Who's planning trips already?

smclelan

Have you been talking yet about where and when you want to sled this winter?

Andyman and I were talking yesterday, trying to plan some PQ trips for this winter. For me, there will be at least three 3 day trips and one 7-10 day trip. This is also the year that I will take my youngest daughter to the Gaspe. I had promised both my daughters that as they turned 18, I would take them sledding in PQ. I took my other daughter 2 yrs ago (smclelan17, HCS).

Its time to call Bonjour Quebec to order a set of trail maps. Then lay them out on a table and start planning over a cold one. :drinks:

Andyman and I were talking yesterday, trying to plan some PQ trips for this winter. For me, there will be at least three 3 day trips and one 7-10 day trip. This is also the year that I will take my youngest daughter to the Gaspe. I had promised both my daughters that as they turned 18, I would take them sledding in PQ. I took my other daughter 2 yrs ago (smclelan17, HCS).

Its time to call Bonjour Quebec to order a set of trail maps. Then lay them out on a table and start planning over a cold one. :drinks:

I forgot to mention yesterday that I already have a stack of 2007-2008 maps in my hands. All we need is snow,money.good looks,forget the good looks more money and lots of luck!

Andy

What is this guy doing to his sled? Is this where the luck comes in?

Is that the FAST Airwave Suspension? Did it have issues? My brother wants to order one this week.

Thanks

Gutz

Yes, that is a FAST Airwave Suspension. Rick loves his suspension, claims it is the best ride he has ever had. I should have said seals in the pump. His issue was with the hand pump he bought with it. That day it was very cold around minus 29 C, he stopped to change the pressure in the skid and the seals in the hand pump failed, so he then lost air pressure in the suspension through the hand pump. Since then Rick purchased the onboard air pump that can be adjusted while driving. It is now a completely closed system. He has seen that to really appreiciate what the skid can do, you should be changing it several times per day or when ever trail conditions change.

Is that the FAST Airwave Suspension? Did it have issues? My brother wants to order one this week.

Thanks

Gutz

Rick had one other issue and that was slides. This suspension has a tendency to go through slides if you run into low snow conditions. On our trip to Chibougamau last winter Rick completely burned through a set of slides and we had a difficult time to say the least to find replacements. The slides are a Polaris part number that was unknown to us so we had to get a number of sets and find the closest match. Not easy late Saturday afternoon when the local mechanics would rather be having a cool one with their buddies. We now know the exact part number and Rick is adding 2 extra idler wheels to help the problem. I am sure he would share the mysterious part number with other sledders in need.

Andy

..... of course we did.We might go to northern Ontario.If the trail between RDJ and Témiscamingue is open this winter, we will cross in Témiscamingue toward North Bay then heading north.If we are not going to Ontario.We are going to Abitibi.

Abitibi has awesome trails

I was worried the newest version was having issues, my brother (RedRocker) loves to spend money on the latest and greatest, i hate having to fix the latest and greatest on the side of the trail....

Thanks

Gutz

Yes, that is a FAST Airwave Suspension. Rick loves his suspension, claims it is the best ride he has ever had. I should have said seals in the pump. His issue was with the hand pump he bought with it. That day it was very cold around minus 29 C, he stopped to change the pressure in the skid and the seals in the hand pump failed, so he then lost air pressure in the suspension through the hand pump. Since then Rick purchased the onboard air pump that can be adjusted while driving. It is now a completely closed system. He has seen that to really appreiciate what the skid can do, you should be changing it several times per day or when ever trail conditions change.

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas to NY at the HI in Saguenay, then back up the 2nd week of Jan. Hopefully, some PA and NY trips, and then back to Quebec in mid Feb. I was hoping for a trip up around Thanksgiving, but the wife just signed me up for a trip to North Carolina the day after Thanksgiving. I asked her if she was nuts. There's no snow in North Carolina. Then she informs me we have a meeting in LA the first week of Dec. I am really going to be pissed if it snows close to home and I am away.

Christmas to NY at the HI in Saguenay, then back up the 2nd week of Jan. Hopefully, some PA and NY trips, and then back to Quebec in mid Feb. I was hoping for a trip up around Thanksgiving, but the wife just signed me up for a trip to North Carolina the day after Thanksgiving. I asked her if she was nuts. There's no snow in North Carolina. Then she informs me we have a meeting in LA the first week of Dec. I am really going to be pissed if it snows close to home and I am away.

i hope it snows in potter and ny for two weeks straight while your away!!! ha ha

My wife and i are planing a extend trip this year. We want to link together the different place's that we have rode before. Hopefuly we can start in NY then to Quebec , Ontario , around Lake Superior then finish back in Quebec. We got the time all we need is snoooooooooooow lots of it. :good:

My wife and i are planing a extend trip this year. We want to link together the different place's that we have rode before. Hopefuly we can start in NY then to Quebec , Ontario , around Lake Superior then finish back in Quebec. We got the time all we need is snoooooooooooow lots of it. :good:

WOW!! That sounds like a good trip. You must be planning at least 2 weeks?

Hey Snowbound,

We'll be heading up I81 on the 26th. Where in Quebec are you going. We used to go to St. Michelle every Christmas, but started going to Lac St. Jean last year.

Bill

I will go to the area with the best conditions. Mostly we start out in Shawinigan and head north to the Mt. Valins and circle Lac St. Jean or head across the north side of the Saguenay river and out to Tadoussac and back around the south side then head south. It just depends, last year we rode mostly in the Gaspesie as they had the best snow. I hope to leave from Shawinigan this year and head up to Roberval then on to Chibougamau then onto Val-d'or and spend some time in the Abitibi, it's been several years since riding the western area. Last year I thought Lac St. Jean was really getting crowded. Years ago St. Donat was a blast then it became the Old Forge of Quebec, So off To Lac St. Jean we went now that is getting busy. Are you from PA also??

Three year's ago i took my daughter and my grand son to Gaspe that what memories are made of. :good: