One More Time

Je me souviens

Shannon and I decided to do one last run up to see Dominic and the rest of the crew along the way. As per usual, Parked at the Rabaska, and took off after breaksfast. I think the masestic Baskatong has the remnants of old Native spirits, almost every time we have stayed there, Shannon and I have some wild dreams. Breakfast hit the spot, the Baskatong was misty and the trail was freshly groomed. The FCMQ had been up the week end before, so Martin and Dominic made sure to have the grooming done to tip top conditions. The road leaving the Rabaska was hard as a rock, we played in the ditch a little to keep the lube on the slides. We entered the Petawaga ZEC, I am grateful for all the work Martin and his wife Dominque put in back before the holidays. Ferme Neuve had a mini ice storm that left behind a lot of trees that needed to be cut in order to have the beautiful trail through the ZEC. First stop was the Pensive, Francois and his buddies had a party the night before, so they were still sleeping when we went through. Tony and his brother Carl were the only two that were up, they welcomed us in for a pit stop. One of the advantages of being men, is that we can stop as we please along the way, not so much for Shannon, she has to plan the water consumption carefully. We both got back in the saddle and hit le chemin Lepine eager to enjoy the scenery. We made it to McDault's, Lonny and his son Lance were enjoying the sun as we pulled up. I am pretty sure Lance is well on his way to becoming an expert hunter/fishermen/trapper, Lonny takes the time to teach him to enjoy the woods. Lonny told me to be back before lunch on Sunday, as he had to take Lance back to town to get braces on Monday. I took note of the appointment, and continued Nord. We made it up to Clova early, so we went over to the Tamarak to see Alain, Carole and Monique. Shannon and Monique chatted while I spoke with a gentleman from Trois Rivieres, he told about the highlight of the Chaudiere Appalaches region, I took notes, as I plan to take Shannon there next season. Carole let us sample her appetizers as we chatted, her and Alain were preparing the night's feast, as all the rooms in the town were booked solid for the night. I guess Shannon and I were not the only ones that had the same idea. We headed over to Dominic's to get our room, we took off the suits and put the slippers on. I took a few moments to chat in the play room with some guys from Val D'or, they had traveled the path Lonny had told me about. Straight from Val D'or across to the the Lepine Rd. "hors sentiers". They had sleds equipped for that kind of stuff. Turns out, Luc was an expert on off trail adventures, I took more notes. After a few beers supplied graciously by Luc's father, we were ready for the feast. As you can imagine, Dominic and McGee had their hands full withe the place packed. Shannon enjoyed her sugar pie, I had the blueberry for desert. We headed in for the night. The next morning we let the crowd go first, then Shannon and I went in for breakfast. I had the dejeuner Clova as I always do, eggs, ham sausage, bacon, home fries, cretons, toast, OJ and coffee. We hit the trail direction Sud. We made it on time to see Lonny, Lance valet parked my sled for me. Shannon had her mandatory pit stop, Lance showed me how he trained the man's best friend, Ti Loup to smile upon request. We continued down to see Francois at the Pensive. they were packing up to go play around Stammond for the day, I wished I had an extra day to go play in the woods with those guys, I think they may have few tricks up their sleeve around the region. Shannon offered to bang in for the day, but I knew it would be an ill advised extra day off. While we were there a few guys from Pennsylvania needed directions, Francois was glad to let me help him with the translation. I mentioned QuebecRider.com to them as I always do with fellow snowmobiler's, as I was turned on to it by a fellow member, while trolling DooTalk. We continued on through, got back in the Petawaga for the last leg of the trip, we stopped to see what snake falls is all about, looks like a sweet place to spend the summer, right on the beach listening to the falls in the background. As we were pulling back in to the Rabaska, we saw Martin with the Rabaska custom summit loaded into the truck, turns out that lucky duck was headed up to Clova, to test drive next year's summits thanks to the boys in Valcourt. We loaded up and headed home. Thanks to all the people who put the work in for us to be able to enjoy the chemin Lepine, including Ubald, Dominic's groomer operator, who makes the 14 hour one way run through the woods on back to back days for all of us to enjoy. Cheers.

post-0-0-90397300-1331599239_thumb.jpg

The crew @ the Rabaska

post-0-0-82170100-1331599318_thumb.jpg

Headed through the Petawaga

post-0-0-20854700-1331599379_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-10347900-1331599402_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-62203900-1331599434_thumb.jpg

Carl & Tony

post-0-0-13828000-1331599471_thumb.jpg

Headed up Lepine

post-0-0-52265700-1331599499_thumb.jpg

I can see how this could happen if you don't let her breathe a little

post-0-0-20018000-1331599556_thumb.jpg

McDault's

post-0-0-27836700-1331599592_thumb.jpg

Lonny & Lance

post-0-0-17623100-1331599629_thumb.jpg

Lance and Ti Loup

post-0-0-88476000-1331599670_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-13791700-1331599716_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-27176800-1331599747_thumb.jpg

McGee Dom & Linda

post-0-0-49315500-1331599783_thumb.jpg

Dominic gave us the lover's suite

post-0-0-55626400-1331599835_thumb.jpg

A good way to get the kids up to camp

post-0-0-44015900-1331599287_thumb.jpg

Thank you for sharing....last january while we were up in Clova,Dominique was telling that they are now being recognized as a snowmobile club which means they will be subsidized next year from FCMQ between Rabaska up to Pensive(if I'm correct).I am not sure if it remains private from Pensive to Clova.

Too bad this winter they never groomed the trail between the Iron bridge near Gatineau club and south gate of ZEC Petawaga near Lepine bridge.It was groomed last year which was giving access to the area from the Classic in Lytton.Maniwaki snowmobile club was grooming right up to Lepine bridge but stop grooming because there was no trail on the other side of the bridge.

I have painted in blue that stretch i am talking about.It says on the map 25 km but it's more like 50 km.

it was nice to finally the miracle, beautiful and delightful shannon, thanks for stopping in and i hope you enjoyed your season and your last ride up in our beatiful neck of the woods, be good, be careful and hope you stop in for some more munchies next year... :drinks:

Hi George and Shannon. Great that you two got a chance to make one last run of it. Looks like it was quite good. Not much traffic up there this time of year.

Great pics and report on the folks that make this such a fantastic sport. They are the ones that make the trails and lodging so pleasurable for us. Our hats off to them. :good:

See you soon.

Jack & Sandi :)

very nice iv never ben in that part of quebec id like to give it a try next season :good:

Hi Eric ,

What up buddy. Looks like you had some fun this winter. Thanks again for helping my brother. That part of quebec is awesome !!! You will love it give it try. Hope to see you next year.

CrazySnow !!!!!