Any info on this place....La Montagne Coupee?

lindasledgirl

Hi Linda,

I stayed there with the family for a week many years ago. I'm getting old fast!! GREAT food! I remember that the snowmobile trail used the street/driveway to the place so when the snow levels are light it is anoying going in & out on day loops. Maybe that has changed now. Great riding in that area.They have very nice groomed cross country ski trails right on the premises if you're into that form of excercise!! LOL Not me......I need to burn gas to have fun!!

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

Never heard a negative comment about them. Not a cheap place,probably in the same ball game like auberge du Vieux-moulin and very nice. They are deemed for their cross country skiing trails (I was going there with the school for winter activity when i was a kid) and also for their relaxation and SPA treatments. Many small family go there for the combo winter outdoor skiing/ relaxation+health cares. As for trail acces, I have not tried it but I know there is a local trail to go there, we see it crossing the #131 road when we go north...

Alain

Stay FAR FAR FAR AWAY from there! I had stayed there and recommended it some friends. They took my advice and went. One evening they were at dinner and their waitress continued to stall them from getting up from the table. After they finally were able to get up they walked outside to see their vehicles and trailers heading out of the parking lot. The hotel staff and management did nothing to help them. When the police finally showed up it was without a care for what had just happened. Needless to say I went up to bring them home. It is a beautiful place in a beautiful location but as far as I am concerned they SUCK!

Hi Linda,

I've never been there and don't know if it is good or bad.

Reading Shane's comment, I understand his feelings and it must be that much worse after you refer someone to a place and then their stuff gets stolen.

Looking back at our experience in Sherbrooke when we lost everything in 2000, we have never gone back to that hotel or even stayed anywhere near Sherbrooke. It could have been one bad hotel clerk that turned us over to the thieves and the hotel was really OK. I don't know and I don't care.

But we lost a trailer at another hotel a few years later and we have been back there many times since then with no problems.

In Sherbrooke I felt like we were treated poorly "just Americans that have insurance, so what".

At the other hotel, they showed us the video of the theft, talked to us at length about the theft and then put up an enclosure for trucks hopefully to prevent it from happening again.

Where ever you go, you have to make sure your stuff isn't an easy target.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Jack

X2 Shane, I had some friends that lost their trucks and trailers from there about 10 years ago. Took the stuff in the middle of the day while they were out riding. One truck was parked head in toward the snowbank and took some doing to turn around. Also it has a pretty long driveway with only one way in/out. They suspected someone made a call when they left for the day, but I expect we all would jump to that conclusion if we found our stuff gone. Drive a little further to La Glaciere or Le Cabanon, they have secure parking and get onto better trails quicker. Real Masse is pretty safe too I think I heard a few years ago he chased a theif down the road and when the perp put the truck in the snowbank he beat the bejesus out of him. Need more of that IMO

I use to stay at Reals with my wife..Less trafic and also way off the main road..Makes it harder for those dogs to steal stuff.He has place for sleds that they lock.Its not that far from st zennon..The problem is he closes his restaurant early..Just nice to be away from the gangs at zennon and saits micheal..He also has hot tub in room...lol...Food was good and they are very frendly.They have lots of roads that lead to many lakes..That they dont plow..You could cut tracks for a day after it snows..Also have hydro wires..I have spent the day in the back roads there with my wife.. jack

Thanks guys!

I did have the pleasure of staying one night at Real Massee this winter...and Snowfarmer and his wife rode in to meet us for supper. The room we had was huge, very comfortable and the food was excellent. I would definatly stay there again.

I am suppose to leave on Thursday (feb 7) for Mekoos. Just waiting to see how things are looking there. If anyone hears any first hand from the trail info...I would love to have it. I am not 'booked' in to anywhere....so I can change direction pretty easy.

Thanks!

Linda