A few pictures from last week end

Je me souviens

Shannon and I got into town Thursday afternoon, went for a small ride, then tucked away for the night. Friday headed towards Sacre Coeur, met team Maine racing at the Chapel, had a nice chat, wish I could download his mental trail map of the area, sounds like has a few trick up his sleeve. Also met a guy that drove up from Virginia, his travel time eclipsed mine, made me feel like I was a little less insane for going up there for the a few days. Saturday we went up Bras Louis, back down to Onatchiway for lunch, took the private club trails back to the main drag, Sunday headed for a quick buzz on the fresh groomed. Total 400 miles logged on sled. Not a bad start for the year, conditions ranged widely, excellent to poor, I would do it again tomorrow. Here are some pics

Edited by Je me souviens

Here are a few more...

Great pics-we spoke on the phone last weekend-we're heading up on 12/27-can't wait!

I'm hoping they open more trails by then-called up there today-they got another foot of snow from last night to this morning!

All of the lodging in Mt Valin is booked next week-Im still looking for a place to stay in Mt Valin vs down in the village.

Thanks again for the pics!

Speedy

Here are a few more...

Where were these pics taken?

Speedy

Speedy, I thought that was you. Did you call Onatchiway? They are really nice people, a little further west of the Chapel, which might not be a bad thing, as that seems to be ground zero for all the Honiaks.

The last set of pics were taken on Sunday morning as I ran up the highway known as Bras Louis.

Worst come to worst just book a room at the Holiday INN (HI) in Jonquiere and drive up for the day, I know it's not ideal, but sure beats not having a place to stay. I think one of the other members might have suggested that already, it is a viable option.

When I spoke with one Maurice's employees at the place you called when we spoke, he told me that Saturday night there was not a room to be found in town near the hill, I would bet that is right for just about every week end for the next month

Come to think of it, you could stay on the other side of the mountain at Hotel Pelchat, Martin is responsible for grooming the Pelchat trail, and is extremely well versed with the area. Just another option for you if the choices become limited.

Speedy

Speedy, I thought that was you. Did you call Onatchiway? They are really nice people, a little further west of the Chapel, which might not be a bad thing, as that seems to be ground zero for all the Honiaks.

The last set of pics were taken on Sunday morning as I ran up the highway known as Bras Louis.

Worst come to worst just book a room at the Holiday INN (HI) in Jonquiere and drive up for the day, I know it's not ideal, but sure beats not having a place to stay. I think one of the other members might have suggested that already, it is a viable option.

When I spoke with one Maurice's employees at the place you called when we spoke, he told me that Saturday night there was not a room to be found in town near the hill, I would bet that is right for just about every week end for the next month

Come to think of it, you could stay on the other side of the mountain at Hotel Pelchat, Martin is responsible for grooming the Pelchat trail, and is extremely well versed with the area. Just another option for you if the choices become limited.

Thanks for the info-is this the place in Onatchiway?

http://www.aubergequebec.info

Glad to see Shannons back on the saddle, do you think we will ever see a pic of her with her helmet off ? Maybe feeding the birds on Black Mountain. Anyway Shannon glad to see you've recovered and MAYBE George will slow down a little. :yahoo: Have a great season !!