To Kanawata

Rick M

Hello everyone, looking for a little advise. Coming up February 23rd, leaving St. Michel at 1:00pm. I’m thinking of my final destination of “Kanawata” for that night. Could I make it to the “Repo” for my first fuel stop and what time to do think I would get to each of these locations? We will a group of two double sleds.

If you leave at 1 pm you should easily make it to Kanawata before dark. Make sure you make reservations there! They sometimes fill up with tour groups .What are you riding? I fueled at Kanawata last year and made it all the way back to Le Cabanon without making another stop. That was on a Polaris with fresh snow on the trail. I think it was around 125 miles.

Thanks for the confidence. Were renting two Ski-Doo 600 E-Tec's touring sleds from Location Haute Matawinie in St. Michel Des Saints. I'm figuring we'll stop for a soup & fuel at the "Repo" then up to "Kanawata". I just didn’t want to get the hotel too late, wanted to enjoy some evening time there. Do you think before 9PM? We are experienced sledders and don’t mind laying down some tracks.

There is no reason you can't make the trip by dark just like 600 HO said. I would highly reccommend fueling at Repos no matter what you are riding. You never know if yu miss a turn or have another problem thatis unforseen. 600 HO's mileage is pretty close depending on the route you take. And def. call more than a day ahead for Kanawata you will love it there beautiful lodge in the middle of nowhere. Enjoy :drinks:

Call ahead to Kanawata, they need to know your arrival time for supper, especially if you're expecting o be in after 6-7. Not sure how late they will serve you.

There is no menu, they make 1 meal, and its always good!

Ask at repo the best way to Kanawata, its off the main tq trails by 15 miles or so. Sometimes ride the road from repo.

Great stop, just remote outfitter type place

Call ahead to Kanawata, they need to know your arrival time for supper, especially if you're expecting o be in after 6-7. Not sure how late they will serve you.

There is no menu, they make 1 meal, and its always good!

Ask at repo the best way to Kanawata, its off the main tq trails by 15 miles or so. Sometimes ride the road from repo.

Great stop, just remote outfitter type place

Kanawata, good stop neet place will go back. :good:

There is no reason you can't make the trip by dark just like 600 HO said. I would highly reccommend fueling at Repos no matter what you are riding. You never know if yu miss a turn or have another problem thatis unforseen. 600 HO's mileage is pretty close depending on the route you take. And def. call more than a day ahead for Kanawata you will love it there beautiful lodge in the middle of nowhere. Enjoy :drinks:

Ya! the trail last year came out pretty far south of Repo. I would of had to run about 20 north and then back track after fueling, so I made the decition to go for it and at the dam crossing I was getting nervous with the low fuel flashing on both sleds. But I made it back with about 2 gallons to spare. Normally I would of topped off if not for the reroute. I do not now where the trail comes out this year, It is different every time I go up there.

Ya! the trail last year came out pretty far south of Repo. I would of had to run about 20 north and then back track after fueling, so I made the decition to go for it and at the dam crossing I was getting nervous with the low fuel flashing on both sleds. But I made it back with about 2 gallons to spare. Normally I would of topped off if not for the reroute. I do not now where the trail comes out this year, It is different every time I go up there.

This years map shows the 369 beginning at Repos. Either way, if there's fresh snow, you can always take the road...

This years map shows the 369 beginning at Repos. Either way, if there's fresh snow, you can always take the road...

A few weeks ago Alain told me the trail leaving Repos toward Kanawata looked to be on the road instead of the ditch at least to the Tee. Many times we will take the road all the wat to Kanawata's driveway but a word of caution: I have already taken the road and committed to doing that all the way to Kanawata only to go 15 miles up and find it plowed and sanded for logging.....FYI :drinks: If Chateauvert is not open full time as they say then that is why 369 starts at Repos and not off of 345 20 miles sooner because of the gas situation.

When we went north from repo on saturday the road was a great snowmobile trail , return sunday and it was plowed all the way from Chateauvert ! Looks like there working on a trail.

That could be a sign that Chateauvert is going to open. That is the way they get gas and supplies in there in the winter.

Sure looks that way , was open and sleds there both days.

Hey dooright, when you leave Repos and head up 369 you go out the road and come to a tee and make a left. Then you go up the road a short distance and the trail to Chateauvert turns right but the main road goes straight, what did the road that goes straight look like? Was it plowed and/or sanded? Thanks for the info

Hey dooright, when you leave Repos and head up 369 you go out the road and come to a tee and make a left. Then you go up the road a short distance and the trail to Chateauvert turns right but the main road goes straight, what did the road that goes straight look like? Was it plowed and/or sanded? Thanks for the info

As of yesterday it was still unplowed

Last years map showed 369 beginning there also but that was not the case. The way it was routed last was not a bad trail, it just did come out where I thought it would.