misleading information

TILEPRO

To all who ride Lanaudiere region the Gran Galup Bar and Dansueses in St. Come is open and has a bunch of talent working there. I was told at the Le Cabanon that the place was closed. I rode down there and the trails were perfect and the place was open......very misleading, shame on them and everyone should keep that in mind when calling about trail conditions. I know I will. Just passing it along

Thank for your update TILEPRO

How were the trail conditions in St-Côme village and between there and Mt-Tremblant Park ???

I ear that it was a little lean on snow but ok ... Have you went more south than the Grand galop bar???

:drinks:

Alain

Thank for your update TILEPRO

How were the trail conditions in St-Côme village and between there and Mt-Tremblant Park ???

I ear that it was a little lean on snow but ok ... Have you went more south than the Grand galop bar???

:drinks:

Alain

Hi Alain

It was good riding. good and froze up and some ice but what the hell. out to St Jean De-Matha was smooth and 63 back up to 350 no problem

St come village was a little rough and bare but still okay. Back up to the park on 341 was fine the groomers are working well

To all who ride Lanaudiere region the Gran Galup Bar and Dansueses in St. Come is open and has a bunch of talent working there. I was told at the Le Cabanon that the place was closed. I rode down there and the trails were perfect and the place was open......very misleading, shame on them and everyone should keep that in mind when calling about trail conditions. I know I will. Just passing it along

There was probably something lost in the translation, the Lac St. Louis is closed in St. Zenon. :pardon:

Hi Alain

It was good riding. good and froze up and some ice but what the hell. out to St Jean De-Matha was smooth and 63 back up to 350 no problem

St come village was a little rough and bare but still okay. Back up to the park on 341 was fine the groomers are working well

Were the trail conditions in St. Come village a little bare, or conditions inside the bar? :rofl:

UMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! Dansueses huh??? What happens in Canada stays in Canada :)

There was probably something lost in the translation, the Lac St. Louis is closed in St. Zenon. :pardon:

No language barrier she speaks good english

UMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! Dansueses huh??? What happens in Canada stays in Canada :)

Bob, I don't even know what that word means :pardon:

No language barrier she speaks good english

Who Lynn? Maybe she's not familiar with that place or heard otherwise. You have to remember it's not like a 10 minute ride in a car you can probably get there quicker in winter by sled.

Bob, I don't even know what that word means :pardon:

What is so hard about being honest!? When we rode past the Gallop (SP?) it was HOPPIN'! I would think all business owners want to work together to promote the area as a whole because they ALL benefit. The more businesses that are open the more people want to come and enjoy the variety of the area. The folks at the Gallop have ALWAYS been hospitable and welcoming to us. I look forward to stopping there during our next trip. IF we EVER get any snow!

Edited by Shane

What is so hard about being honest!? When we rode past the Gallop (SP?) it was HOPPIN'! I would think all business owners want to work together to promote the area as a whole because they ALL benefit. The more businesses that are open the more people want to come and enjoy the variety of the area. The folks at the Gallop have ALWAYS been hospitable and welcoming to us. I look forward to stopping there during our next trip. IF we EVER get any snow!

Not sure what your waiting for, but there is plenty of snow to ride up there now. Winter's on the downhill side now longer days and the sun is higher in the sky, you better get off your butt and go before it's too late. Although if the dancing girls are the main highlight of your trip maybe you could find a place closer to home? :pardon:

Not sure what your waiting for, but there is plenty of snow to ride up there now. Winter's on the downhill side now longer days and the sun is higher in the sky, you better get off your butt and go before it's too late. Although if the dancing girls are the main highlight of your trip maybe you could find a place closer to home? :pardon:

Hey viper,

This is probably not a debate you want to get into with me. I have been in this sport for more than 35 years. No one I assure you is more aware of the transition of the seasons than myself. I also am one who drives as far north as needed and ride into May each and every year. Additionally, as far as getting off my butt and ride....I have 1,350 miles so far this season which is by all accounts one of the worst in recent memory. I typically ride 5,000 - 6,000 miles annually. Unfortunately, this seasons horrible conditions have kept normal riding frequency and distances to minimum! The dancing girls are HARDLY the main highlight of my trip. EVER! Truth be told, it has little to no meaning to me whatsoever. The purpose of my CONSTRUCTIVE contribution to this thread was to simply point out that with a level of professionalism and working together all the businesses in the area can mutually benefit.

Hey viper,

This is probably not a debate you want to get into with me. I have been in this sport for more than 35 years. No one I assure you is more aware of the transition of the seasons than myself. I also am one who drives as far north as needed and ride into May each and every year. Additionally, as far as getting off my butt and ride....I have 1,350 miles so far this season which is by all accounts one of the worst in recent memory. I typically ride 5,000 - 6,000 miles annually. Unfortunately, this seasons horrible conditions have kept normal riding frequency and distances to minimum! The dancing girls are HARDLY the main highlight of my trip. EVER! Truth be told, it has little to no meaning to me whatsoever. The purpose of my CONSTRUCTIVE contribution to this thread was to simply point out that with a level of professionalism and working together all the businesses in the area can mutually benefit.

Ironic how you had constuctive in large print and yet it was anything but. Just a little advice if you don't know the whole story keep your pie hole shut. And I mean that in a nice way. :drinks:

Ironic how you had constuctive in large print and yet it was anything but. Just a little advice if you don't know the whole story keep your pie hole shut. And I mean that in a nice way. :drinks:

Viper,

Please explain which part of my comment was not constructive? As for keeping my pie hole shut.....WRONG thing to say. But I digress. Let us deal with one topic at a time. I eagerly await your reply. Additionally, many on this board know me. Everyone knows my name as I do not hide behind a screen name. I have helped many on this site and others, as well many others have helped me. I have made many friends here both American and Canadian. In case you have not noticed (THERE IS A HUGE DISCLAIMER WHEN YOU LOGIN) that this site is not about bashing one another but a forum for constructive dialogue and assistance to one another, on both sides of the border. Below I have posted the above referenced disclaimer.

"The primary goal of this website is to increase understanding and communication between French and English speaking snowmobilers in the United States and Canada. Too often a different language can create an artificial barrier between individuals that otherwise would share many common interests. With that in mind, please be considerate of others when posting to our forums. Free speech is observed, but conversations involving politics should be carefully guarded so as to not offend others that hold different viewpoints. "Country-bashing" will not be tolerated here under any circumstances. Failure to observe this rule will lead to post deletion and/or limitations of your posting ability. "

Shane

Viper,

Please explain which part of my comment was not constructive? As for keeping my pie hole shut.....WRONG thing to say. But I digress. Let us deal with one topic at a time. I eagerly await your reply. Additionally, many on this board know me. Everyone knows my name as I do not hide behind a screen name. I have helped many on this site and others, as well many others have helped me. I have made many friends here both American and Canadian. In case you have not noticed (THERE IS A HUGE DISCLAIMER WHEN YOU LOGIN) that this site is not about bashing one another but a forum for constructive dialogue and assistance to one another, on both sides of the border. Below I have posted the above referenced disclaimer.

"The primary goal of this website is to increase understanding and communication between French and English speaking snowmobilers in the United States and Canada. Too often a different language can create an artificial barrier between individuals that otherwise would share many common interests. With that in mind, please be considerate of others when posting to our forums. Free speech is observed, but conversations involving politics should be carefully guarded so as to not offend others that hold different viewpoints. "Country-bashing" will not be tolerated here under any circumstances. Failure to observe this rule will lead to post deletion and/or limitations of your posting ability. "

Shane

Shane, first off let me say I definitely do owe you an apology as you really were not in on the whole conversation between Tilepro and myself. We also communicated on another website and eventually he PM'd me. We actually had a nice and friendly conversation and I do see his point very clearly about misinformation. However the thing that raised my comments is that I know the people at LeCabanon very well and the things that were said just did not add up. I would liken my reaction to something said about one of your relatives that you know would not respond to a question that way. As we all know there are 2 sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in between. Right now I only know 1 side but in 2 weeks I will hear the other and maybe this will become clearer to me. My real problem with the nature of this post as I have said is the people at LeCabanon are good people who do alot for the sport and they have always given me good honest reports. They have told me in the past not to come if the conditions were poor and I trust them. This is what people need to know if they are going to this area. They can be trusted for trail conditions. One thing I can't understand is that Tilepro told me he was good friends with the owner of Galop so I don't know why he didn't call him first? As far as the screen name goes many people on this forum know me as well, I really don't use a computer much outside of snowmobile season so when I was checking out these different sites for trail conditions I noticed most people had a screen name or "handle"so that is how I set mine up too. If you check my profile page you will see I have much more info about myself than even you do. I guess you have never seen a post that I ended with Rick but my last name is Getz and if you would like you can PM me and I will give you my cell #. I have no problem posting this info because while I have said some things that have ruffled feathers in the past I have never said anything that was not true. I can only speak for myself and a few good friends when I say that I/we come on here mainly to check trail conditions. I don't mind some idle chat but that is not the primary reason for this forum. The only post Tilepro posted on his trip was about a disagreement he had with another business. Unfortunately this is not the first time a business has been slandered on this site and for some reason people's personal rights are held in higher esteem than that of a reputable business owner. Possibly you hit the nail on the head when you said these business'need to work together. This is purely conjecture and in no way an accusation but it is possible the owner of Galop is not contributing anything to the trails but is using them for advetising and his benefit.? On a side note Shane please give us some good trail reports! 5000-6000 mi. a year is awesome, and we would all enjoy hearing trail reports and stories of your trips. Again please accept my apology for "jumping" on you and maybe we will meet ön the trail" :drinks:

Shane, first off let me say I definitely do owe you an apology as you really were not in on the whole conversation between Tilepro and myself. We also communicated on another website and eventually he PM'd me. We actually had a nice and friendly conversation and I do see his point very clearly about misinformation. However the thing that raised my comments is that I know the people at LeCabanon very well and the things that were said just did not add up. I would liken my reaction to something said about one of your relatives that you know would not respond to a question that way. As we all know there are 2 sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in between. Right now I only know 1 side but in 2 weeks I will hear the other and maybe this will become clearer to me. My real problem with the nature of this post as I have said is the people at LeCabanon are good people who do alot for the sport and they have always given me good honest reports. They have told me in the past not to come if the conditions were poor and I trust them. This is what people need to know if they are going to this area. They can be trusted for trail conditions. One thing I can't understand is that Tilepro told me he was good friends with the owner of Galop so I don't know why he didn't call him first? As far as the screen name goes many people on this forum know me as well, I really don't use a computer much outside of snowmobile season so when I was checking out these different sites for trail conditions I noticed most people had a screen name or "handle"so that is how I set mine up too. If you check my profile page you will see I have much more info about myself than even you do. I guess you have never seen a post that I ended with Rick but my last name is Getz and if you would like you can PM me and I will give you my cell #. I have no problem posting this info because while I have said some things that have ruffled feathers in the past I have never said anything that was not true. I can only speak for myself and a few good friends when I say that I/we come on here mainly to check trail conditions. I don't mind some idle chat but that is not the primary reason for this forum. The only post Tilepro posted on his trip was about a disagreement he had with another business. Unfortunately this is not the first time a business has been slandered on this site and for some reason people's personal rights are held in higher esteem than that of a reputable business owner. Possibly you hit the nail on the head when you said these business'need to work together. This is purely conjecture and in no way an accusation but it is possible the owner of Galop is not contributing anything to the trails but is using them for advetising and his benefit.? On a side note Shane please give us some good trail reports! 5000-6000 mi. a year is awesome, and we would all enjoy hearing trail reports and stories of your trips. Again please accept my apology for "jumping" on you and maybe we will meet ön the trail" :drinks:

Viper,

Thank you for your detailed and well thought out reply. I too am one that prides myself on speaking the truth and calling out others who do not. I have no time in my life for bullshitters. Quite frankly, I cannot stand them! Thus was the catalyst for my original post. I mentioned no names, no businesses, just a simple statement/question of fact. Why is it so hard for people to be honest? It was my intention to make the post a constructive one such that it would possibly turn the tide of the thread from a bashing to a conversation about informing people of what businesses are open in the area. Having been a member of multiple message boards that have to do with my various hobbies, I have gravitated here because of the honesty and maturity of the members and simply wanted to assist in keeping this thread within those guidelines.

Additionally, I have been going to LeCabanon since Dennis and Anne were basically renting an extra room in their home. Having read, seen and heard the hype and accusations made about LeCabanon and it's owners, I can only say what I know to be true. My experiences there have always been top notch. Honesty and helpfulness. It is not my business nor anyone elses if Dennis or anyone else in the area have problems with one another. As long as I am treated well and with respect as a paying customer that is all that matters. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE is going to have differences of opinion with SOMEONE. That is life. People today need to simply suck it up. However, I know TILEPRO personally. He is a good guy and honest person. Sure he has his short coming as do we all. However, a liar he is not. As for Dennis, he put the Lanaudiere region on the map. No doubt about it. He built a business for himself and the area through promotion and a quality trail system. I don't think anyone will ever try to take that away from him, certainly not myself.

Once again viper, thank you for your "stand up" reply and dialogue. I hope that you and TILEPRO will eventually see eye to eye. If not, don't worry, my 4 year old loves to pound on him and he will take care of it for you! :lol:

Im glad you girls kissed and made up!

Oooooohh, that should bring a cordial comment.

Hey Shane, I see where you're from, ever go to Forge? Have you been there this year at all? I usually take 1 or 2 trips up there with the family. I'll be there next week. I was wondering if the conditions have really improved at all.

Im glad you girls kissed and made up!

I'm glad to see this is behind us. We really got to know each other better after all this lol. I admit I was heated when I was told that but that is now water under the bridge, lets move forward. We are not strangers here just friends that have not met yet. I could be having a cold beer chatting away with Rick and not even know he was Viper2. Sometimes the computer barrier @&%$ things up between people. lets get back to the good chat :drinks:

Oooooohh, that should bring a cordial comment.

Hey Shane, I see where you're from, ever go to Forge? Have you been there this year at all? I usually take 1 or 2 trips up there with the family. I'll be there next week. I was wondering if the conditions have really improved at all.

Greasemonkey,

Yes we ride Old Forge regulalry as it is very close. I have not been there in several weeks as the warmup and rain really did a number on things. It has definitely improved since the warm up and rain, but to what degree I am not too sure. Try http://www.ilsnow.com it is a great source of information. Also, http://sledfreak.com has updated daily reports.

Rode Tug Hill last week with the Freaks from Sledfreak. Save your gas money, the center of the Hill is OK till about 10:00 AM when the monster moguls set in. Icy rocky corners. NY needs snow...