Jump to content

Zec Martin Valin


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, iceman said:

No way on hell everyone is registering

have not heard of one Quebecois getting a ticket for not registering

and i follow many french forums i have seen the question asked about the registration for the Zec but not one person has said anything about getting checked or ticketed

hate to say but this is targeted enforcement

 

Do you mean targeting us out of towners?  Unfortunate, this is unmanageable at best!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if this is being blown out of perportion?  Iceman hasn't heard anything on the French forms, is this a one in a thousand instance?  I have a trip planned through the area and if I was stopped and charged $12 it would not end the season.  The real danger of this whole thing is the pressident it could set.  Government intervention is the only solution from the sound of the tone from Nancy at the Zec.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 5:09 PM, iceman said:

https://bobrtimes.com/monts-valin-new-fees-for-snowmobilers/
 

its real, but it’s impossible for them to check everyone. 
 

Padragon was just unlucky today. Sorry they picked on you guys. 
 

 

I just clicked on the above link and got the frozen screen and the message of a security breech.  I'm to call for support. 

I rebooted and it is gone.  Just a heads up.  You may want to delete the link or at least check it out.

Jack

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about listing a few of the e-mails for the businesses that will be affected like La Chappel, Auberge 31 the gas station at Vilanuet.  I'm willing to send a few e-mails to tell them they won't have my business this season due to the ZEC pass.  Maybe they can push against this too.

Thanks,

Jack & Sandi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

I wonder if this is being blown out of perportion?  Iceman hasn't heard anything on the French forms, is this a one in a thousand instance?  I have a trip planned through the area and if I was stopped and charged $12 it would not end the season.  The real danger of this whole thing is the pressident it could set.  Government intervention is the only solution from the sound of the tone from Nancy at the Zec.

Don't think offered him the option of paying the $12. Just sending him a ticket in the mail

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smclelan said:

I wonder if this is being blown out of perportion?  Iceman hasn't heard anything on the French forms, is this a one in a thousand instance?  I have a trip planned through the area and if I was stopped and charged $12 it would not end the season.  The real danger of this whole thing is the pressident it could set.  Government intervention is the only solution from the sound of the tone from Nancy at the Zec.

Nancy at the Zec….that explains it, Pelosi is up there now!  I sure hope this blows over quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, iceman said:

To be clear 

plenty of people asking if its true on french forums 

not one said they been stopped or checked

It’s definitely true I’ll be sure to show a copy of the fine when I receive it in the mail lol… like I said I was up there for 5 days and only saw the one zec agent  he ticketed me and it was on a Friday so there probably more prevalent on weekends just like the FCMQ agents. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been covered.  Was the ZEC agent in uniform or show some type of official ID.  Did you receive what appears to be an official summons with a court address and court date..  If none of these apply, I would bet you will never hear another word from them. 

mike

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Padragon800 said:

It’s definitely true I’ll be sure to show a copy of the fine when I receive it in the mail lol… like I said I was up there for 5 days and only saw the one zec agent  he ticketed me and it was on a Friday so there probably more prevalent on weekends just like the FCMQ agents. 

Brother I am not questioning one bit your unfortunate encounter with this agent. 
 

i am just saying i have not heard of any folks from Quebec bitching about getting a ticket from an agent , because they would be screaming about it if they got tickets.

 

in no way am I trying to say you were not ticketed. But part of me also feels like Mikerider said you may never see anything arrive in mail. 
 

time will tell

#nozec4me

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be careful with that. Wildlife officers and park wardens often have more enforcement power than the police. Get them really pissed off and instead of writing you a fine they confiscate your vehicle. No idea if these guys are wildlife officers, or just someone the Zec hired, but I'd want to do some more homework before making that decision to just run.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is odd that he left the stop without a written citation with court details listed on it if he wanted to dispute the fine. Even a parking ticket you get given the citation on the spot with the fine listed and details on how to plead or dispute it. Also not questioning that he was stopped.  Just finding the details odd.

 

Edited by Signfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"which is working on a project aimed at better regulating off-trail snowmobiling in Québec"

Going back to the beginning of this thread there does seem to be an "off-trail" or hors-piste focus to this. 

Seems the FCMQ is not even really up to speed on this from the article.

"Ça manque de coordination pour bien comprendre ce qui s'en vient cet hiver, a affirmé le directeur général de la Fédération des Clubs de motoneigistes du Québec, Stéphane Desroches. On ne nous a pas consulté directement.'

translated

"It lacks coordination to fully understand what is coming this winter, said the director general of the Federation of Snowmobile Clubs of Quebec, Stéphane Desroches. We were not consulted directly.”

 

Was the OP singled out because their equipment more resembles off-trail riders than saddlebaggers?  Did the "Patrollers" assume they had been "Off-trailing" and that was could have somewhat been lost in translation?  I could see where the Zec would want to, and institute a process to, charge people who are riding FCMQ trails to go explore off-trail in their park.

What do the Zec ticket vehicle and patrollers look like? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Signfan said:

It is odd that he left the stop without a written citation with court details listed on it if he wanted to dispute the fine. Even a parking ticket you get given the citation on the spot with the fine listed and details on how to plead or dispute it. Also not questioning that he was stopped.  Just finding the details odd.

 

last year I had several friends stopped outside of Rivere du loup.  for high speeds these were definitely officers.  they just took there info and informed them if they had any other speeding tickets they would be getting one in the mail.  apparently they cannot look this stuff up from there sled?  nothing ever showed up but one was thinking he'd get a ticket seen five years ago he got one.          Another question is do these passes have dates on them?  Could you buy one and be good for the season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

last year I had several friends stopped outside of Rivere du loup.  for high speeds these were definitely officers.  they just took there info and informed them if they had any other speeding tickets they would be getting one in the mail.  apparently they cannot look this stuff up from there sled?  nothing ever showed up but one was thinking he'd get a ticket seen five years ago he got one.          Another question is do these passes have dates on them?  Could you buy one and be good for the season?

You can buy membership in the zec as i understand it

The rates are on the site

google zec martin valin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, actionjack said:

"which is working on a project aimed at better regulating off-trail snowmobiling in Québec"

Going back to the beginning of this thread there does seem to be an "off-trail" or hors-piste focus to this. 

Seems the FCMQ is not even really up to speed on this from the article.

"Ça manque de coordination pour bien comprendre ce qui s'en vient cet hiver, a affirmé le directeur général de la Fédération des Clubs de motoneigistes du Québec, Stéphane Desroches. On ne nous a pas consulté directement.'

translated

"It lacks coordination to fully understand what is coming this winter, said the director general of the Federation of Snowmobile Clubs of Quebec, Stéphane Desroches. We were not consulted directly.”

 

Was the OP singled out because their equipment more resembles off-trail riders than saddlebaggers?  Did the "Patrollers" assume they had been "Off-trailing" and that was could have somewhat been lost in translation?  I could see where the Zec would want to, and institute a process to, charge people who are riding FCMQ trails to go explore off-trail in their park.

What do the Zec ticket vehicle and patrollers look like? 

Its a cluster f**k

i called the zec they said all sleds in zec

i specifically asked about on trails only and i already have fcmq pass

said does not matter need to register and pay to ride through zec

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, dooright said:

This is what I bought back in December.. at the gate at the beginning of the ZEC road that runs up to KM31 

They said just have it with you and we were all set . 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/20230125_082456.thumb.jpg.9844e828938567a866066ef3cda4c8aa.jpg

If my translation is correct, you got a fishing and hunting permit???  Nothing about trail riding?

There is nothing on here that mentions any of your sled info.

Correct me if that's wrong.

WTF??

Edited by NSHM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NSHM said:

If my translation is correct, you got a fishing and hunting permit???  Nothing about trail riding?

Correct me if that's wrong.

 

He got a 

Droit de Circulation journalier

Daily Circulation right

Day pass

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sent an e-mail to info@zecmartinvalin.com yesterday.

To Whom It May Concern,

I have a few questions about the "ZEC" trail pass.

Do I need a pass for each ZEC?

How long is the pass good for?

If I ride thru a ZEC and then return the same day, do I need another pass?

If I stay on the trail, do I need a pass?

If I need the pass for on the trail,  why doesn't the FCMQ pass cover the trail?

Are the trails posted that a ZEC pass is required?

What are the fees?

Do the ZEC "agents" have identification to show?

Please respond as soon as possible because I was planning a trip to Quebec.

Thank you,
Jack Kearns

I received a response from Nancy as follows.

Bonjour M.Kearns,

Vous avez besoin d’un droit de circulation pour la ZEC Martin-Valin.   Pour ce qui concerne les autres ZEC, je ne sais pas si elles sont en opération pendant l’hiver.

Votre droit d’accès est valide pour la durée de votre séjour en autant que vous dormez sur la ZEC.  Donc, si vous revenez le jour même , vous n’aurez pas besoin d’un autre droit d’accès.

Et oui, même si vous restez dans les sentiers, vous avez quand même besoin d’un droit de circulation de la ZEC.

La FCMQ et la ZEC sont deux organismes distinctes.

Nous avons des panneaux d’affichages aux entrées de la ZEC qui indiquent qu’un droit de circulation est obligatoire.

Le tarif est de 11.70$ pour le droit de circulation.

Les patrouilleurs de la ZEC, sont très bien identifiés.

Je vous souhaite une belle journée

Nancy

Translated.

Hello Mr. Kearns,

You need a traffic right for the ZEC Martin-Valin. As for the other ZECs, I don't know if they are in operation during the winter.

Your right of access is valid for the duration of your stay as long as you sleep in the ZEC. So, if you come back the same day, you will not need another access right.

And yes, even if you stay on the trails, you still need a ZEC traffic right.

The FCMQ and the ZEC are two separate organizations.

We have billboards at the entrances to the ZEC indicating that a right of circulation is compulsory.

The rate is $11.70 for the right of circulation.

ZEC patrollers are very well identified.

I wish you a nice day

Nancy

My response back to Nancy.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your quick response.  With this information, we will not be traveling thru the Zec Martin-Valin.  If we were riding off trail thru the deep snow of the Zec making our own path, I would understand the additional charge.  Riding on the trails that are groomed and maintained by the FCMQ, I feel there shouldn't be an extra fee.  With what you have said, the FCMQ must be required to pay a fee every time a groomer or trail maintenance person travels thru the Zec.

I understand if we were off the trail system that is maintained by the FCMQ, we would be required to pay an additional fee as in Zec Onatchiway.  Zec Onatchiway has its own trail system and it is maintained by that Zec organization.  Although, we do not have to pay a fee to stop at Relais Onatchiway.

We have been snowmobiling in Quebec for many years and love the trail system and people.  I am disappointed that I am being discouraged to use the trail system that I have had access to for so many years.  The businesses around Zec Martin-Valin will also feel the pain due to fewer snowmobilers.

We, as snowmobilers, should have been advised about this change at the beginning of the season.  I only found out about this thru another snowmobiler that was stopped on the trail.  I will pass this information to other riders to inform them so they can also make a choice as to where they wish to ride.

Again thank you for your quick response.  It is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jack Kearns

I'm passing along the information that I have received from Nancy to inform you what her viewpoint is.  I think this will evolve as time goes on.  Hopefully the FCMQ will have some input and recommendations for us that have paid for the FCMQ pass.  For now, Sandi and I will stay off of Mt Valin.  We usually avoid this area due to so much traffic anyways.

Jack & Sandi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suggest e-mailing the fcmq, the ministry of tourism and saguenay tourism. If we all do this it will gain some traction. We won't get anywhere with Nancy as is evident in her e-mails. This is crown land. It is sad for km 31 and La Chapelle. They will be the ones that suffer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...