Sled Rentals Near Saguenay??

ultrastryk

I am taking some friend up to the HI from Christmas to NY and need to rent some sleds. Are there any good rental operations in that area?

THe last time I took some non-sledders to Quebec, we staying in St. Michelle where there is a large rental operation that even rents the suits and helmets. I am hoping to find an operation like that near Lac St. Jean.

Thanks

Bill

I am taking some friend up to the HI from Christmas to NY and need to rent some sleds. Are there any good rental operations in that area?

THe last time I took some non-sledders to Quebec, we staying in St. Michelle where there is a large rental operation that even rents the suits and helmets. I am hoping to find an operation like that near Lac St. Jean.

Thanks

Bill

Bill

I answered your PM but I'll also answer here.

Evasion Sport D.R. They are located on Rt 170, about 7 miles from the HI. Go east on 70, towards La Baie, the 4 laner, that comes back onto 170. On left hand side of road. Trail #368 crosses 170 just past their place. Web site is www.evasion-sport.com Phone # is 418-678-2481. They are Arctic Cat/Yamaha dealer. They have sleds, clothing and helmets for rent. Nice people to deal with.

Bill

Speaking of rentals, What are the prices of rentals in Canada? The last time I rented was in VT at 250 a day OUCH!!!!

I have friends that ask me (How much would it cost to come to Quebec, rent a sled and ride for 3 days?) And realistically my answer is $1300 at least after all expenses

That was the best part of riding in the St. Zenon area. Michelle's rentals were only $110-150 a day depending on the machine. He had a fleet of 200+ machines, so it rarely ran out.

I am hoping to find something in this range near Saguenay.

Bill

You could try calling them at 418 678 2481 or try evasion-sport.com. Both times Ive been there nobody spoke much english so it may be tough to get prices over the phone.If that doesnt work I would try going to the web site and request a rental price list with your address. :drinks:

I rented a Jaguar Cat from Evasion last year. It was $250.00 a day. They also took a credit card impression and you have to sign a $2,000 authorization to charge card in case of damage. Unfortnately I rolled the sled. That cost me an additional $381.00 they were very fair about the deal. I was expecting a lot bigger bill than that.

If I were to rent again I would try the Yamaha. The Cat ran well but was a spooky handler.

Good company to deal with.

I rented a Jaguar Cat from Evasion last year. It was $250.00 a day. They also took a credit card impression and you have to sign a $2,000 authorization to charge card in case of damage. Unfortnately I rolled the sled. That cost me an additional $381.00 they were very fair about the deal. I was expecting a lot bigger bill than that.

If I were to rent again I would try the Yamaha. The Cat ran well but was a spooky handler.

Good company to deal with.

hey Phil, you should've got the training wheels with the Jag, would have kept ya from rolling! :drinks:

They gave me a good quote for 4 sleds. They said they are AC 660 Four strokes. I am trying to find out if those are turbo 660s or just plain 660's. I remember renting some AC 4 strokes in yellowstone the other year that wouldn't get out of their own way.

That wouldn't be fun for my new recruits.

They gave me a good quote for 4 sleds. They said they are AC 660 Four strokes. I am trying to find out if those are turbo 660s or just plain 660's. I remember renting some AC 4 strokes in yellowstone the other year that wouldn't get out of their own way.

That wouldn't be fun for my new recruits.

The 660 that I rented from Evasion last season was a turbo.

A buddy that blew his sled 2 years ago rented a 660 from Evasion and it was a Turbo. Kind of cool, good power and if I remember right it was the older style chassis and rode & handeled well enug for Canada trails.