Help planing trip!

RIYAMAHA

8 of us are planing a trip the first week of February Saturday to Saturday. Leaving from ether  Auberge La Glaciere or Pourvoirie Du Lac Blanc up to Lac St Jean maybe over Parent then back down to truck. Want to do 200 miles a day{give or take}  Any suggestions on route an places to stay would help me a lot! Thank you

Through this together rather quickly but its a nice evenly paced route.  Every sleeping location is marked so you can easily change the route.  Roughly its about 1100 miles but some great stops and good sites.

http://fcmq.fcmqapi.ca/i?s=IwGmFYA4E4BYGYAMjYgNoFoBsAmSXhUB2aHYHEcEoiEHeWcHAXTArWGCK3h0XBAZYCSIhA1g8aCDgFQRRHkiCcw6dmSjB0cE3iDRWdTnDxIRVpnKIiaoiFhEY9wuESQBwaPDPrC8LBRtCGhlDHpQxQNdYCwHYEgAsF4GeEsxMTQcCmBEeFAISwpYBIQSxG8HVkz9ACIAYQAJAEEAJQB5ACFaqvRyMFjezNyQWrzwHh7YS04wJ2Vp5iA&r=2

Riyamaha

what type of hotels/motels are you looking to stay at?

1 hour ago, RIYAMAHA said:

Thank for the reply mrgrumpers! Maybe I am doing some thing wrong by all I am getting is a road map!

Try this link:    https://fcmq.fcmqapi.ca/fr/carte-cond.html#map

when the trail map shows up, there will be 2 small square boxes in the top right (a snow flake, a location marker and a square) click on the location marker and a sublist will show up. Then click on safe hotel and then on accomodations. Places to stay (THAT PAY TO BE ON THE MAP) will show up. Click on ones you are interested in to get more info. Hope this helps.  

If going up to Lac St Jean would be good if you could include Trail 373 that runs north of the lake. Beautiful ride across there and can see the new bridge that opened last year. Otis Nature is a good place to stay on the east end near trail 373 if it worked into your loop.Last winter we stayed in the newer chalet, had 5 beds in the bottom floor then there is a seperate apartment on second floor, not sure how many beds.

IMG_0900.png

IMG_0899.png

On 11/11/2023 at 1:11 PM, RIYAMAHA said:

Thank for the reply mrgrumpers! Maybe I am doing some thing wrong by all I am getting is a road map!

Interesting... it should open right to the page fully filled out but here is a image.

QuebecLoop.jpg

Hi  schooter. what i`m looking for are hotels or motels with restaurants in them or within walking distance.   Fuse6 and mrgrumpers these are good looking routes, any suggestions on hotels or motels that you have used before? Thanks to all for the help!

Bruce

42 minutes ago, RIYAMAHA said:

Hi  schooter. what i`m looking for are hotels or motels with restaurants in them or within walking distance.   Fuse6 and mrgrumpers these are good looking routes, any suggestions on hotels or motels that you have used before? Thanks to all for the help!

Bruce

Bruce, how many days do you want to ride? 

18 hours ago, RIYAMAHA said:

Fuse6.  Saturday to Saturday ! Trying for  200 miles a day !

Here is my day to day trip stops with each place listed in image and text.  It matches the same route I posted before.  If you want more miles, you can play around with the interactive map and add some extra stops.  The interactive map is very helpful as you can move routes around or do extra loops.  Example would be on day 5 or 6 you could easily make them longer.

Day 1 - Sunday - 183.1 miles
- Leave Le Cabanon
- Arrive Hotel Roquemont

Day 2 - Monday - 173.7 miles
- Leave Hotel Roquemont
- Arrive Maison Carofanne

Day 3 - Tuesday - 222.1 miles
- Leave Maison Carofanne
- Arrive Hote Cateau Roberval

Day 4 - Wednesday - 233.1 miles
- Leave Hote Cateau Roberval
- Arrive Magasin general de Parent

Day 5 - Thursday - 142.1 miles 
- Leave Magasin general de Parent
- Arrive Pourvoirie Mekoos

Day 6 - Friday - 149.1 miles
- Leave Pourvoirie Mekoos
- Arrive Le Cabanon

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 8.41.46 AM.png

On 11/19/2023 at 9:45 AM, RIYAMAHA said:

Thank  mrgrumpers. That`s the   kind of info. I`m looking for! The guys I`m traveling with want to get more miles in, only week in Canada. Thank for your help!!

Bruce

Of course Bruce! I only get two weeks to go up so I feel your pain about getting the mileage in.  

Kyle

3 hours ago, RIYAMAHA said:

Change of plans ,making a loop   over to Val-d-Or! Paper map shows  rooms at Senneterre, but does not  give any info. about it! Anybody have any info for hotel there? Thanks

Bruce

Motel Au SenAbi in Senneterre. Been a few years since we stayed there but it was decent. No food on site but close by. Trail comes off the river to the road between the motel and the Ultramar gas station.

6 hours ago, RIYAMAHA said:

Is there  some place to eat in Parent ? 

The Central Hotel used to have a dining room however I don't know whether they still operate it or not. I believe that I had read that there were new owners a year or two ago and that they wanted to have the dining room open. You would be best to contact them for a firm answer.