Trail 386 Abitibi region

600IQHO

I am planning on departing Lac Fallion on 3/4 and I am thinking of heading down 386 to 63 and over to Mont Laurier region,if conditions are still good. Is there any place to stop on this trail, gas and food? I do not currently have a good map of this area.

I am planning on departing Lac Fallion on 3/4 and I am thinking of heading down 386 to 63 and over to Mont Laurier region,if conditions are still good. Is there any place to stop on this trail, gas and food? I do not currently have a good map of this area.

There is gas and food at kitsisakik indian Reserve which is about +- 35 miles from Louvicourt.Louvicourt is not far off R386.Just a few miles.

Then you have gas at Pourvoirie Laverendrye in case you can't make it to Le Domaine.Pourvoirie Laverendrye is +- 10 miles off TQ 63

Then you have gas and food at Le Domaine.

Kitsisakik - Le Domaine is +- 115 miles

Le Domaine-Classic Restaurant in Lytton +- 45 miles.

There is gas and food at kitsisakik indian Reserve which is about +- 35 miles from Louvicourt.Louvicourt is not far off R386.Just a few miles.

Then you have gas at Pourvoirie Laverendrye in case you can't make it to Le Domaine.Pourvoirie Laverendrye is +- 10 miles off TQ 63

Then you have gas and food at Le Domaine.

Kitsisakik - Le Domaine is +- 115 miles

Le Domaine-Classic Restaurant in Lytton +- 45 miles.

Thanks Mid Range! Never rode those trails and all I have is a placemat that is a couple years old to look at right now. It looks like there used to be a local trail that went from Clova to Reservoir Baskatong, I take it that trail is not there any more? It does not show up on Explora.

Dave I have been through 386 before and it is a pretty nice trail. Be forewarned however once you get to 63 it is usually terrible at least until Le Domaine. It is a shame and I don't know the explanation because it is not a bd trail just not maintained. From Domaine to Le Classic is usually better but by no means great. I avoid this trail whenever possible. As far as the old trail to the Baskatong I that think that may have been changed when they started using the Lepine road. That is the trail that you see when you leave Clova heading east on 83 it goes straight where 83 makes the left to Parent. Hope this helps. :drinks:

Rode the 63 from Bellettere all the way thru to La Domaine exactly one week ago tonight ( the 16th) and it was MINT !!

The entrance to Joncas had snow all pushed up against it like they didnt want anybody in there.

Gas at the outfitter 9 miles off the trail was 2.00/litre !!!! He was FULL on a thursday night.

The cafeteria closes at 8 pm at Domaine and the gas about 9:00-9:30.

Stayed in the bunkhouse this time at Domaine instead of the cabins across from the cafeteria on the hill. The bunk house is about a 1/2 mile down the road to the south next to a couple other buildings. 37.50 per guy. VERY similiar to Relais 22 setup but nicer IMO.

It looks like there used to be a local trail that went from Clova to Reservoir Baskatong, I take it that trail is not there any more? It does not show up on Explora.

The trail you are referring to is the woodrunner trail.I have posted this map before. Not sure if you saw it.Trail is shown in black.BTW.....enjoy your trip.Looks like TQ 63 was in good shape according to snowmaster 2112.Saw a post on the french forum this week and guy said TQ 63 was mint also in the Laverendrye Park up to Val d'Or.

woodrunnertrail.jpg

Is that groomer fixed for the Clova Lepine  ;wood-runner trail; ?? Was broken last week. From Clova to Evasion was rough.<br />The lower part along the log road very interesting just was a bunny trail. Well with giant log trucks zooming by. But it is a nice way to drop in to that area. I will ride it again.

Edited by iceman

Dave I have been through 386 before and it is a pretty nice trail. Be forewarned however once you get to 63 it is usually terrible at least until Le Domaine. It is a shame and I don't know the explanation because it is not a bd trail just not maintained. From Domaine to Le Classic is usually better but by no means great. I avoid this trail whenever possible. As far as the old trail to the Baskatong I that think that may have been changed when they started using the Lepine road. That is the trail that you see when you leave Clova heading east on 83 it goes straight where 83 makes the left to Parent. Hope this helps. :drinks:

I am not sure where Lepine road is, but I will look for it on my way to Fallion. I have read about it many times in the last month, but was not sure were it was located. Looks like 63 is good right now also so at this point I think I will take the 386 and spend the night in the Laurier area then hit devils mountain in the morning and head back to the truck in St. Zenon.

The trail you are referring to is the woodrunner trail.I have posted this map before. Not sure if you saw it.Trail is shown in black.BTW.....enjoy your trip.Looks like TQ 63 was in good shape according to snowmaster 2112.Saw a post on the french forum this week and guy said TQ 63 was mint also in the Laverendrye Park up to Val d'Or.

woodrunnertrail.jpg

I have heard of the woodrunner rail, but did not know where it was.

I have heard of the woodrunner rail, but did not know where it was.

I may be wrong but I think he Lepine Rd. and Woodrunner are one in the same.