Will the Trails hold up to the warm temps predicted

MJD

Heading to RDL tomorrow finally , I am Seeing some rain and warm temps in forecast for next 10 days.

Does the area have enough base to handle the rain and warm temps that are forecasted for next week?

Later in the week Enviroment Canada is talking highs in the 8 - 13 deg C mid to later next week for RDL.

We are planning on leaving from RDL on Friday AM heading toward the Gaspe and plan on spending a few days touring the local trails and a little sight seeing etc ,

Do people that have been there lately think that we will be OK getting back to RDL next Sat or Sunday or Should we launch a little further east?

Anybody have the GPS Coordinates for the Radar (ghost tree area) near Redemption ?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Edited by MJD

Heading to RDL tomorrow finally , I am Seeing some rain and warm temps in forecast for next 10 days.

Does the area have enough base to handle the rain and warm temps that are forecasted for next week?

Later in the week Enviroment Canada is talking highs in the 8 - 13 deg C mid to later next week for RDL.

We are planning on leaving from RDL on Friday AM heading toward the Gaspe and plan on spending a few days touring the local trails and a little sight seeing etc ,

Do people that have been there lately think that we will be OK getting back to RDL next Sat or Sunday or Should we launch a little further east?

Anybody have the GPS Coordinates for the Radar (ghost tree area) near Redemption ?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hope they hold up...Wanna get back end of month... :good:

GPS for trees are N48 25 .133

W67 47 .980

Verify those but pretty sure that is correct.

I`m in RDL right now, just got off my sled 15 minutes ago. I agree, things should be okay as far as snow base once out of town, there is a lot of snow once you get away from the St. Lawrence. I`ve put on almost 900 miles the past three days riding out of RDL.

It did get very warm late this afternoon. It will really depend how much rain falls and if there is any snow at the end of the rain. The sun was out this afternoon.

mike

Thanks for the info .

We should be in RDL by supper time tomorrow.

Just myself and my 16 yr old son going now , everybody else bailed .

Should be a good trip , hoping to see the ghost trees , the pictures look pretty cool.

Thanks for the GPS on the trees Phil 1 ,

I'll confirm them and leave them at groomers clubhouse for him.

Mark

Just got up and went outside, still a little dark, no sign that it rained, sled and truck are dry, but the parking lot is now almost bare with lots of standing water. Very, very strong warm winds at the moment, must have melted a lot of snow overnight here at the hotel. Will give an update if I learn anything.

mike

took the pics about an hr ago from up the hills outside town.north-east side.

first pic;looking east toward ste marguerite

p 2 ; looking toward nb

p 3 ; looking west.

few tiny drops of rain between 8 am and 9 am.nothing dangerous at all !!-5c around 6 30 am and now +7c.

grey and black sky !!changing all the time.bit of sunshine earlier this morning!!

groomer !!!

took the pics about an hr ago from up the hills outside town.north-east side.

first pic;looking east toward ste marguerite

p 2 ; looking toward nb

p 3 ; looking west.

few tiny drops of rain between 8 am and 9 am.nothing dangerous at all !!-5c around 6 30 am and now +7c.

grey and black sky !!changing all the time.bit of sunshine earlier this morning!!

groomer !!!

Hope the trails stay in great shape as we're planning on being there on 3/22

Speedy

Hope the trails stay in great shape as we're planning on being there on 3/22

Speedy

hi speedy !!

for now ,i m not afraid at all !!just a few drops after supper.almost nothing.

if it s cold enough tonight,i hope for at least for -5c .i ll be on tq 5 grooming.

when the snow is too wet ,not interesting grooming.can carry the same snow in the drag for miles and miles.its not a grooming job, ''patching '' one if i can say that.boring grooming in those conditions!!

groomer !!!

hi speedy !!

for now ,i m not afraid at all !!just a few drops after supper.almost nothing.

if it s cold enough tonight,i hope for at least for -5c .i ll be on tq 5 grooming.

when the snow is too wet ,not interesting grooming.can carry the same snow in the drag for miles and miles.its not a grooming job, ''patching '' one if i can say that.boring grooming in those conditions!!

groomer !!!

Good to hear!

As the temps look to get colder-during the next 2 weeks.

Speedy

:drinks:

Good to hear!

As the temps look to get colder-during the next 2 weeks.

Speedy

:drinks:

hope so !!still enough snow to ride !!

last year ,took my last run on tq 5 ,april 3 th !!after a snow storm if i remember well !!

groomer !!!

We left RDL friday am , went out 40 to 45 miles on tq 5 toward Rimouski and turned back to truck reloaded and trailered to Matane, very low snow conditions , lots of water on trail and dirt and rock showing. Did not think anything would be left next weekend there to let. Us get back to the truck.

Went from Matane to Mont St Pierre friday afternoon,then Gaspe on TQ 5 then up to Murdochville on saturday , accross to le cache and back to Matane today (nice ride so far)

Heading for ghost trees in AM , then Albertville for lunch, hope to ride some of Groomers trails and end up in Pointe la Croix tomorrow night. Then ride to Carleton and up to le cache on a local trail and end up in Matane tuesday night to meet up with another 3 of the guy's that bailled out last week.

We left RDL friday am , went out 40 to 45 miles on tq 5 toward Rimouski and turned back to truck reloaded and trailered to Matane, very low snow conditions , lots of water on trail and dirt and rock showing. Did not think anything would be left next weekend there to let. Us get back to the truck.

Went from Matane to Mont St Pierre friday afternoon,then Gaspe on TQ 5 then up to Murdochville on saturday , accross to le cache and back to Matane today (nice ride so far)

Heading for ghost trees in AM , then Albertville for lunch, hope to ride some of Groomers trails and end up in Pointe la Croix tomorrow night. Then ride to Carleton and up to le cache on a local trail and end up in Matane tuesday night to meet up with another 3 of the guy's that bailled out last week.

hi mark !!

if you read this,i ll be at the clubhouse around noon today to meet a member !!

jean-guy