trail conditions

tamarac

:good: alright heres the scoop, during this week we got rain on wednesday, so know we've got a good bottom crust, and as of friday noon its been snowing since yesterday, not a full on storm but not to gentil either.... howere you can not go on the trails here yet they haven't been groomed but if you want to get in a short ride before the official season you can come up the lepine road, or some people call it the chemin des draveur.... Hope to see you all soon

snow white and big al :drinks:

:good: alright heres the scoop, during this week we got rain on wednesday, so know we've got a good bottom crust, and as of friday noon its been snowing since yesterday, not a full on storm but not to gentil either.... howere you can not go on the trails here yet they haven't been groomed but if you want to get in a short ride before the official season you can come up the lepine road, or some people call it the chemin des draveur.... Hope to see you all soon

Where can we start from on ch.Lepine?

No snow in Maniwaki.It reminds me of December 2006.Where the hell is old man winter :unsure:

Dear Carole and Alain.....hope to see you in January

here's a map (different then the one on the woodrunnertrail website) with the rerouted trail around Baskatong Reservoir to avoid the plowed Lepine road.

sentiers_motoneige_haute_resolution.jpg

Keep us posted we are looking forward to going up after Christmas, hopefully Santa is good to me and mother nature does her snow dance. Looking forward at starting from Mt. Laurier and seeing where we end up from there. :drinks:

Alright everyone, The sleds are tuned and polished to the max with no snow in upstate ny,New to the sport and want to head north next week, Need some info on where to go, don't mind traveling a ways so any info on trails that are open would be great.

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1985 This is your best bet...Read on...

Edited by Phil 1

:drinks::drinks:

We will be up to CLOVA january 13-14-15- hope the snow is deep & beer`s cold.....

I don't know, but according to the snow depth chart there isn't a flake anywhere near there. :angry:

I don't know, but according to the snow depth chart there isn't a flake anywhere near there. :angry:

guy from Barrage Gouin said on the french forum this week that they will start to groom TQ 83 in the Gouin-Parent-Clova area.According to him... they have a foot of snow.

If you're looking at the snow depth chart on here....It's not up to date.

here's one http://www.theweathernetwork.com/snow/index?ref=topnav_homepage_snow

Where can we start from on ch.Lepine?

Just spoke with someone at the Classic, i was told there are no groomed trails in the area and not very much snow to begin with, all snowmobiling at the moment is off trailing. You can ride ch Lepine up to Clova beginning from Vimont i was told.

Looking forward to run up to Clova during the holidays. I'm a lone rider now, riding buddy sold his sled. Anyone what to me a run up to Clova PM me.

Just spoke with someone at the Classic, i was told there are no groomed trails in the area and not very much snow to begin with, all snowmobiling at the moment is off trailing. You can ride ch Lepine up to Clova beginning from Vimont i was told.

Looking forward to run up to Clova during the holidays. I'm a lone rider now, riding buddy sold his sled. Anyone what to me a run up to Clova PM me.

I think we all just found out who your riding is/was!

I usually drop my truck and trailer off at the Classic and start from there. Mid Range- Any idea if the La Verendrye Park trail is open again this year, its a sweet ride up the trail to Val D'Or, I think the Val D'Or club was grooming it last year...

Here's to hoping there's a white Christmas up North!

I usually drop my truck and trailer off at the Classic and start from there. Mid Range- Any idea if the La Verendrye Park trail is open again this year, its a sweet ride up the trail to Val D'Or, I think the Val D'Or club was grooming it last year...

Here's to hoping there's a white Christmas up North!

The Park is maintained by Val d'Or til Le Domaine. We groom til Le Domaine and yes it will be open.As for the Park,never heard or read it won't be open.Our club have just replaced a bridge near Lepine road on TQ 63.It is an important link between Abitibi and the Outaouais region so don't worry it will be business as usual.Will keep you posted when the Park will be open.We need a substantial snowfall.