Nice lodges in Quebec that you can drive your truck an trailer to.

Ilandem

Hi everyone just wondering where everybody goes with there truck and trailer that's easy to get in and out of without a white knuckle road. I recently came back from Notawissi north of saint Ann du lac and wow that was some interesting and hair raising roads to say the least lots of ice and steep hills ford the F-150 pulling a trailer. Is there any lodges in that general area easier to get to ie. Rabaska or Mekoos.

Ok we'll how we're the back roads the ones we were on scarred the you know what out of my wife didn't think the truck was gonna make it up some of the hills covered in ice. Looking for an easy ride we did 45 km on dirt roads then 6km on lodge road not fun with trailer.

llandem most of outfitters are Off the beaten path in the Woods IMO the best places to stay !!! But not fun to drive into all dirt roads Especially in the winter !!! That's why a lot riders on this site Saddlebag !! You need to find a secure hotel in a town and go from there.

If you need any help send me a PM.

Later CrazySnow.

Speaking of white knucle trailer rides, I had a bad one a few years ago on some windy mountain roads between Val St Come and the town of St Come. Was heading toward St Jean De Matha. We came up from Montreal when is was raining and about 35 degrees with just wet roads. Stayed wet up until I headed north, then in a matter of no time turned to freezing rain. I ended up on a side mountain road and was crawling at about 10 miles and hour and started sliding this way, that way......Trailer was fishtailing a bit and felt tike it was pulling the Jeep in stead of the Jeep pulling the Trailer. Wife was with me and she was so freaked out she couldn't even speak. We finally were able to get through the windey mountain roads and made it (slid to) our lodge. I got there and said..."I need a beer". We have been to the same area many years since, but always remember that crazy night of driving the trailer on black ice.

Roads seem to always be an adventure when I travel to Quebec. I not only plan on it, but I count on hitting bad weather when I head up or head back home as I always seem to hit the bad stuff.

This was a unique year with the rain then freeze that made those roads harder than normal. My friend made it in with 2wd Tacomoa pulling a sled. Interesting roads yes..but not really all that difficult. I agree though you have to pay to play.