Headed to the HS Saturday!

nowa

I just booked 2 rooms at the Hotel Saguenay for Saturday thru Monday night. Tuesday we are gonna do a 3 day saddlebag trip anyone have any suggestions? Leave the HS Tuesday am and return there Thursday pm. 250 miles a day or a little more would be good. Thanks in advance. Jim

Chibougamau? Then back over top of Lac st jean and to lets see maybe Dolbeau? Auberege Dilligence. Then thru scooby raid and onitchaway then back thru mt valin to HS?

Over to Escumins, up to Forestville, stay the night. Next day up to Bai Comeau for lunch, go over the longest suspension bridge in the world, back down to Sacre Coeur for the night. Last day back to the HS, short way via 93, long way over the Ferry and back under the Saguenay.

or

Up to Chibougamu for the night, then down to Senniterre and then stay at Lac Fillion, they back to the HS. Big trip, big miles, you can do in reverse too.

Over to Escumins, up to Forestville, stay the night. Next day up to Bai Comeau for lunch, go over the longest suspension bridge in the world, back down to Sacre Coeur for the night. Last day back to the HS, short way via 93, long way over the Ferry and back under the Saguenay.

or

Up to Chibougamu for the night, then down to Senniterre and then stay at Lac Fillion, they back to the HS. Big trip, big miles, you can do in reverse too.

Thats a great trip, and I hear up towards that way are good conditions.

And the bridge is definitely something to see.

Markusvt

I have not been that far north; can you provide a little more detail on the location of the bridge[/size]?

I have gone as far as Sacre Coeur (I was told you fall off the end of the earth if you go farther north) :pardon:

Thought we may take a look for ourselves this year.

We will be up at the HI from the 28 - 5th and we are looking at 1 or 2 saddlebag nights.

Last year we stayed in Sacre Coeur for one night as we looped around the river

Thank you in advance

Schooter

Edited by schooter

Markusvt

I have not been that far north; can you provide a little more detail on the location of the bridge[/size]?

I have gone as far as Sacre Coeur (I was told you fall off the end of the earth if you go farther north) :pardon:

We will be up at the HI from the 28 - 5th and we are looking at 1 or 2 saddlebag nights.

The bridge is near Baie-Comeau. The bridge carries TQ 3 over the Manicouagan River, I believe.

post-202-0-67783100-1326995637_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the reply,

Looks impressive

Sacre Coeur is nowhere near to far north. Lots of paved roads, city's and nice trails WAY further north. Bridge is on the main trail, 787 feet long, 100 feet high, very, very cool.

377 miles north on the trail from Quebec City to the bridge via the trail.

Markusvt

Thank you in advance

Schooter

• 2 weeks later...

2. The longest snowmobile bridge in North America!

It’s impossible to talk about a snowmobile trip in Côte-Nord without mentioning the bridge that crosses the Manicouagan River near Baie-Comeau.

Passerelle Baie-Comeau

cote-nord_motoneige_web.jpg

© Marc Loiselle

Its reputation extends beyond borders, and even people who have not yet visited the region have heard of it. About 700 feet long and nearly 95 feet above the river, the structure is very impressive—you’ll want to take a picture to show all your friends!

http://www.quebecmaritime.ca/blog/en/2160/motoneige-cote-nord-snowmobile/

2. The longest snowmobile bridge in North America!

It’s impossible to talk about a snowmobile trip in Côte-Nord without mentioning the bridge that crosses the Manicouagan River near Baie-Comeau.

Passerelle Baie-Comeau

cote-nord_motoneige_web.jpg

© Marc Loiselle

Its reputation extends beyond borders, and even people who have not yet visited the region have heard of it. About 700 feet long and nearly 95 feet above the river, the structure is very impressive—you’ll want to take a picture to show all your friends!

http://www.quebecmaritime.ca/blog/en/2160/motoneige-cote-nord-snowmobile/

We went acroos that bridge 2 weeks ago, was wondering why it's so high up in the air? It was starting to get dark and looked like there was a dam to the one side. Ships go under?