Looking for an additional riding partner

600IQHO

Thanks for the welcome guys and your feed back. 600IQ I am still interested in riding but I called le cabanon and they are booked Saturday night so I will most likely stay at le glacier and meet up with you first thing Sunday morning so let me know what time you are planning on heading out

We will head out after breakfast between 7:30 and 8 am. You can ride up and meet us for breakfast at 7am PM me and give me your # and we can discuss details.

OK, I'll step up and be first to disagree. I have a long history with Yamaha as well and can tell you that the "500 mile oil change" - done by a good dealer - is more than an oil and filter change. Track adj + alignment, chaincase oil check (some change it), chaincase chain tension check, overall check of the sled for loose or missing fasteners . . . I could go on. Again, allot is done by the good + great dealers where others may 'just do the oil + filter change'. I personally know of things like plugged filter screens in the oil tank, incorrect antifreeze mixtures, and incorrectly filled chaincases have been 'discovered' at the 500mi service. Plus, good luck with warranty claims when you don't follow Yamaha's specific recommendations.

Not out to scare you more but probably not wise to take a machine with '0' miles from the States to Quebec before break-in. The riding style will test/tempt you to 'stretch' the break-in RPM recommendations. BTW, your warranty won't be honored in Quebec. Yamaha Canada is for all intents and purposes, a separate company than Yamaha Motors-USA. Many of us have found this out before and I am just passing it along so you are aware. You will have to pay out-of-pocket and file (and wait) for reimbursement when you return. (this also includes Y.E.S.)They may ultimately deny coverage because you have technically not followed your warranty terms and returned the unit to a US dealer as stated in the warranty.

Sorry to lay all this bad news out but may be better than learning the hard way -

Maybe things are a little different here? I have a VERY GOOD the kind that checks the antifreeze mixture before the sled leaves their shop, the kind that keeps up with all the service bulletins and the kind that actually rides their snowmobiles in Quebec as well. In fact in '09 one of the owners was with on the trip with a brand new Vector and they did the same thing. If you do not have a good dealer or do not trust your dealer then by all means stop at 500mi. on the button and have your sled trailered to the dealer and get it checked out. I did adj. the chaincase,check oil and motor oil levels watch the track (did not need adj.) and so on. If I wasn't at all mechanically inclined or anyone else for that matter maybe you don't want to do it this way. I sugg. asking your dealer for their advice, I have never heard of a Yamaha dealer in the states say stop right at 500mi. and service. Do you do the same at 2500mi.?

From what dealer does a guy in Gaithersburg buy a new Yamaha snowmobile? If its F&S they'd rather see you but you should be able to trust that your machine is setup correctly. We went to Potter Co. PA twice in early Jan to get a buddy's 2013 broken in before the 1000 mile QC trip. He had it serviced before we left and it ran flawlessly.

Thanks for the welcome guys and your feed back. 600IQ I am still interested in riding but I called le cabanon and they are booked Saturday night so I will most likely stay at le glacier and meet up with you first thing Sunday morning so let me know what time you are planning on heading out

MD rider, I will be staying at le Glaciere Friday night, Saturday night and probably a few more nights, live entertainment Saturday night, If we don't bump in to each other just ask owner Lionel who Mark is, hope to meet you

I had 4 rooms booked at le Cabanon and 2 guys backed out. I just cancelled a room for Fri. and Sat. night. If you give them a call, a room should be open.

Thanks for the heads up they had overbooked by 1 room so I will need 1 more again thanks

Did you get a room at Tamarak? I will be up there 4 hours earlier now. Should be there by 3:30 pm.

I hear you guys mention Tamarak and it keeps ringing a bell with me....that is the place that is famous for Pike and Walleye fishing...I would love to know if they offer ice fishing. Any info on the fishing part of that place if you have time to ask would be great! I can get the price off the internet...but would love to know what they say about it in person.

thanks

Linda

I hear you guys mention Tamarak and it keeps ringing a bell with me....that is the place that is famous for Pike and Walleye fishing...I would love to know if they offer ice fishing. Any info on the fishing part of that place if you have time to ask would be great! I can get the price off the internet...but would love to know what they say about it in person.

thanks

Linda

Linda, they are talking about the Tamarac Hotel in Clova on the other side of the railroad tracks.

• 2 weeks later...