Trail from Lamarche-ScoobyRaid-Onatchiway?

iceman

Story from newspaper on CMIQ site.

Caribou Conscrits saying they will not open trail here. There is 2 broken Bridges, according to club president he says federation is asking clubs to cut their trails by 20% in each club? This seems crazy.

Not sure what trail exactly they are talking about here I am thinking is the orange trail going from the back of Scooby and up the lake to go toward Mont Valin thru Onatchiway.

Bill do you have any news on this? Seems troubling to say the least.

Edited by iceman

Those are my favorite orange trails. Would that not also cut off Pipmuacan? or maybe it's just the section of trail from Scooby to Onatchiway.

And whats with the cutting of 20% of the trails? Hopefully someone that's more connected to this can shed some light on it. Sucks if it's true. The bridges are one thing but the 20% reduction makes no sense (1/5 of the trails in quebec??) Really?

I am pretty sure its the section of orange trail from Onatchiway that arrives at the lake above Scoobyraid.

The club president (caribou conscits) said in the article in the paper that the FCMQ has asked clubs to cut their trail networks by 20%.

Those are my favorite orange trails. Would that not also cut off Pipmuacan? or maybe it's just the section of trail from Scooby to Onatchiway.

And whats with the cutting of 20% of the trails? Hopefully someone that's more connected to this can shed some light on it. Sucks if it's true. The bridges are one thing but the 20% reduction makes no sense (1/5 of the trails in quebec??) Really?

No , that's not the same system that goes to Pipmuacan .... but any loss trails is not good

Thanks Bill, let us know what you find out.

I saw something on the CMIQ site about the club Caribou Conscits And Scoobyraid from 2010 where the club sued them for not Paying as agreed for advertising and other advantages.(not sure what that means).

Scoobyraid lost the case and was ordered to pay over 5k to the club on the contract they signed.

For sure must be some bad blood involved here I am thinking.

I saw something on the CMIQ site about the club Caribou Conscits And Scoobyraid from 2010 where the club sued them for not Paying as agreed for advertising and other advantages.(not sure what that means).

Scoobyraid lost the case and was ordered to pay over 5k to the club on the contract they signed.

I am friends with both the Scooby Raid folks and the guy who was President of Caribou-Conscrits att that time but I never heard anything. The C-C groomer was stationed there around that time. I have seen the President, his wife and other club officers eating and drinking at Scooby Raid, Two years ago I mentioned to William, Scooby Raid, about the trail condition of 367 from Shipshaw to St Ambroise and within a couple of days things improved and were good last year. But what you read may be so.

This was from a link posted there under the comments on this trail situation. It dates back to 2010. It was a link to the judgement issued by the courts regarding the suit.

Seems like it was for advertising, maybe the ad on the Maps or signage. i do not know.

Scooby signed a contract with club and agreed to pay $6,200 approx and paid only $525 so judge awarded the balance due plus interest and fees.

It seems that it has more to do with 2 bridges in need of replacement and no money to do it. Also something about the club woukd be held responsible(according to FCMQ) if anyone drowned while crossing the lake there. (i guess near scoobyraid).

Very very very Confusing.

Too bad cause that orange trail there was a great one to onatchiway from scooby and vice versa.

Link to story in newspaper.

http://www.journaldequebec.com/2013/11/25/lamarche-isolee-des-monts-valin

I just heard back from my contact, head of security for the Caribou-Conscrits Club, that the trail from Scooby Raid to Onatchiway will be closed this year due to two bridges being damaged and needing replacement. He explained that the way infrastructure repairs work is that the Federation and the club split the cost 50% each. The club does not have the money. He also mentioned that Mont Valin has 5 foot of snow and that in town there is 2 foot.

I have noticed that Scoobyraid is not on the Saguenay lac-Saint-Jean 2013/2014 trail map