommend going to bank here in Jonquiere unless you want to miss a 1/2 day of riding. Where are you coming from? What day of week are you coming up? What time of day do plan on crossing the border and on what route?

I am coming up on a Sunday, March 8th. I 87 NewYork for the crossing, and it will be about 10 am. I am coming from SE PA. Bill, thanks for responding to my post. I am looking to ride with you sometime that week if at all possible.

I am coming up on a Sunday, March 8th. I 87 NewYork for the crossing, and it will be about 10 am. I am coming from SE PA. Bill, thanks for responding to my post. I am looking to ride with you sometime that week if at all possible.

Reason for my questions is that if you were coming during the week there is a bank in Drummondville I've used, not far of 20, but that won't work for you. There is an ATM Machine in the mall. Trying to go to the Duty Free store on the south bound side can be a pita. Won't your bank in PA do it for you?

Reason for my questions is that if you were coming during the week there is a bank in Drummondville I've used, not far of 20, but that won't work for you. There is an ATM Machine in the mall. Trying to go to the Duty Free store on the south bound side can be a pita. Won't your bank in PA do it for you?

I really never thought about my Credit union down here. I will call them tomorrow.

I tried a bank for the first time in Valcourt this year. They exchanged the U.S. dollars for Canadian but they asked for my passport and driver's license, checked the bills with the magic marker, held them up to the light for the security thread and discussed the transaction among themselves. It took a while but they did do the exchange. I like quick and easy instead.

In the past I exchanged at the Canadian side of duty free on Rt 91. The American side rate seems to be not quite as good. Duty free has always been very quick and no questions. I will go back to using the duty free store. You may not be able to get to the Canadian duty free on the way in because it is for people leaving Canada.

Footnote: Bring old U.S. bills, less questions.

I have heard that the debit card routine is very good also.

You will love the riding at the Lac. :D

Jack

I tried a bank for the first time in Valcourt this year. They exchanged the U.S. dollars for Canadian but they asked for my passport and driver's license, checked the bills with the magic marker, held them up to the light for the security thread and discussed the transaction among themselves. It took a while but they did do the exchange. I like quick and easy instead.

In the past I exchanged at the Canadian side of duty free on Rt 91. The American side rate seems to be not quite as good. Duty free has always been very quick and no questions. I will go back to using the duty free store. You may not be able to get to the Canadian duty free on the way in because it is for people leaving Canada.

Footnote: Bring old U.S. bills, less questions.

I have heard that the debit card routine is very good also.

You will love the riding at the Lac. :D

Jack

I will probably do the Duty free again, sometimes the ease is worth a couple of cents. I did ride this area last year for three days. We found ourselves on Valins the first day and we went back the next 2 days because the riding was sooo good we just could not stay away. I want to go around the lake and try to find the cave and also look for some other interesting places to ride in the area. I cant wait!! This has been one of the best years in a long time and have not been able to ride because of circumstances beyond my control. Be there soon, I am counting the days!

ATM s only charge you per transaction. $3 US. Take as much as you can. 1st week in feb this year I was at a gas station in Herbertville...south of Jonquerie... and across the street was a bank. They gave us 1.295. Way more than the rate was. Needless to say I cashed in all my US and am leaving on Thurs 26th for another trip... all expenses paid.