Did RDL get the snow ?

snowdogs

Hey Jean-Guy,

Can you email that friend and ask again for me...any snow in RDL?

Linda

Dans le secteur de Rivière du Loup il est tombé pour le moment entre 25 a 30 cm. C'est le bonheur,nous n'avions pas reçu

de neige importante depuis le 15 janvier.

according to that woman...25-30 cm...but the way she wrote it was still snowing when she posted !!

jean-guy

Linda, I sledded yesterday from Montmagny east to RDL and back around. Thin near town, they need snow, about 15 to 20 miles of thin coming across on trail 5. Returned on the middle and lower trails, 35 & 55, and all was good. Very warm in the area today. mike

Thanks RMK but no I am driving right to groomers.

A few friends are looking at the following week but I was pretty sure the snow wasnt good.

Hi everyone, we are planning on leaving Montmagny Monday morning and head up to groomer's area, so Mikerider (or anyone!) you suggest it's better to go internal 35 towards Cabano ect, than staying on 5 ?

How is the area around Montmagny to get to out of town?

Thanks

I'm planning on RDL departure March 9th lets keep our fingers crossed that new snow arrives. Going to be in the arera from the 9th to the 16th so lots of time to explore the back country. Is there a place to leave your truck in trailer that is safe in RDL.

I'm planning on RDL departure March 9th lets keep our fingers crossed that new snow arrives. Going to be in the arera from the 9th to the 16th so lots of time to explore the back country. Is there a place to leave your truck in trailer that is safe in RDL.

Universal, locked coral for truck and trailer, nice place.

Unless we get snow, I would avoid trail 5 for sure. 35 and 55 were excellent couple days ago. On 35 after Tourville you will come to an ungroomed section, keep going, it is only 1/2 mile of ungroomed and then is fine again. I haven't been east of RDL. I believe Farmerold is staying currently in RDL, he may have more info. Calling for snow the next couple days. mike

I left (I should say scrapped in- out) Rimoski last weekend after this storm. You could see and fell to rows of the fields on the 5 north towards Mt Jolie. When to get up in the hills 20 miles on the 597, everything is epic. Expect for the radar trap. :) coming down the big wide hill :) Everything from Pohemagamok to Cabano the day before is mint. There is nobody on the trails except local folks on the weekends.

Edited by momojohnny