Lanaudiere report

snowfarmer

This trip was put together monday night at 8 o clock. So unplanned that tuesday morning when the three of us met up at seven we still didn't know where we were going.We had all the quebec maps with us in the truck so we headed east on the 401 to Quebec.I had some replys from a coulple of people on this fourm about snow fall amounts and rain so we knew the more north the better we'd be.We were little unorganized which lead us to running out of fuel on the 401.When the big Chevy gas says 35 km left to empty its not. Its out right then and there.We did have a new siphon hose and a can and full sleds.Just a little blib.

We have ended up at Auberge Du Vieux Moulin in Saint Emelie de L Energie.Never been here before but a very nice place.Great family run business with great food ,hot tub ,pool etc.This area has had rain then a skiff of snow afterwards.Not much damage to the trails.

Our ride on wed was on hard packed frozen surfaces.Icy in courners and runs up hills would have stutter bumps.Most trails had been groomed sunday night or being groomed as we rode.We rode trails 63 south to Saint Gabriel 7/10.Then 345/341 to Saint Come.Most of this trail had been either just groomed or was being groomed.Stayed on 341 through Coin Lavigne to 33 to Saint Donat and did black Mountain.Same here ran into a couple of groomers or had been done after the storm.Came back through the park on 310/33/341 all was good .Flat and fast.Local trail from Coin Lavigne to hotel.206 great miles.

There is a groomer based out of this hotel and its broke down but hope to have it up and going on friday.We usally like to saddle bag it but have deciede to stay and do loops.Will report again.Oh and buy the way we called Bob aka highmigher to see if he wanted to join us.He drove all Tuesday night (9 hours) no sleep to met and and ride with us.Their is some serious snow dependency! Yea Hah.

Edited by snowfarmer

Thanks snowfarmer, great report :good:

With the new snow on the way beginning in few hours, we will have incredible trails conditions soon.

Can't wait to ride again... B) but only this next monday for me ...

Alain

.....so I(& everyone else on here) expect a full ride report with photo's Tuesday morning!!!!!!!

Alain let me know if it will be worth going to St. Come on Monday Feb.6th to see ice sculptures?

Will be in St. Donat Sunday night (Feb 5th) and going to Repos Monday night, so if it is worth going out of the way to St. Come? (wives want to see this!)....Thanks!

Glad to hear you got away and are getting a good ride in! Good work Highmiler!! Wow, you guys must have the same blood as me! Watch the weather! If it looks like you are going to get 'snowed in' please let me know so I can get there in time!

Safe trip!

Linda

Snowfarmer and highmiler pictures...they are having trouble and have asked me to be the club secretary! Wait till these guys see my bill! lol

Thanks Linda.I cant figure out a P.C worse when its in french.

Ok , todays report it was all GOOD!! The clubs have all been out groomimg setting up the base, getting ready for the new snow.The groomer is fixed here and is out tonight. We rode 63 north through St Zenon it was all groomed. Then 23 to 345 all fresh groomed. 360 top of the park all freshly groomed.To be honest the river was the ruffest trail we rode today except for 23 on the bottom side of the park for the first 10 or so miles out of Grand Mere.345 /350 a lot of stutter bumps but one grooming will fix that.So we did 250 miles today and with snow on the way it can only get better for those of you who will ride next week.Enjoy!!

.....so I(& everyone else on here) expect a full ride report with photo's Tuesday morning!!!!!!!

Alain let me know if it will be worth going to St. Come on Monday Feb.6th to see ice sculptures?

Will be in St. Donat Sunday night (Feb 5th) and going to Repos Monday night, so if it is worth going out of the way to St. Come? (wives want to see this!)....Thanks!

:lol:.........I create expectations...... ;)

Maybe St-Côme would be a good idea for my monday ride... Anyway, I would already tell you unless they get rain (wich not seems to be on the forecasts) that it will worth it. The officials dates are from 28 january to 12 february for their ice sculpture festival. We see from the pics that it's already begin...

Thanks again snowfarmer and especially Linda to put the pics online, great !!! :good:

:drinks:

Alain

Hi Alain!

I think I better go and check this St. Come place out! It looks like the place to be!

Happy Trails!

Linda

You're right Linda, there are a bunch of carver that realize real art pieces each years there. As a teaser, here some pics of last year..

DSC09307.jpg

DSC09313.jpg

On a more humoristic note, this Moes bar scene from the simpsons

DSC09320.jpg

DSC09321.jpg

with Bart and his friend making graffities on the wall of the bar

DSC09324.jpg

DSC09340.jpg

DSC09335.jpg

DSC09290.jpg

And this piece from 2007 edition that impressed me the most

DSC01776.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

Alain

Thanks Alain... the Ladies will enjoy it (St. Come)....just wont tell them it will make the ride much longer !!! (to Repos)

Next week is going to be the longest week at work.....cant wait to leave!

These guys sure know how to keep a girl feeling needed! And in the wrong place! I should be there!! And now its snowing too!

New looking sled! Almost looks like a car!

Those are some nice pics of the trail up there, with this new snow blowing in i can't imagine what they will be like aftrwards.

Hmmm now i need to go and burn some gas.lol.

Does anybody know what was that car doing in the trail???

Just thinking...with the low/no snow conditions this winter (especially where I am in Ontario). We won't need to hear any Valentines Day excuses like...sorry, can't ride, have to be home for Valentines Day!??? Send flowers! Let's ride!

Well the word for the day was SNOW! Lots of it just over 20 cms. Trail report snow ,snow and more snow.We tried to run as much powder ,pack and get the air out of the snow so that next week you guys riding will have great trails.Did 130 miles today and that was hard but it was all good .Enjoy!Thanks Linda for posting pics .Oh yeah the guy in the car was following his GPS it was a hydro service rd. We pushed him out, he had to back up over a mile to get out.

Here are a couple of more from the guys! Have a safe trip home fellows and Don't leave with out me again! lol

Well... Hard for me to not ride this weekend <_<

The hard flat trail bases made by the thaw from the beginning of the week are now coated with a 8"+ of new stuff in the north and even at home in the south...This last snow drop now make the trail network for Lanaudière and Mauricie 100% operational with outstanding conditions...what the hell I do infront a computer :crazy:

For those who doubt, no question...what we were all waiting now happened and the full playground is waiting for us... :D :yahoo:

Thanks again snowfarmer and Linda for the feedback and pics :good:

Alain

Well... Hard for me to not ride this weekend <_<

The hard flat trail bases made by the thaw from the beginning of the week are now coated with a 8"+ of new stuff in the north and even at home in the south...This last snow drop now make the trail network for Lanaudière and Mauricie 100% operational with outstanding conditions...what the hell I do infront a computer :crazy:

For those who doubt, no question...what we were all waiting now happened and the full playground is waiting for us... :D :yahoo:

Thanks again snowfarmer and Linda for the feedback and pics :good:

Alain

Alain up near st-donat we got very little rain it snowed most of the day yesterday and it looks like more today. Conditions are the best so far this season.

Had a great time,special thanks to Snowfarmer for the invite!!! Also to his mates,Richard+Mark for allowing me to join the group.And what a great group to ride with!!Fun guys,with no bitching just sleddding!!!!Also hope I can still ride like you Rich when I'm your age!!Or should I say if I make it to your Age!! :p

Thanks also Lindasledgirl for posting pic's so all could enjoy the trip along with us. :drinks:

Had a nasty drive home,but made it safe and sound.Phone is already ringing with plans for next Que. ride 2nd. week of feb. :yahoo:

Thank's again,later HM!! :good:

Had a great time,special thanks to Snowfarmer for the invite!!! Also to his mates,Richard+Mark for allowing me to join the group.And what a great group to ride with!!Fun guys,with no bitching just sleddding!!!!Also hope I can still ride like you Rich when I'm your age!!Or should I say if I make it to your Age!! :p

Thanks also Lindasledgirl for posting pic's so all could enjoy the trip along with us. :drinks:

Had a nasty drive home,but made it safe and sound.Phone is already ringing with plans for next Que. ride 2nd. week of feb. :yahoo:

Thank's again,later HM!! :good:

Most welcome!! Now about that phone ringing...second week thing! My phone didn't ring...you guys better not leave with out me again. I don't 'bitch' lol I am leaving on the 9th of Feb and will leave from North Bay area head into Val Dor area. Are you riding with me?

Linda