Warning for Skidoo Owners

MrGutz

Hey Everybody!

I know this is not a Tech Forum, but I was cleaning up the Old Etec this weekend and found the Carb Boots were Tearing and Delaminating. I know my brothers are hard on equipment, but I can not blame them for this one. So even if you sled is only 2 years old, check over the Carb Boots real good. The Dealer said it was the first ones he's seen on the XP Chassis (not sure I beleive him). Anyways they want 210+ for a set of new ones. I ordered a set from a guy in Alma, QC. 140.00 to my door.

Later

GutZ

Hey Everybody!

I know this is not a Tech Forum, but I was cleaning up the Old Etec this weekend and found the Carb Boots were Tearing and Delaminating. I know my brothers are hard on equipment, but I can not blame them for this one. So even if you sled is only 2 years old, check over the Carb Boots real good. The Dealer said it was the first ones he's seen on the XP Chassis (not sure I beleive him). Anyways they want 210+ for a set of new ones. I ordered a set from a guy in Alma, QC. 140.00 to my door.

Later

GutZ

There is also a recall for the pistons on the 10 and 11 etec 800s! Dealer just told me about it last weekend!!

Hey Everybody!

Later

GutZ

Thanks for the update

Just an FYI for the E-tec owners out there including myself with a 2012 800E-tec.

The boots that Ski-Doo has on them are still having issues with delaminating and cracking, same boot is even on the 2012 engine. Currently the outfit that Makes BOYESEN Reeds near me is developing an aluminum replacement reed boot for the engines. They have replacements for the old rev chasis, half boots for the 800r because of chasis clearance. As soon as i know more about the E-tecs I will post. Affordable and quality made. If you would like to contact Boysen Reeds you can find them on the web: www.boyesen.com

Good honest people with quality parts for snowmobile riders.

Holly Crap... I think I would rather give up steering and suspension for reliablity. What do you think... Jackstraw??

Lol... Just stiring the pot.

HaHa, thats why I'm going with the 1200! Maybe your on to something, maybe lack of steering and suspension is the way to go!

HaHa, thats why I'm going with the 1200! Maybe your on to something, maybe lack of steering and suspension is the way to go!

it would keep trail speeds down and increase fuel economy too.

GutZ

MrGutz I deal with Walts in Derby Vt. Unbelievable service is an understatement. They will do whatever it takes to keep you on the trail. When my motor blew they had a new long block in and back riding in 1 day! They do things like this time after time. All around great people to deal with.

I deal with Walts in Derby Vt

+1 for Walts. I picked up my sleds today at Walts, great folks to deal with. Now the new sled (a used low miles creampuff) is all dressed up and no where to go!

Since Walts is within 2 miles of I-91 near border crossings, I often drop sleds off (after hours or weekends, sometimes with trailer sometimes not) when heading back into NH from a PQ trip and pick up on the next trip north.

Oh, by the way Happy 62nd Birthday today Ed! (owner of Walts). Anyone that knows Ed and wants to call and razz him with a belated greeting, I'm positive his wife would appreciate it :yahoo: , she had signs plastered on the door and all over the shop today. 802-766-5583 Payback is a ^#($&!

Edited by NH-Moose