Live from Quebec 11-25-07 4:15 PM

GTSE800

For all of you waiting for the news you want to hear, IS THERE SNOW OH YES! :good:

They just got the wireless internet service working this afternoon. :drinks:

Mont Valins:

We drove to Derby VT T- Day night and sacked out at the Motel 8, they were perdicting a storm commong across the states and headed up into Quebec.

This it what Vermont had in the morning at 6:30 AM.

We arrived at the Auberge du km 31 on Friday Nov 23rd 07 at 3:30 in the afternoon.

The temperature was 10* F, by the time we checked in, unloaded sleds and gear, it was dark and very cold. When I left RI on Thursday eve, the temp was 61*F, so it takes a little time to acclimate to the temperature change, so we all decided to hang in the Auberge 31, and planed a early start for the next morning. The 1st night for me is always a little tuff to sleep, I was up at 4:30am, just in time to see the Bombardia Groomer coming through.

The operator came in the hotel to get a hot coffee to go.

Sat 24th

Everyone was out side warming up there sleds at 6:45am dooing some last minute adjustments and final preparations for the 1st ride of the 07/08 season

On the trails at 7am. Is there snow? Oh yes, some places it can be measured with a yard stick, and that would still be a little short.

Trails are wide and flat as we start out. For me is was like riding a brand new sled, even though it's an 05.

Over the summer I took some pecautionary messures and had some thing's done that may have been fine for another season or two, but why chance it?

I had all the shocks recharged, replaced the chain, jack shaft bearing, new bars with a higher riser and oh yes, piston's and rings and a few other things.

Thanks to Garneau's, the sled is running great, and I think its gonna be a great season.

We ended the day at 210 miles. we tried to stay away from the hotel, and the La Chapple, lots of traffic and the trails take a beatin.

They have only oppened up 240km of trails, so our group gave them a little help busting open some of the trails.

Took as many pictures as I could, being the 1st ride of the season, we all just wanted to keep riding.

This pic I took while driving, passing through Quebec City.

Here are a few pic's of the trails. They are not grooming very much yet, but if you travel out a ways, the trails are good.

Uploading pictures here is very slow, so I will doo what I can for now.

Will post a lot more pic's when we get down from the hill!

Me and Sobr are headed out right now for one mor loupe tonightSnow has finally let up.

They actualy have too much snow at this point. :o) a warm day or a little rain will help out alot.

Stayed tuned for many more pic's. :drinks:

Glad everyone is enjoying the pic's and the feedback.

As of today, We was gonna stay up on the hill for tonight as we planned, but they are

perdicting another snow storm, and they told us if they get heavy snow, it

could take two or three days before the plow and sander trucks get it cleared out. :wacko:

The road up the mountain is 15 miles long, and steep.

I will be staying in town tonight, there is snow here, not sure how much, will find out tomorrow.

It looks like people was out riding the trails in town?

When we left the hill around 1pm today the groomers was opening more trails, maybe I can check them out tomorow.

See what happens with the next storm tonight.

Got to try out my GPS for the 1st time. Dont know how I rode in Quebec without it.

Its a Lowrance, one very cool feature, weather prediction barometer.

The 1st day of riding, was a clear and cold day, 10 to 15f

Around mid day, I got a pop up alert, Storm watch. Later that evening, another one poped up, Storm warning.

Durning the night it started snowing, and ended a day and a 1/2 later with another foot of snow.

I thought that was pretty cool!