Impromptu Quebec Riders meet in Abitibi western chapter

snowfarmer

Another unplanned ride which came together very quickly. Linda ,Richard and myself got drop off in Maniwaki on Sunday the 5th. I'm lucky to have staff that works for me that was willing to drop us off and bring truck back to the farm.Had talk to Andyman and Timbo and said they would be going through this area that we could meet up and ride a day or two together.Our plan was to meet at Rabaska and ride on together on monday at noon. Didn't happen. I was late starting due to sled problems ,but the Skidoo dealer in Maniwaki had me up and going by 10;30. Great dealership.We rode the Mt Laurier area up through Rabaska to Clova.All the trails were great except for the last part out of evasion on lepine road to Clova due to broke down groomer in the middle of the trail.Hooked up with the boys in Clova. Andyman,Timbo, Ross,Mubs,Smclelan, And Thad.Had a nice Cabin and a great Dinner.

The next day we rode to Senneterre via 83 all was great. Had not been groomed for a little while from Clova to Balbuzzard but still good.(Broken Groomer).Next day we left the gang as they headed north and we headed west.Trails were primo from Senneterre west.83 ,309 locals to Rouyan All great. 83 south to our stop for the night in Remigny was perfect. I would like to comment on this bed and breakfast call Le Vieux Presbytere (got it off the Abitibi map) Great place ,great food, the hosts are great. Can sleep from 4-6 people and they have a hot tub all for 65$ a night ,your two meals included. Its a steal!

The last day we took 303,63 to Temiscaming then on to North Bay to pick up my truck.Lindas friend brought it for me cause she is still out riding and will post pics when she gets back in.@ 800 miles of riding in an area i don't get to much but should and will very soon.I like it when a plan comes together.

post-280-0-85178000-1329139490_thumb.jpg

Edited by snowfarmer

I'm not sure never looked out the back .It was Dominics but was not to far from the school house.It could be. Got in when it was dark and the sun was rising when we took this picture. Nice place we slept 9 of us and could of slept 2 more.

Edited by snowfarmer

The only thing missing was you Jean Guy!

I have pictures...on my way home from 2600 km of heaven! Post tomorrow.

The only thing missing was you Jean Guy!

I have pictures...on my way home from 2600 km of heaven! Post tomorrow.

hi linda !!

ha!!ha!! im too busy here !!today ,coldest day of the season for grooming !!

i ll wait for the pics !!

jean-guy

Sorry for the delay on this trail report! I have been out sledding (too much) and I am way behind.

Now that I am all 'trained' by Mr. Snowfarmer....when he says get in your truck and just get here...I will listen and just do as told. But to be honest when I was already all the way to Kearney and thinking I was going to ride from North Bay (a short trip away) to Quebec and then got told to drive to Port Perry....I was a little unglued. I did it, I got there and we headed to Maniwaki so we could ride north and meet up with the Quebec Rider group. First thing I must say is I don't need to figure anything out. I just have to remain packed and pray that I get invited to ride with these guys again. I had a SPECTACULAR time. One of those trips of a lifetime. I have to say a special thanks to David (Snowfarmer) for the great planning and organization of this trip and to Andy, Steve, Timbo and the crew for hooking up with us (and pulling me from the ditch lol).

Thanks again!

Linda

One of my most breath taking moments...and I know these guys went out of their way to take me there as they have been many times before. Thanks!!

And then the place with great hot chocolate, a very nice waitress (ask the guys) and surrounded by 'the surface of the moon' type scenery from a forest fire. Balbuzard Sauvage (just west of Clova on the 83).

great pics linda !!merci !!

i noticed there was no wine on the table !!ha!!ha!!

jean-guy :drinks:

I saved all the wine for when I come to visit you!

Linda

PS...ask snowfarmer what happens when I drink lol

ha!!ha!! thanks !!

better practice yourself to drink a few glasses in a row !!!ha!!ha!!

jean-guy :drinks:

You have no idea what you are saying lol