Evacuation points ?

lindasledgirl

Hello to all!

Looking at the interactive map. Was this security section here before? Is this new this year? Each one has a number associated. As much as I presume it’s a way to let someone know where you are. I would love to know for sure what they pertain to. 

Anyone with more info?

IMG_3099.jpeg

And looks like the cell phone will work there. I just bought a new Apple Watch and it will tell me how to get back to the last spot with service. 

I found an article in the Imotinege magazine that these 911 spots were an addition to the map but that they took Out bars! Lots of relays going to beer and no hard stuff. 

IMG_3105.jpeg

They were on the map last year.  You'll find the signs at them in the field.  Whether cell service works or not at every one I have my doubts.  Some are pretty remote where cell service definitely is non existant.  In event of an emergency are still a great tool to communicate where you are.

This a great feature to put on the trail map. I really hadn't noticed it before.  I live on a island in the St. Lawrence River and a few year ago I received a call from a state trooper who I have known since he was a young boy playing hockey.  Anyway he ask if I knew of a place that a medical rescue helicopter could land for rescue purpose.  I happen to have a small field that is also close to the public dock that we discussed looking at. So I went out and stood in the field and a few minutes later this NEW YORK STATE  helicopter came and landed then took off . I spoke to him later and they took the GPS numbers and that area is set for other organizations to find for other emergencies.  I  think this could work on the trail system in Quebec. By the way my property has not been used but I am contacted every year for permission to be used. 

Very nice of you to offer your field! We appreciate all the land owners like you. I found an article that is in the new Imotinege magazine. It talks about the new evacuation points. Maybe there are just more this year, but on the map if you select that, wow, lots of them everywhere.